Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:21:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: January 31st, Will China ban exchanger's bank transfers funding methods?  (Read 3195 times)
banaltcoin (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:00:29 PM

"On January 31st, a new law will be effective in China: 3rd party payment processors will no longer be allowed to trade bitcoins."

third party Bitcoin payment processors including:
Taobao (ebay)
Alipay   (paypal)
Tenpay (another paypal)
Yeepay (another paypal)

this is nothing new, we have already known about this since December 2013, Bitcoin exchangers in China already stopped Deposit / Withdraw from / to 3rd party payment processors and switched their funding methods to "China bank account transfers" two months ago

So the only question is, can Chinese traders deposit / withdraw money CNY from / to Chinese bitcoin exchangers through China bank account transfers after January 31st?
coinpharmer

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:07:51 PM

it does not matter how the chinese buy bitcoin, they will. if that means via face to face with bags of cash, then so be it. if it means the government opens exchange so they control things and feel better so be it. but there is no way of stopping this. the chinese are very good at finding ways around problems, thats a freaking fact. and they will do anything to reach there goals. (GDP/polution should be proof of this easy to see truth)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:09:01 PM

"On January 31st, a new law will be effective in China: 3rd party payment processors will no longer be allowed to trade bitcoins."

Taobao (ebay)
Alipay   (paypal)
Tenpay (another paypal)
Yeepay (another paypal)

this is nothing new, we have already known about this since December 2013, Bitcoin exchangers in China already stopped Deposit/Withdraw from/to 3rd party payment processors and switched funding methods to "China bank account transfers" two months ago

So the only question is, can traders deposit / withdraw money CNY from / to Chinese bitcoin exchangers through China bank account transfers?

As far as i am informed this will not be possible.

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
banaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:11:49 PM

Taobao (ebay)
Alipay   (paypal)
Tenpay (another paypal)
Yeepay (another paypal)

this is nothing new, we have already known about this since December 2013, Bitcoin exchangers in China already stopped Deposit/Withdraw from/to 3rd party payment processors and switched funding methods to "China bank account transfers" two months ago

So the only question is, can traders deposit / withdraw money CNY from / to Chinese bitcoin exchangers through China bank account transfers?

could you provide any sources to back your point?
fonzie

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:49:21 PM

Taobao (ebay)
Alipay   (paypal)
Tenpay (another paypal)
Yeepay (another paypal)

This just came in:

“They also said that Banks could not perform withdraws for the purpose of Bitcoin purchases, [...] that sent a chill through the bitcoin ecosystem”.

Malcom: “So that’s the current state in china – you’re not allowed to use 3rd party payment provider, you’re not allowed to deposit money into your Bank account for Bitcoin.”

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:52:15 PM

When it is proven that someone has spread false information intentionally, there should be a scammer tag applied.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
banaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:52:59 PM

Taobao (ebay)
Alipay   (paypal)
Tenpay (another paypal)
Yeepay (another paypal)

This just came in:

“They also said that Banks could not perform withdraws for the purpose of Bitcoin purchases, [...] that sent a chill through the bitcoin ecosystem”.

Malcom: “So that’s the current state in china – you’re not allowed to use 3rd party payment provider, you’re not allowed to deposit money into your Bank account for Bitcoin.”

i think this is FUD
fonzie

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:54:23 PM

It´s nice that you think i´m spamming and FUD. As a bear i´m used to be insulted, so it´s okay.
But this came just in from the North American Bitcoin Conference that is happening right now.

http://coinchomp.com/2014/01/26/live-blog-north-american-bitcoin-conference-day-2/

yomofo

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:04:23 PM

http://imgur.com/c6NANbM  (screenshot)

http://www.linkedin.com/in/malcolmcasselle   (profile of speaker at Miami bitcoin conference 1/26/14)

fonzie

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:06:50 PM

When it is proven that someone has spread false information intentionally, there should be a scammer tag applied.

It´s okay if you want to apologize for calling me a scammer?

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 09:10:41 PM

uh, uh, uh, look who's mad! Grin
banaltcoin (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:16:25 PM

http://www.linkedin.com/in/malcolmcasselle   (profile of speaker at Miami bitcoin conference 1/26/14)

is Eric turner a China bitcoin business insider? did he show any official documents to prove what he said?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:17:54 PM

It´s nice that you think i´m spamming and FUD. As a bear i´m used to be insulted, so it´s okay.
But this came just in from the North American Bitcoin Conference that is happening right now.

http://coinchomp.com/2014/01/26/live-blog-north-american-bitcoin-conference-day-2/

This has cost me money!

Or rather getting involved in emotional arguments with tons of posters attacking me for simply stating that I think the price is going down, has clouded my judgement and cost me money.

First time I encountered it, was with Piramida. Someone who bought in on the July 2011 low at $2, telling someone who had been trading since the Nov $700, and had bought a big load of coins at over $1000, that he should hold or cry when he buys back in at $1300. But this sort of shite is just par for the course around here. In the end, I never listened to him, sold at a loss, and bought back in at $640 on average, selling at $880 on average.

Since then I have been ultra hyperphobic against bulltards giving advice or dishing out ridicule on this forum. When you end up supporting a price direction in order to get one up on some bulltard who has been dishing out shite on a forum, it clouds the judgement and cost's me money!

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
fonzie

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:18:27 PM

Editor and Co-founder  CoinChomp

yomofo

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:18:32 PM

is Eric turner a China bitcoin business insider? did he show any official documents to prove what he said?

Eric Turner is only covering and doing live tweeting at the miami bitcoin conference.  He's quoting Malcom Casselle.

this is eric's blog http://coinchomp.com/

yomofo

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:19:59 PM

Since then I have been ultra hyperphobic against bulltards giving advice or dishing out ridicule on this forum. It clouds the judgement and cost's me money!

A fool and his money are soon parted.

fonzie

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:20:12 PM

Malcolm Casselle

CasSelle formerly served as director of Hong Kong-based Capital Union Investments, where he managed private direct investments into late-stage web companies.[4] He was also a top executive at Groupon’s joint venture with BTCinstant messaging and gaming giant Tencent.[5] He co-founded NetNoir, the first outside company to be accepted into the AOL Greenhouse Program,[6] and Pacific Century CyberWorks (PCCW), a Hong Kong-based telecommunications provider.[7]

aminorex
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1029

Sine secretum non libertas

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:21:24 PM

It´s okay if you want to apologize for calling me a scammer?

If you did not intentionally spread false information, then you were not qualifying yourself as a scammer by my criteria.  

I do apologize for creating an inference that I was calling you a scammer.  Hopefully no one made that inference, as it would be a fallacious inference.

If I believed that you were a scammer, I would have said so. I was certainly trending towards the opinion that you were a scammer:  
You must understand that if you exhibit the behaviours typical of scammers, it will create an inference.  Many people spread disinformative FUD.  If you convey information which is structurally similar to other instances, until it can be confirmed, it will be mistaken for disinformative FUD.

Give a man a fish and he eats for a day.  Give a man a Poisson distribution and he eats at random times independent of one another, at a constant known rate.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:21:55 PM

This has cost me money!

Or rather getting involved in emotional arguments with tons of posters attacking me for simply stating that I think the price is going down, has clouded my judgement and cost me money.

First time I encountered it, was with Piramida. Someone who bought in on the July 2011 low at $2, telling someone who had been trading since the Nov $700, and had bought a big load of coins at over $1000, that he should hold or cry when he buys back in at $1300. But this sort of shite is just par for the course around here. In the end, I never listened to him, sold at a loss, and bought back in at $640 on average, selling at $880 on average.

Since then I have been ultra hyperphobic against bulltards giving advice or dishing out ridicule on this forum. When you end up supporting a price direction in order to get one up on some bulltard who has been dishing out shite on a forum, it clouds the judgement and cost's me money!

Can confirm.  Always SHOTR bitcoin.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:22:30 PM

After January 31st, Chinese can no longer do anything related to bitcoins.
They can not withdraw money from Chinese exchanges. So the bitcoins they have on Chinese exchanges, are ''dead''. They can not trade those bitcoins in for real money, or withdraw that money. It's like that money doesn't exist anymore.

They can not make deposits anymore, and they can not withdraw money from their bank accounts to purchase bitcoins (online or offline).

I will try to explain it better:

- If you live in China and you have 10 bitcoins in your account, those bitcoins could be worth $10 or $1,000,000. It doesn't matter how much they are worth after January 31st. You will never be able to get that money into China. Chinese banks will not process any transactions from/to bitcoin exchanges. You can try to work around it, but questions will be asked and they will find out how you got that money. Nobody in China just makes 1 million dollars.

So after January 31st, you don't want to have bitcoins in China. In China, they can not spend their bitcoins, or trade them in for money.

And most bitcoins are in China, so they WILL BE DUMPED.

Chinese are gamblers. Everyone is saying ''if they wanted to dump, they would have done it already.''

They just don't understand the Chinese. They have until January 31st to withdraw their money. And the big bag holders will try to push up the price a little bit more. By waiting, they are creating trust in the West. Everyone will think ''If they wanted to dump, they would have done it already.'' So nobody is expecting a crash, and they are buying more bitcoins because the price is ''so stable''. The price goes up a little bit more, and then, when everyone is sleeping: BAM!

DUMP DUMP DUMP, BITCOIN PRICE PLUMMET, PANIC PANIC PANIC, BITCOIN DOWN TO $100 USD, PEOPLE CRYING, COMMITTING SUICIDE.
NEGATIVE BITCOIN NEWS ALL OVER THE PLACE

CNN HEADLINE: ''OH JOLLY, BITCOIN DID IT AGAIN!''
BBC HEADLINE: ''THE JAPANESE WOULD BE JEALOUS, MASS SUICIDE IN NEW YORK CITY!''

The bitcoin propaganda is going to get you if you listen to the liars who want you to hold & buy. Most of the people who are preaching ''hodl'' will sell before you do Smiley.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: