Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 04:53:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you look at ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO website when you invest?  (Read 414 times)
AirFlame

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:46:33 PM

They're getting paid! If I can get my ICO listed higher the more I pay, I can't trust them to be honest on other ICO's. They are not anyway, I learned about their pricing some time ago but I forgot but be sure, they get you listed higher the more you pay.
thomas26

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:05:48 AM

ICO rating websites can just give an overview the idea of the project, but one should not depend only on it even if the rating is 4+. Self-research should be done and should exactly focus on the problem & solution it provides and then use your own mind will it benefit the community or not in near future. Regarding investment, every investment where the talk of money comes is not 100% safe there are risks that you should calculate, the project might fail due to unfortunate events that lead to loss of your money.
caotringhia

Activity: 277

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:08:58 AM

Yes, that is also a factor to decide on ICO investment. It's just a different assessment, but I still refer to more documentation on the project and investmen
benjamin11

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:16:42 AM

Yes you can do that. In fact you should do that before investing in an ICO. There are a lot of factors and thats one of them. It gives you an overview of the ICO or the project. You can also compare different projects and make decisions afterwards. Just remember, its not all about the ratings. You have study and analyze it carefully before making an investment.
Jasper Dudong

Activity: 90
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:19:44 AM

Yes I do but it will not be my basis on making the investment overall. A thorough review and research to the ICO must I need to answer all my questions to invest. And I don't a huge amount on my ICO investments.
loraalbert

Activity: 184

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:27:57 AM

Yes, after verifying the whitepaper, roadmap, ideas ... I usually refer to that ico review from a few sites like coingecko, icobench, trackico. It is still a way to test the quality and utility of the ico project. Although, it can not restrict the scam projects but to ensure the quality of your investment. Be careful and take the time to consult before making a decision.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 06:58:35 AM

How can we make sure that the investment we use can surely gives us a true profit in an ICO? As an investors we want to make sure that we can surely gain profit on an ICO that we want to invest. Do you look at the ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO website when you plan to invest?

I understand clearly that all those ratings on websites especially on unknown websites such statistics can be just imagined by people that are interested in collecting money through certain ICO projects.
seek4dream

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:08:46 AM

Yes. I check ICO ratings from the rating of the ICO websites before getting deeper into it.
ICO websites are good for reference purpose. You still need to do your own research.
maro101

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:17:11 AM

When investing in the ico stage, I study the project myself, the team and white paper, I also look at the ratings, but the ico ratings do not give any guarantee that the project will not be scam. Ico is always a big risk.
modmalaney

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:24:12 AM

see clearly, however, not be a reference. a lot of people sometimes use it to choose always the ICO but the results are also sometimes not appropriate. though many of the successful but many were a little disappointed over what they follow. maybe better analyze yourself and give yourself points if an ICO worth for investment or not.
Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:29:39 AM

Yes of course, there are too many projects and we need some criteria to filter out projects. Personally I am looking at www.icoguide.com rates
gelinshidong

Activity: 459
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:28:22 AM

I think that rating agencies are only references and will not affect my judgment. Because I think that rating agencies are not true, they certainly have internal operations. So I don't believe in rating agencies.
Jonsnowstark

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:57:06 AM

There are a lot of things to look at before investing in an ico. Usually i check on:

1. The project itself. It matters that the ico has a viable project.
2. The whitepaper. It gives you the details about the ico. The time table. How long the preparation of the team before the icois launched.
3. The website. To know if the ico is legit, make sure it has a working website.
4. The people behind the ico. Its important to  know who is running the show. You can check linked in so you will know if these are real people or not.
5. Ratings. It is important that you check ratings because it only proves that the ico is something one can believe in. Many people gets attracted to icos with good ratings. It helps boost their image and popularity.

WhiteShum
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 04:33:57 AM

There are a lot of things to look at before investing in an ico. Usually i check on:

1. The project itself. It matters that the ico has a viable project.
2. The whitepaper. It gives you the details about the ico. The time table. How long the preparation of the team before the icois launched.
3. The website. To know if the ico is legit, make sure it has a working website.
4. The people behind the ico. Its important to  know who is running the show. You can check linked in so you will know if these are real people or not.
5. Ratings. It is important that you check ratings because it only proves that the ico is something one can believe in. Many people gets attracted to icos with good ratings. It helps boost their image and popularity.
At the moment I do not invest in ICO projects. But if I had invested, I certainly was guided by its rating in ICO trackers
krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 05:11:41 AM

Ratings alone are not enough for me to make investments, it is necessary to study the project well, to study the team members, to communicate with developers, and even sometimes intuition tells which project deserves our support. Ratings do not always reflect the full picture and most of them are made based on users and their opinions.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:21:14 AM

I do look at ICO ratings but that is NOT the only place where I look. After I select a coin, I ensure that I visit at least 3 different ICO rating websites so as to get views from each and every team.
Once that is done and I am convinced that the coin has some growth potential, I then begin my research by looking at the team, reading the whitepaper, going through the ANN, interacting with the team, evaluating company's long term goals and vision.
Once all of that is done, I make my investment choice.
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:27:00 AM

Yes, I usually used it for reference, but not as my main point decision, I prefer to read the whitepaper and check the developers team, I join their social media and the telegram to follow their roadmap and how they attract more investors, I prefer to see how they interact and how they solved the problem, rather than judge the ico from the website rating
Prodigan786

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 09, 2018, 05:58:41 AM

I was doing that before now I completely lost faith on the this because lots of ico website giving reviews for money . Even tokenpay announced in official Facebook account how these ico review sites are demanding money . But some times I check for reference even final d vision goes based on my preference.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:21:34 AM

Yes, of course you need to look at the ICO ratings, but they too may not be a 100% guarantee. Therefore, it is necessary to take into account a sufficiently large number of other criteria to invest in ICO.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2018, 06:31:22 AM

they just give the ICO only rating based on what is shown on the outside only. whether the result is unlike anything they would not know about it. so I guess the rating as it will not be a guarantee for the ICO can succeed. better believe it and analyze its own course because it will further add to the experience.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████