Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:39:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin been a bit boring last 3 weeks, do you think it will dip or shoot up ?  (Read 1684 times)
BitcoinSteve (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:25:48 AM

Especially after chinese new years on 1-31?//Thoughts?

DRK: XtijFQdCcPpKXmtjKF4xdpy6vCvJTymfzw

BTC: 1LbPHiUfegA3Xjfg4YJkJqLNpaRWDcRPay
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3245

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:28:45 AM

Perhaps it will remain boring. That would be awesome.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
5thStreetResearch

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 01:29:14 AM

boring is good for the time being

qiwoman

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:31:44 AM

Life in the Bitcoin Community is everything but boring at the moment. So many #bitcoin startups are sprouting all over the place and it is going more and more mainstream day by day. It will only get better and better over the coming year. I see this coming year as being the tipping point for Bitcoin Prices to surge. Of course early adopters and speculators have had some good piece of the pie but now as more and more businesses are sprouting a new wave of wealth will be created for investors and the general public if they come on board. Smiley
btbrae

Activity: 680
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:48:35 AM

Calm before the storm...
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:27:18 AM

Calm before the storm...

Haha I've kind of wondered the same thing...... "hey guys, it's waaaay too quiet in here!"

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
BTCisthefuture

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:29:03 AM

Stability would be a much welcomed thing.... except of course for people who speculate and are trying to make money/get rich off of big day to day swings in value.

Outside of the price though the last few weeks have been very exciting for the world of bitcoin.  Lot of interesting news coming out about new services, companies accepting or thinking about accepting bitcoin,  legal hearings ,  bitcoin conferences (miami right now) , etc etc.

In response to the chinese new years question... I've had a theory for awhile that after Chinese New Years you might see a spike in bitcoin purchases due to the amount of extra spending money many people will have obtained through red enevelopes.  Although theres no way to prove a connection I remember the price of bitocin going up the day after Christmas as well.  It would make some sense after holidays where a lot of people get money as gifts, the number of people making bitcoin purchases goes up quite a bit.  Of course trying to predict things like this is quite insane when it comes to bitcoin, but it doesn't stop me from pretending like I know what I'm talking about Smiley.

BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:35:34 AM

Stability would be a much welcomed thing.... except of course for people who speculate and are trying to make money/get rich off of big day to day swings in value.

I believe Bitcoin will transition from a high / low swinging entity to a gradually rising, rising, rising entity. This would be the best thing.

In response to the chinese new years question... I've had a theory for awhile that after Chinese New Years you might see a spike in bitcoin purchases

China gave until January 31 for everyone to get out of Bitcoin by that date.  That's why the date is relevant.  Most are expecting the price to be adversely affected by this.  Feb 1 forward is Bitcoin without China, and possibly the beginning of the next rise.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
BTCisthefuture

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:44:23 AM

I believe Bitcoin will transition from a high / low swinging entity to a gradually rising, rising, rising entity. This would be the best thing.

In response to the chinese new years question... I've had a theory for awhile that after Chinese New Years you might see a spike in bitcoin purchases

China gave until January 31 for everyone to get out of Bitcoin by that date.  That's why the date is relevant.  Most are expecting the price to be adversely affected by this.  Feb 1 forward is Bitcoin without China, and possibly the beginning of the next rise.

1)  I agree,  if adoption continues and improvements are continued to be  made bitcoin should eventually stable out some day while still rising at a more steady rate due to it being a finite source.

2) I've seen a lot of posts on here of people talking about no more bitcoin in China on Jan. 31st or people unable to take money out of exchanges.  But I haven't seen any such fears going on in China itself (I'm in China at the moment).   I think there's a lot of confusion and misinterpretation about this from people outside of China who don't read Chinese and or are misunderstanding things.  Even a quick look on the Chinese section of this website doesn't show people panicking or talking about it much.   I've been wrong before in the past but I really believe quite a few people on here have misread or are misunderstanding something about China.

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:53:18 AM

so rise or fall?

EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:00:10 AM

so rise or fall?
It's to early for stabilization. It will rise, not sure how much, but certainly above $1000 again (not talking about Gox price but the average) like it did a month ago.

BitcoinSteve (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:16:11 AM

so rise or fall?
It's to early for stabilization. It will rise, not sure how much, but certainly above $1000 again (not talking about Gox price but the average) like it did a month ago.

When I look to sell on coinbase it gives me bitstamp low prices, advise?

BTCisthefuture

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:07:56 AM

so rise or fall?

When I look to sell on coinbase it gives me bitstamp low prices, advise?

You can always send coins to another exchange with higher prices and sell on there, but also the wait times to get your money will often be a lot longer.  In the case of gox you may not even receive your money depending on where you live, I've heard of people sitting around for months after withdrawing with no updates..... that of course is a big reason why gox prices are so much higher than everywhere else, because people can't get their money out so theres not as much selling of bitcoins taking place.

imo places like bitstamp and coinbase are more accurate values of bitcoin. Gox prices are simply a side effect of peoples inability to get their money/bitcoins out.

frank754

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:22:20 PM

I finally got approved on MtGox after a 3 week wait, I don't think I will use it though, as when setting up a payout to my checking account it says it will go out by "international transfer" and may take a month. Not too encouraging. Looking at the current average price on MTGox, it's at $944. On the other hand, I actually do have about 1 BTC on Coinbase, but it's dipped so much lately that it currently shows the buy price at $759. Not selling any time soon, as that's not much more than I paid a few weeks ago.
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:23:41 PM

Well... that boring stretch didn't last very long... did it?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
nairb131

Activity: 365
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:36:56 PM

Well... that boring stretch didn't last very long... did it?

That is exactly what I was just thinking.

In all honesty I want it to be stable for a while before it rises. I think that will help the market gain some traction with the public and more businesses.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:40:55 PM

I think it will be decreasing soon but come the end of the year we will see some new highs hopefully.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
Quiksilver

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:42:25 AM

I expect it to fluctuate massively in the coming months between 700-1100USD
theonewhowaskazu

Activity: 448

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:09:35 AM

I expect it to fluctuate massively in the coming months between 700-1100USD

I think it could easily see as low as $500 on Bitstamp, and as high as $1300 on Gox.

thecoinjournal

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:18:02 AM

It's a paradox, being boring will bring more people to build apps for Bitcoin, and more and more apps will make it not boring anymore.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: