Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:40:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A House vs Apartment vs Land vs Hotel Room  (Read 918 times)
acs267 (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:24:52 PM

Just wondering if you guys would rather have a house, apartment, land, or a hotel room.

I would personally go with land. It just draws me to it, and I love the great outdoors. The rivers, lakes, forests, and wildlife on land is something I would give up my house for. I would rather enjoy clean air, and clean water.

So post whatever you'd like to have.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 10:09:09 PM

Just wondering if you guys would rather have a house, apartment, land, or a hotel room.

I would personally go with land. It just draws me to it, and I love the great outdoors. The rivers, lakes, forests, and wildlife on land is something I would give up my house for. I would rather enjoy clean air, and clean water.

http://www.phantomranch.org/welcome.htm

Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:16:00 PM

It's a big house for me! With a hot tub in the back garden Smiley
acs267 (OP)

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:16:33 PM

http://www.phantomranch.org/welcome.htm

Made me virtually lol. I would probably still live there though. A lurker of the Internet can totally takes days without Internet, or video games.

And everybody loves creepy hermits in the woods.
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 10:30:55 PM

A cabin in a pine-wood forest, so it's land I guess? It has to be a place with four seasons; warm summers and winters with tons of snow. You will see me fishing by the river or exploring the woods.
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:49:52 PM

what about a houseboat?

chaff

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 11:55:40 PM

Has anyone from these forums ever lived on a houseboat? I'd seriously like to know what its like (without me having to actually look up anything or something like that).
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:00:39 AM

If you travel the world then hotels can be a very nice way to get around.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:16:28 AM

I`d probably get land as well.

Making sure and hire some person tell me theres oil in my land.

Then hit up some oil companies, to get a check for using it.

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:48:52 AM

A self sustained house with a nice view, or something like this:

Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:47:10 AM

how about a house in a piece of land Grin.

Gator-hex

Activity: 490

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:03:54 AM

Bought both my house and the land it sits on so I can pass it on to my descendants.

In the UK we have something called freehold and leasehold.

It's kind of a scam the rich have, if you don't own the freehold (your land), your house passes back to the land owner when the leasehold runs out.

Not many people who by houses here know that!

RebelWorm

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:21:29 PM

how about a house in a piece of land Grin.
Exactly my thought haha! Cheesy
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:24:19 PM

Bought both my house and the land it sits on so I can pass it on to my descendants.

In the UK we have something called freehold and leasehold.

It's kind of a scam the rich have, if you don't own the freehold (your land), your house passes back to the land owner when the leasehold runs out.

Not many people who by houses here know that!

I'm looking to buy a house later this year and this was something I'd never heard of, although having looked into it, you pay a ground rent of about 50p a year in some cases. I guess the problem comes when the land isn't bought.
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:44:38 PM

In all honesty, at this point in my life, I'd probably take a nice condo in a city that I love.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 03:12:02 PM

I'll be happy any day with a house and a plot of land, the trouble is depending on where you want to live that isn't realistic, our planet is way too crowded.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:00:19 PM

I'll be happy any day with a house and a plot of land, the trouble is depending on where you want to live that isn't realistic, our planet is way too crowded.

I would want a piece a land far from cities which could reduce the amount of population around you.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
RebelWorm

Activity: 105

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:05:28 AM

I want a good boat. Then I can live on the seas, go wherever I want with my house and never have to care about overpopulation myself! Cheesy
Frost000

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:11:44 PM

I want a good boat. Then I can live on the seas, go wherever I want with my house and never have to care about overpopulation myself! Cheesy

They say that the two happiest days for a boat owner are when he buys his boat and when he re-sells it. Cheesy

It'd be cool to have a low-maintenance super yacht, though I doubt there is such a thing.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:52:03 PM

They say that the two happiest days for a boat owner are when he buys his boat and when he re-sells it. Cheesy

It'd be cool to have a low-maintenance super yacht, though I doubt there is such a thing.
This doesn't look like high maintenance thing. They aren't too expensive as well.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: