Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:55:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin wallet corupt.  (Read 798 times)
Recon (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:43:43 PM

Hello. Few years ago i saved my bitcoin wallet into usb drive and nowday then put back in my bitcoin program folder its writing wallet corupt.

Any suggestions there i can get old version of program who accepts my old wallet ?
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:48:32 PM

1) create a new wallet in v0.8.6
2) copy/paste a bitcoin adress from this wallet in a text document
3) download your old version : http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/files/Obsolete/
4) wait to old version synchronise from bitcoin network
5) replace the wallet of old bitcoin with your old wallet
6) transfer all of fund to the new adress
7) wait 6 confirmations
8 ) delete and re-install new version with the wallet of 1
Recon (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:26:52 PM

thanks it helped.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:01:33 PM

Nice you got it fixed? I had this happen with my LTC wallet and it was the most anxiety i have had in awhile. Since it was a few years ago, how many btc did you have in there if you dont mind me asking? Thats like finding a wad of hundreds in your jeans before you were about to throw them in the wash
Recon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:15:44 AM

well its seems okay after i put old wallet, but its crashed again on old program. I still working on that.
Client to frustrating and not as easy to copy and hold the wallet as it seems. Its good i not had any high amount funds on there.

It have to be easy to hold and put old wallet but its not Cheesy
I can only imagine how mad first time old bitcoin users who have same problem and have thousands bitcoins on their wallets. There no support at all from bitcoin creators you know Smiley

Wallet name QT somehow reminds me one company IQT who have address iqt (dot) org Cheesy But probably i am to suspicious on that one Smiley

Need some software who can just upgrade normally old wallet to new soft so we have no hard time trying all versions on that to make wallet work. I am not some programer guru so its super hard to try make old wallet work again .
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:25:45 AM

Nice you got it fixed? I had this happen with my LTC wallet and it was the most anxiety i have had in awhile. Since it was a few years ago, how many btc did you have in there if you dont mind me asking? Thats like finding a wad of hundreds in your jeans before you were about to throw them in the wash

Same here.  Thats why i decided you have to be F'n crazy to keep your coins in a software program, even locally, even offline.   

Paper wallets 100% of the time.  No way im trusting tons of money to a windows application.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Recon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:35:00 AM

The problem then you take out and store wallet for few years even none enscrypted and trying to put back you geting damn errors and cant load it. Community need some better program who will ubdate their old wallets to never version after some time. I maked a survey this problem all over internet width old bitcoin users.
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:38:43 AM

Well I had a current version wallet.dat file.

I found that if I renamed that file to something else, and moved it to another drive, then moved it back and named it wallet.dat again ... boom ... file corrupt.

The only way i was able to salvage all my bitcoins was that I had previously deleted the wallet.dat file, and it was still sitting in my recycle bin.

Fortunately, restoring that enabled me to access my coins again.

It took me all of 1 hour to get every single bit of my coins the hell out of Bitcoin QT and onto a paper wallet.

Never again.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Recon (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:52:54 PM

Yes this is big problem and litecoin not have that problem . I still recovering my old btc wallet. I just got new game lol Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: