Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:14:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my sound hates me  (Read 415 times)
zneww (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:21:44 AM

So, i play bf4 as well as mine. I go to join ts yesterday, and it tells me my mic is disabled, didn't hear anything.

Long story short, MY SOUND WILL NOT WORK. Says it is plugged in and everything. No sound.

I have reformatted. I am not stupid, so i have troubleshot a lot. I cannot figure this shit out.

I have done everything I can think of and like nothing works.

Anyone have any insight?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:35:16 AM

1) Likely driver conflict. Uninstall all mic drivers and any software the manufacturer bundled with it. Download and install manufacturer's latest mic driver for your specific model. Make sure to restart PC after installing new driver. If no dice, uninstall the manu. driver you just installed, then download and install generic Windows mic driver, or generic driver for your mic manufacturer, if they exist.

2) If your mic uses an audio port instead of USB port, it is probably broken from being obsolete for over ten years.

3) Try running TS as admin.

4) Really, BF4 doesn't have native voice chat? What is this, 2005?

Addt'l info if unsolved:
1) In Sound options for doze, when you click on recording devices, you have your mic set as default device and you can "see" your voice when you talk, yes?
2) Specific make & model of mic, drivers used?
zneww (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:39:14 AM

1) Likely driver conflict. Uninstall all mic drivers and any software the manufacturer bundled with it. Install manufacturer's mic driver for your specific model. Make sure to restart PC after installing new driver. If no dice, download generic Windows mic driver, or generic driver for your mic manufacturer, or possibly even a generic USB mic driver for Windows if one exists.

2) If your mic uses an audio port instead of USB port, it is probably broken from being obsolete for over ten years.

Addt'l info if unsolved:
1) In Sound options for doze, when you click on recording devices, you have your mic set as default device and you can "see" your voice when you talk, yes?

Shit, sorry for the mix up, but none of my sound works. Not just my mic. No sound work. It says its playing but it never comes out the headset. I have tried other speakers, the back ports, everything.
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:02:27 AM

well apparently there's something wrong  Huh what kind of console do you play it?

zneww (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:09:45 AM

well apparently there's something wrong  Huh what kind of console do you play it?

pc bro..thats why this sucks
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:11:08 AM

1) Likely driver conflict. Uninstall all mic drivers and any software the manufacturer bundled with it. Install manufacturer's mic driver for your specific model. Make sure to restart PC after installing new driver. If no dice, download generic Windows mic driver, or generic driver for your mic manufacturer, or possibly even a generic USB mic driver for Windows if one exists.

Addt'l info if unsolved:

Shit, sorry for the mix up, but none of my sound works. Not just my mic. No sound work. It says its playing but it never comes out the headset. I have tried other speakers, the back ports, everything.
Oh, then do all the driver stuff for the soundcard instead of the mic. If no dice, the on-board sound card may've fried, soldering broke off, or something else hardware-related. I have a fancy old dedicated PCI-slot soundcard taking up space somewhere in the garage I can send you for postage price. Was working five years ago - no clue, now.

If you're using manufacturer drivers with software, when you plug something into an audio jack, do you get a little popup saying you plugged something into an audio jack?
zneww (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:17:35 AM

Addt'l info if unsolved:

Oh, then do all the driver stuff for the soundcard instead of the mic. If no dice, the on-board sound card may've fried, soldering broke off, or something else hardware-related. I have a fancy old dedicated PCI-slot soundcard taking up space somewhere in the garage I can send you for postage price. Was working five years ago - no clue, now.

If you're using manufacturer drivers with software, when you plug something into an audio jack, do you get a little popup saying you plugged something into an audio jack?

Yeah I have done like everything so that is all I can think of..just so randomly though. Didn't even restart. I think I might buy a usb sound card from a store nearby and see if that works. if not i think i have a pci slot sound card from back in the day ahaha, i would take you up on your offer, but my case is gunna be full if I add a pci card and that would be a lot of heat.
Haidang1796

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:25:36 AM

pc bro..thats why this sucks
Damn it must be hard  Undecided good luck to you  Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: