Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 09:39:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recommendations on established trading sites, trust issues and excess miners  (Read 576 times)
gashslapper (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 07:43:18 PM

Hi, I’m new to Bitcoin and digital currencies in general and looking for some advice. I started playing with GUIMiner, CFMiner and BFGMiner back n Nov after purchasing some USB ASIC miners, not to really be serious about mining as I’m fully aware of the difficulty issues, but I did this so I could learn more about how the process works. I also have started paying more attention to crypto currency news sites.

That said while part of me wants to start purchasing some altcoins I’m a bit hesitant. With buying bitcoins as an investment option I justify the purchase through say Coinbase since they are physically located near me. However, when it comes to alt coins I take a look at sites like CEXIO, Vircurex, mxcNOW, etc and they’re so anonymous I honestly don’t feel comfortable transferring BTC to them waiting a few days for it to go through and then pushing it back to my own personal wallets. Granted at some point there needs to be some level of “trust” I just don’t have that yet.

My idea has been to take the RPG items I sell on various outlets and setup a site that can take the payments in various currencies. However looking at Wordpress Plugins everything seems to be setup for BTC and I can’t find anything on LTC or Peercoin, etc.

So finally the point of all this TLDR:

• What does the community here recommend for processing payments of digital currencies online?
  • How do I get over my trust issues with buying altcoins from “established” sites?
  • Also, what should I do with these ASIC USB miners now?
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:58:32 PM

Only put very small amounts of BTC on them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: