Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:40:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dogecoins! NEED HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 533 times)
momokid13 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:47:28 PM

OKay so i have been mining at dogepool.net   and in my transactions i have two transactions that say "orphaned". what does that mean? also i have 3000 valid shares but did not get paid. why is this? and last what does this mean? "US Node added: stratum+tcp://us.dogepool.net:2222 use it from the states if having problems with the routing to the EU" like do i have to change something to that?
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:06:14 PM

Sometimes blocks get "lost" or "orphaned". They're just gone. Nothing you can do, so don't worry.

For shares, you don't get paid until they find a block and it is confirmed. It can take many hours to find a block - it all depends... Check back on it after a day or so.

For the US/EU thing, it doesn't usually matter much. That's for whether or not you can connect.

satsumi

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:19:20 PM

The orphan rate depends on luck and how well the pool is connected to the network. Basically two pools both mined a new block and sent it out to the network, and unfortunately your pool's block didn't win. The network consensus was that the other block was first.

It's worth comparing pools by their orphan rate, not just by fees. On pools running MPOS that's fairly easy, look at the blocks page and divide orphan/found for the week.

On pool.dogechain.info that is 2/139, or 1.44%. On doge.poolerino.com that's 8/194, or 4.12%. Essentially Poolerino is charging a "pool incompetence fee" of 2.68% over dogechain's, which is a more significant cost than their deliberate fees.

Unfortunately a lot of chains don't share this data, so it's difficult to see how well they are doing. dogepool.pw doesn't show the weekly numbers, but would show orphans in the payments, and were over 10% when I was using them. Not worth mining blocks for a pool if they're going to lose a significant portion of them.
btc-mike

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:12:32 AM

The orphan rate depends on luck and how well the pool is connected to the network. Basically two pools both mined a new block and sent it out to the network, and unfortunately your pool's block didn't win. The network consensus was that the other block was first.

It's worth comparing pools by their orphan rate, not just by fees. On pools running MPOS that's fairly easy, look at the blocks page and divide orphan/found for the week.

On pool.dogechain.info that is 2/139, or 1.44%. On doge.poolerino.com that's 8/194, or 4.12%. Essentially Poolerino is charging a "pool incompetence fee" of 2.68% over dogechain's, which is a more significant cost than their deliberate fees.

Unfortunately a lot of chains don't share this data, so it's difficult to see how well they are doing. dogepool.pw doesn't show the weekly numbers, but would show orphans in the payments, and were over 10% when I was using them. Not worth mining blocks for a pool if they're going to lose a significant portion of them.

Thank you! This is the info I was looking for. I have been on poolerino for a week and thought something was off. Just started to look into it today. Their front page and ANN thread mention a recent attack but no further info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: