Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:32:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people want from alt cryptocurrency?  (Read 730 times)
travel-trousers (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 03:04:12 PM

Im developing a new currency and I was interested in hearing what people want from a new coin.

We've put in lot of new ideas and think it could do quite well since nearly every other alt coin we see is just another clone that brings nothing new to the platform.

What do you want to see developed or implemented?
travel-trousers (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:31:25 PM

This sub board is just so spammy!

Where can I post to actually get a conversation going?
pand70

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:34:09 PM

Usually they want to get rich quick. Can you implement that?

bnogal

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:32:34 PM

i have been working on it... too, i am a Qt C++ QML developer, and i could develop a coin, keeping it "simple", in no much time... but later on i know i will find(i found) problems with p2p, NG-NAT, and, my main problem, i dont wanna develop a coin that would need to burn tons of energy to produce them.

I am going to tell what i would put in my coin, and if you like i could work on it, but not just me plz...

The main characteristic:  Votes between people, positive or negative, the negative votes would have the obligation to add a comment (between the ones the receiver of the comment is having already, or a new one)
Both people in the deal can vote the other.
If one of the 2 votes negative, and the other voted already positive, he has the chance to change the vote to negative. Two negative votes can change to positive at the same time if both sign "problem solved"

Each person would have a diagram in their profile, telling what are the most awful things they did... showing the percents. The percents comes from payed amounts of negative votes. In the other hand we could use positive vs negative as a thrust index.

The voting system is though so people will make deals, and no vote for long, until he decides the other deserve a positive vote, or a negative one. Making a fair system where rich ones have same oportunities as poor ones... If some cheats 1000 people, and those 1000 people vote negative later, cheater reputation would get ruined. And cheater would not be able of ruin reputation of the 1000 people, just a bit. The system leaves and opportunity so cheater can change... and solve the problems.

Of course, i am throwing out of the window the "privacy". But yes, I think "privacy" exists so some people can still the money from the rest. Accounts should have a name, and a optional "link" to some public profile/email to get in contact. Name, age and born in "country/city" should be impossible to change, link could be possible.

Programming this in pure Qt/QML using a cryptography library like "botan" that is easily portable could bring this to Linux/Windows/Mac/Iphone/Android/BB(blackberry still exists)

The initial problems of accounting and money distribution could be solve using other coin as way to "pay and register", money could go to multiple well know non profit non religion related organization (even if i dont thrust them)...
When you create an account, you get N coins, the N number of coins you get by opening an account would decrease with the time, being stable by 5 years or a fair amount of time, POS could be used to sign transactions. To calculate POS winner, not just the last time spent time would be used, thrust index could form part of the chances (being time still completely necessary)

A NFC protocol to pay (Qt is not having it working still, but will), by the moment a QR code system...

If you or some likes the idea... i can help developing it, but i just see too much work for just one developer.

cranial.nerve

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:03:20 PM

Better make a voting.

I'll vote for untraceability.

Look at my idea:

* Miner construct block and every inputs are shuffled into one great input, thereafter goes outputs, and nowhere nobody can get information from which address to which address was a transaction.
* In this light, time between blocks should be more than 10 minutes.
* This coin should be called like "LaundryCoin" or "PrivacyCoin".
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:07:50 PM

^^ This. Smiley

colin012

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:17:18 PM

One way to protect from multipools to to implement a max % difficulty change. RonPauCoin just did this and it seems to be working so far. Every time the difficulty changes, it can only change by a maximum of 11% in the positive or negative direction.

But most of all, people want protection from 51% attacks on the coin. If you can find some way to protect against that, let me know.

NXT Organization Marketing
jongameson

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:19:12 PM

freedom from it.  all we want is jailcoin  Roll Eyes
jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:23:17 PM

LOL LOL Brilliant!
lerelerele

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:24:00 PM

+1
elixir

Activity: 224

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:34:52 PM

for it to succeed.  Cool

OPEC oc2E9cQ4StgaMW2a18pKuZGe5h9RZdLL9c

Non nobis solum, sed omnibus! - Franko

Ɖ ~ DSNJ49NdZM4KjLHfPSYEGWKRn7wSC4bWqi
bitbox

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:41:56 PM

1) No premine
2) Long term ASIC resistance(51% attack resistance)
3) GPU effective utilization ("CPU only" cryptocurrency is zoo for botnets)
4) Multipool resistance
5) Trade on major exchanges

+1

New algorithms always look interesting. And of course we want to get rich quick  Grin
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:43:14 PM

Grin
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:15:56 PM

I would like to see a coin where your mining speed almost entierly depends on the amount of RAM you have instead the CPU, GPU or Asic speed.
That would be truely something new. Tongue ( It's not that impossible as it sounds but requires radical new algos and thinking. )

another crazzy coin.. could be something that produces pretty fractal or mandelbrot pictures when mining... ..or at least digs out some nice pictures Tongue

ah well more sane:
 that qbit333 list i can agree except that I like CPU coins. Make a Botnet resistent CPUCoin somehow.

RJX
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:19:39 PM

1) No premine
2) Long term ASIC resistance(51% attack resistance)
3) GPU effective utilization ("CPU only" cryptocurrency is zoo for botnets)
4) Multipool resistance
5) Trade on major exchanges

+1

New algorithms always look interesting. And of course we want to get rich quick  Grin

This and catering to a certain industry or charital cause. Ask Nike if they wanna get in on the fun, try Greenpeace for a better world. How about skateboardcoin to buy decks from Santa Cruz (do they still make decks?)

Functionality.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: