Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:35:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: China withdraw issue?  (Read 716 times)
kebabrulle (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:32:37 PM

Hello there!

I have been reading and following here but my first topic here Smiley

I'm wondering about an issue. As you know China has blocked banks to deposit to BTC trade sites(at least BTCChina and Huobi right?). And the other thing was that the deadline for withdrawing CNY was 31st of January, or at least there was something like that if I remember right. I wonder if it is true? In that case is it only BTCChina that is not going to be able to withdraw CNY or all chinese trade sites gonna be blocked to withdraw CNY?

Any information about it?

Thanks!
howzar

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:45:16 PM

I have no confirmed information about this (and I think china financial discussion forums have more details) but I think the limitations are to BTC exchangers in general (the ones with banks and maybe registered) not just BTCChina.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:04:15 PM

I have no confirmed information about this (and I think china financial discussion forums have more details) but I think the limitations are to BTC exchangers in general (the ones with banks and maybe registered) not just BTCChina.

Surely, like in the UK, the only regulation could possibly be around BTC exchanges (the funnels between Bitcoin and Fiat). They can't stop people from using it, but I can see why it would hurt the bitcoin economy if people aren't allowed to cash back out to fiat. If only because companies wouldn't adopt it. A company would only adopt it if their whole supply chain adopted it.
kebabrulle (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:20:26 PM

Thanks for the answer, anyway anything new about the China bank withdrawal issue?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: