Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:15:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I just increased the value of your coins.  (Read 4713 times)
JA37 (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:16:22 PM

Congratulations. I just destroyed my bitcoin stash of about 30 coins due to a brainfart. I transfered my coins to a wallet on another computer and before the backup had a chance to run on that machine I reformatted the drive, destroying my coins.
I hope the value of your coins go up, and I'm officially out of the bitcoin world. It was fun while it lasted.

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
being

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:20:22 PM

there's still a chance to get them back, if you didn't write anything to the sectors the wallet.dat was at... there's a guide somewhere also. try searching the forum
niko

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:21:56 PM

Congratulations. I just destroyed my bitcoin stash of about 30 coins due to a brainfart. I transfered my coins to a wallet on another computer and before the backup had a chance to run on that machine I reformatted the drive, destroying my coins.
I hope the value of your coins go up, and I'm officially out of the bitcoin world. It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks. This explains the exchange rates today.

They're there, in their room.
Your mining rig is on fire, yet you're very calm.
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:22:28 PM

sucks to be you, but thanks

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 05:23:26 PM

try "hirens boot cd" there are several tools which can be quite useful.
memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:23:44 PM

there's still a chance to get them back, if you didn't write anything to the sectors the wallet.dat was at... there's a guide somewhere also. try searching the forum

Yeah, theoretically you only need to recover 32 bytes.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 05:25:43 PM

I'm pretty sure people like you are already priced in, thanks anyway.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:33:02 PM

So you're "officially out of the bitcoin world" because you lost $180 of wealth?  You've posted almost 500 posts... isn't that a bigger investment?
DiaperedDynamo

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 05:34:21 PM

Yeah, you should go buy coins on MtGOX and push the price up for the people smart enough to get out.
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:11:59 PM

This.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=25091.0

Exonumia

Activity: 189
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 08:23:02 PM

I transfered my coins to a wallet on another computer and before the backup had a chance to run on that machine I reformatted the drive, destroying my coins.

pull the wallet.dat from an older backup of that machine (even one before the transfer occurred)

Shinobi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 10:15:22 PM

Perhaps it was the realization Bitcoins are far too easily lost, far more so than paper money.

So you're "officially out of the bitcoin world" because you lost $180 of wealth?  You've posted almost 500 posts... isn't that a bigger investment?

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 10:17:47 PM

Perhaps it was the realization Bitcoins are far too easily lost, far more so than paper money.

Yes, with the advantage of being able to send money instantaneously from Alaska to Singapore with no fee and no middle-man comes the oppressive responsibility of backing up one's wallet.
yunk3r

Activity: 133

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 10:34:15 PM

I know how you feel. I lost 50btc in a similar incident. It doesn't mean you have to leave the community. 
Shinobi

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 11:27:10 PM

If it was such a no-brainer, Bitcoin wouldn't still be relegated to the margins. Its utility vs. current usability is far overstated. Don't kid yourself.

Yes, with the advantage of being able to send money instantaneously from Alaska to Singapore with no fee and no middle-man comes the oppressive responsibility of backing up one's wallet.

_______
Thinking of using a cheap, yet reliable VPN? Go with PrivateInternetAccess. Not a referral link. Just a satisfied customer!
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 11, 2011, 11:31:31 PM

If it was such a no-brainer, Bitcoin wouldn't still be relegated to the margins. Its utility vs. current usability is far overstated. Don't kid yourself.

do you have any clue as to what you're shilling?  if you're so against the concept why do you WASTE SO MUCH TIME HERE!?  are you that worthless or are they paying that much?

i've worked with bit coin thru and thru and can attest firsthand to all the claims made here about its efficiency and utility.
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 12:23:46 AM

Don't confuse short-term and long-term. Current usability is mediocre, agreed. Make an attempt to see the future, Shinobi. The first automobile was considered a silly, expensive toy for the rich. Many problems. Many glitches. Many undue accidents and unrefined systems. Totally silly to imagine that private industry might figure out how to harness the potential and fix the problems.
pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 01:07:21 AM

If you didn't format using dban or of some sort, you could have/could recover them with recuva http://www.piriform.com/recuva
FreeMonies

Activity: 14

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 05:34:42 AM

While this is good news for the immediate future, its stuff like this that makes my skin boil. Bitcoins are kind of like Elves. They rarely come into being, there's a finite number of them and each loss is a tragedy!  Angry
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4312
Merit: 3506

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
September 12, 2011, 10:45:26 AM

Don't confuse short-term and long-term. Current usability is mediocre, agreed. Make an attempt to see the future, Shinobi. The first automobile was considered a silly, expensive toy for the rich.

also the 1st land line phones were considers a fad for the rich that would go nowhere. everyone was like, "just who you gonna call, anyway??? hardly anyone else has em."

course bitcoins may not ever get that popular (or even a small percent of that, or just fail anyway), but without someone giving it a shot and hanging in there through the tough times it has no chance at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: