Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 04:18:27 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does the Price of bitcoin inversely proportional to the price of altcoins?  (Read 267 times)
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:28:21 AM

There used to be inverse proportion but not now. Currently there is completely direct reaction between all the altcoins and the bitcoin. The relation is however proportional to the whole market cap because whenever there is drop in the value then there is always money is being taken out of the total market cap and not just the single bitcoin market cap. My understanding tell me that, when bitcoin is dropping then people try to sell off everything they have on the alts as they will convert it to the bitcoin when it will drop. Thats the after effect of whole thing and nothing else.
Solarex_ICO (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:08:22 PM

The price of all of the altcoins closely follow the price of bitcoin that is why you see that when the price of bitcoin goes up, the price of all of the altcoins go up, and when the price of bitcoin goes down, then the price of the altcoins go down. This is mainly due to the fact that there are trading pairs of all of the altcoins with bitcoin so it affects their prices a lot

You have answered well YOU SAID BECAUSE THEY ARE
trading pairs of all of the altcoins

This is not going on well for Altcoin, so how can we turn this around?
How can we free Altcoin from this bondage?
nsasuiteb

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

BAILOUT

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:23:31 PM

That kind of thing does not happen. Vice versa the market will rise and fall together, that had happened mostly in the past years.

Solarex_ICO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 07:10:38 PM

That kind of thing does not happen. Vice versa the market will rise and fall together, that had happened mostly in the past years.

This is becoming very interesting now. 
Can we then look at creating an autonomous system that will not depend on bitcoin?
senopratama

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:32:27 PM

I say this is the majority that almost all altcoin will have the value which is proportional with bitcoin. When altcoin up bitcoin also rises and vice versa. the reason it is certainly because of the bitcoin system that many other altcoins so they imitated programme-on the value of bitcoin.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
Solarex_ICO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2018, 01:31:50 AM

I say this is the majority that almost all altcoin will have the value which is proportional with bitcoin. When altcoin up bitcoin also rises and vice versa. the reason it is certainly because of the bitcoin system that many other altcoins so they imitated programme-on the value of bitcoin.

If there is something that I have learned from this discussion, it will be that altcoins are built on bitcoin technology or they pair with bitcoin and as such their price are affected when bitcoin price is affected.

So we need another technology that will be independent of bitcoin
What do you think?
Sasha88x

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:47:43 AM

Yes, the whole market depends on bitcoin price... All alkali stretch in the direction in kororaa moves of the bitcoin. And while Bitcoin is the main cryptocurrency, it will be so...
n691309
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:39:59 AM

If there is something that I have learned from this discussion, it will be that altcoins are built on bitcoin technology or they pair with bitcoin and as such their price are affected when bitcoin price is affected.

What do you think?

Some coins are depending on the USD value (or any other fiat currency) at least in the ICO phases the price in some icos is determined by the price of USD
Bitcoin is so volatile because of the supply and demand.
Many people are eager to sell their bitcoin because of the panic that causes by the news and FUDS.
If holders are more on holding and letting buyers buy it at their price BTC price will rise really high.
This is the best thing to describe how bitcoin price is always moving.
Solarex_ICO (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 02:49:16 PM

What do you think?

Some coins are depending on the USD value (or any other fiat currency) at least in the ICO phases the price in some icos is determined by the price of USD
Many people are eager to sell their bitcoin because of the panic that causes by the news and FUDS.
If holders are more on holding and letting buyers buy it at their price BTC price will rise really high.

So why does this rise and fall in the price of Bitcoin affect other coins?
k.nero

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 02:08:48 PM

What do you think?

So why does this rise and fall in the price of Bitcoin affect other coins?

Due to Bitcoin dominance, majority of the alts are traded against it.

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform | 5+ Millions USD Raised
2 Millions Orders/s ▸ Public Sale starts on May 03 2019◂
BrentMack

Activity: 204

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:03:24 PM

Yes. I have always mentioned it that there is some sort of connection between the price of bitcoin, and that of altcoins. The thing is whatever happens to bitcoin practically happens to the alts too, and this is why a loy of persons believe hat the death of bitcoin would as well lead to the death of altcoins.
Spoop

Activity: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 01:37:28 PM

It is because the altcoins all have trading pairs with bitcoin so as long as the price of bitcoin moves then the price of altcoins will always move proportionally along with bitcoin. The only way would be to take off the trading pairs with bitcoin and no coin can do that since they would be taking a big loss in the process.
Vaniaayu

Activity: 476
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2018, 02:08:16 PM

it does not have to happen, sometimes the price of Bitcoin rises while the price of Altcoin falls. short words about Altcoin. Altcoin will rise if Bitcoin prices are stable. that's a bit of my knowledge about the rise and fall of Altcoin prices
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 05:44:43 AM

There used to be inverse proportion but not now. Currently there is completely direct reaction between all the altcoins and the bitcoin. The relation is however proportional to the whole market cap because whenever there is drop in the value then there is always money is being taken out of the total market cap and not just the single bitcoin market cap. My understanding tell me that, when bitcoin is dropping then people try to sell off everything they have on the alts as they will convert it to the bitcoin when it will drop. Thats the after effect of whole thing and nothing else.
It kinda depends on the market. Couple years ago when bitcoin went up usually the altcoins went down, not went down in usd prices usually, that standed still however the value against the bitcoin went down because bitcoin prices went up. However during last year when ethereum was just 10 or so dollars and bitcoin went up everything else followed, ethereum became 150+ or so and most other coins went up like that too.

So while bitcoin was going up other coins were going up double because both bitcoin and dollar value increased. However recently once again prices go down when bitcoin goes up like old days. So it depends on the market situation if alts will go down or go up when bitcoin goes up.
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:48:16 PM

Most of the times yes. All of the altcoins follow the price of bitcoin most of the time but there are always times where a coin seems to move individually from the price of bitcoin due to pumps and dumps in the price of the coin so there is that but due to all of the trading pairs that the coins possess with bitcoin, the price of bitcoin is always influencing the price of the altcoins

jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:40:53 AM

I have been wondering within myself why does this always happened?

Any time the price of bitcoin drops the price of other coins also drops.  Is this something true?

Or maybe I am the one making a mistake here?

If I am right, then what is happening?

Why is the price of bitcoin inversely or directly proportional to the price of other coins?

So far the answer is yes. I mean all of the market goes up when the price of bitcoin goes up and when the price of bitcoin crashes then the price of all of the coins in the market goes down, that goes to show that they all follow the price of bitcoin. All of the altcoins get their value from the price of bitcoin, this is why we all need to be supporting bitcoin

ambisyon

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

In my views, I believe that there are cases which alts may sometimes being directly proportional with btc and there were also instances that it may happen to be inversely proportional with btc while it is on up trend market. In the previous year, I believe it's more of a directly proportional status wherein for every btc going up trend, alts usually follow.

REME-COIN ● Marketplace with up to 100% Cashback
▬▬ ● ● ICO (PRE-SALE) START: 2 MAY 2018 ● ● ▬▬ (https://www.remecoin.io/)
petrovkirill808

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 10:37:36 AM

Ofcourse. But now maybe will come a new altcoins, who be a not proportional of bitcoin price. Waiting with calm
opv321

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 11:33:46 AM

If every other token and coin became stable enough to have the same factors that influence btc, influence them, they would become higher in value as people will begin to support a coin that can support itself.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: