Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 09:32:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox?  (Read 1581 times)
Interized (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Coolness: ∞

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:13:51 PM

What is going on? They always have a crazy higher BTC price vs other exchanges and it seems to have stayed this way for a very long time.

Gold isn't the answer.
banaltcoin

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:16:58 PM

What is going on? They always have a crazy higher BTC price vs other exchanges and it seems to have stayed this way for a very long time.

nothing wrong, mtgox at $990, bitstamp at $822, mtgox has bank withdrawal problem, so the price is higher than others
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:19:43 PM

Price may as well be $2,000 per btc, if no one can get money off of the site, than it is in essence monopoly money
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:26:24 PM

Mt.gox is also higher because it requires I.D verification so it isn't open to the manipulation like on other exchanges.There's a reason why it is the defacto go to price for the Blockchain and the people playing Pump and Dump games stay off of it.They don't want to be easily identified because some day they might face criminal charges for what they are Doing! so they stay away from gox an aren't able to manipulate it quite that easily like say BTc-e......

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
CoinsterEx

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:37:40 PM

Mtgox pumps the price of bitcoin itself. Rumor has it that they also double spent in the last couple of months. The price of 950+ $ might look tempting, but please don't fall to that. They require verification for withdraws. There verification period is claimed to be 20 days, but this is not the case, they have been verifying my account for more than a month now. My money is stuck in there and I can't do anything, and I am sure that thousands are in the same boat.

I advise you to use other more trustworthy exchanges like bitstamp, coin base. Btc-e is also another little bit sketchy exchange. But is did not double spend and it seems to work fine.

I also recommend you to stay tuned for my own exchange that is being made by my company called coinster. The exchange is going to be accessible at coinster.co

We have been raising money to start the project and we are able to start the development on the following Monday. This is going to be a major project and our aim is to develop the ultimate exchange that combines the features of multiple exchanges. The development is estimated to take a month. We are hoping to release beta in March.

Until then I suggest you to use bitstamp or coinbase.

I hope I could answer your question
BreathOfZen

Activity: 140

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:41:42 PM

Mt.gox is also higher because it requires I.D verification so it isn't open to the manipulation like on other exchanges.There's a reason why it is the defacto go to price for the Blockchain and the people playing Pump and Dump games stay off of it.They don't want to be easily identified because some day they might face criminal charges for what they are Doing! so they stay away from gox an aren't able to manipulate it quite that easily like say BTc-e......

I've been seeing a lot of pro-Gox posts like this coming from new posters over the last two days.  Where is this sudden desire to defend MtGox coming from?

Aoeui Artifacts
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 08:50:29 PM

The price is inflated on Mt Gox because people cant withdraw their money, therefore there is no selling interest because you cant do anything with the money once selling it in most cases.

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:12:43 PM

Rumor has it that they also double spent in the last couple of months.

AIUI the apparent double spends were pay-to-self transactions used to invalidate a transaction that for some reason never made it to the blockchain in a timely manner.  So they resent those same coins back to themselves (the 'pay-to-self' transaction) and then made a new withdrawal transaction.

TL;DR The whole apparent double spend scare turned out to be nothing to worry about.
thejewelrytech

Activity: 122

I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:38:51 PM

I'm not defending gox i'm just stating facts! the only reason Bitcoin is so cheap on exchanges is due to manipuation of fake buy walls to keep the price of BTC Down! you don't believe me ? just watch as btC rise you will see those Huge 50+ bitcoin sell orders  disappear because these people don't want to really sell just make you Sell your bitcoin for Less!! Anyone who wants to sell BTC for U.S dollars should have no business really  with bitcoin period since the whole point of Bitcoin is to Break away from the U.S dollar!
 But people will be in for a rude awakening because once you sell your Bitcoin for dollars you lose the anonymity that bTC has provided and then you open yourself up To be taxed by the government  this is why it is Hard to get Money back in the States as it falls under taxation and money laundering!! Exchanges should be only used to BUY!and yes once you Sell anything for U.S dollars you will be Liable The government will Tax you for Everything and Anything to do with a U.S dollar .Anyone think the government s just going to roll over let people make Money and not get taxed the joke is going to be on Them!
 That's why you trade things for bitcoin and the government can't touch you because you never touched a Dollar!

Your either part of THE SOLUTION?Or your part of THE PROBLEM!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:53:05 AM

No idea, is something wrong with Gox? This is news to me. I'll withdraw all my money immediately.
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 06:10:21 AM

Read this thread: MtGox withdrawal delays [Gathering].

And read the other recent Mt. Gox threads in Service Discussion. Mt. Gox appears to be collapsing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: