Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:08:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have OKPay ripped you off?  (Read 1624 times)
bill_d (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:28:46 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 09:56:37 PM by bill_d

On the 11th of this month I made an INSTANT deposit of £5000 from my bank account to Voice Commerce Ltd., who were at that time the payment processor for OKPay GBP deposits, though they have changed bank accounts since. I was able to do this as my bank is a subsidiary of the same bank used by Voice Commerce, HSBC. My bank confirm that the deposit was successful but OKPay deny they have received it, which is simply a lie.

I really wish I'd had a look through these forums before I sent them my money as it seems I am not alone in this experience. I am going to enlist the help of my bank in recovering the funds but I don't have a lot of confidence that that will be successful. OKPay have now changed bank accounts as mentioned and while Mayzus Financial Services is still named on the OKPay website as providing their financial services, I am not sure that the connection to Voice Commerce (who actually took my money) is still in place, which leaves me... well... confused!

I am asking anyone who has had a similar experience with OKPay to contact me - either post here or message me. Initially I would like to take as much information from people who have been ripped off as possible up to Mayzus's offices in London to see if I can get anyone to talk to me about it. Longer term I am hoping to gain enough evidence to interest the FSA and the Metropolitan Police in a visit also and to take a look at Voice Commerce Ltd too. Both are UK limited companies so hopefully there will be someone we can actually hold to account for their thefts.

So please, if you have any information related to OKPay, Mayzus or Voice Commerce and the theft of deposits then please get in touch - you never know, we might even get our money back!

As a matter of interest to the community at large, Mayzus also provide financial services to BTC-e - you have been warned...
bill_d (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 04:21:18 PM

UPDATE: my bank got my money back today - yaaaaaay!!! They contacted Voice Commerce Ltd who received the payment originally and the refund was pretty quick actually. Since I first made payment, OKPay have changed their processor for GBP deposits and apparently the people at Voice Commerce said they had had a lot of problems with OKPay and had terminated the partnership. If you are still waiting for your money it might be worth contacting Voice Commerce directly ( http://www.voicecommercegroup.com/ ) as they may have your funds just sitting there. Or perhaps you paid to a different bank, in which case you should contact them - maybe there have been similar problems.

So I don't really know if this was an attempt at a scam or whether OKPay are just incompetent. Either way, DO NOT USE THEM
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 08:51:02 AM

Enjoy having the money back.  Grin

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:57:27 AM

UPDATE: my bank got my money back today - yaaaaaay!!!

Glad to hear that.  Cheesy
Smileyftw

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:21:37 AM

they are probably incompetent anyways that's a nice alternative to use "voicecommercegroup"
Sonny

Activity: 868

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 01:13:48 PM

they are probably incompetent anyways that's a nice alternative to use "voicecommercegroup"

voicecommercegroup?
I have never heard of it.

How reliable is it and which exchange works with it?
bill_d (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 11:54:55 PM

Voice Commerce 'were' the company processing GBP payments for OKPay. So to make a deposit to OKPay, I pay my GBP to a Voice Commerce account managed by OKPay. Then I think OKPay wire money out of that to their own bank and then input it to their system and make it available to me as an OKPay balance. The problem with my deposit I think was that OKPay were in the process of closing their Voice Commerce account and switching to a Deutsche Bank account, so my money got as far as Voice Commerce then just stopped! The problem was that they simply gave no information about this at all at the time and I just panicked and assumed they ripped me off...
Rinndaranaur

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2014, 08:06:53 AM

OKPay are just incompetent. The best desicion is not to use them!
guiltmanager

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Like making new friends!

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:22:22 AM

have you considered contacting the financial ombudsman service
www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk
if ok pay's financial services partners have offices in the UK, then hopefully they should be covered, though not sure, as I don't think OK pay is in the uk, but definitely worth contacting the FOS. if Ok Pay isn't within their remit they should be able to advise you which ombudsman in which country it comes under.

if they are in germany, then I think they have pretty good banking regulations and hopefully have an ombudsman. scammers or incompetent, it doesn't matter, you should make a complaint about the distress they caused you and request compensation!! in the UK, using the financial ombudsman is always free for the consumer, not sure about other ombudsmans in other countries

Yours Sincerely,
Craig Mcgee,

Guilt Manager,
Guilt Management Services International.

Bitrated user: guiltmanager.
Graphics

Activity: 387
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 04:12:37 AM

You should have really researched more before you wasted that £5000.... Thankfully you got your money back.

But now you've learned a lesson. Research before you invest in something especially when it relates to digital currency processors that sounds dodgy, such as SolidTrustPay, PM, OKPay and other digital currencies.

Take care and make sure you don't get ripped off next time.
OtaconX

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:35:28 PM

Has anyone funded okpay account by a bank transfer since they become a EU regulated company? Is it cheaper/faster?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: