Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:28:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum / Smart contracts London meetup this Wednesday 29th!!!  (Read 1539 times)
Ursium (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 02:40:19 AM

Wednesday, January 29, 2014
7:00 PM

99 Fleet Street, London

Please RSVP! (if we go > 40 people I'll try to get the bar to completely leave the whole backroom available to us)
http://www.meetup.com/ethereum/events/160241152/

Ethereum is only a few months away and will let us design flexible, distributed smart agents and contracts as well as DACs. There are already platforms such as Open Transactions, BitShares or MasterCoin that support scripting of smart contracts so our discussions will not be limited to theory. 

Let's meet up and discuss practical implementations of:

• Smart contracts

• Smart properties

• Distributed auctions

• Distributed exchanges

• Financial Derivatives

• Assurance contracts

• Decentralised identity

• Reputation systems

• Decentralised lotteries

• ... Sky(net)'s the limit Smiley

You do not have to be a coder to attend. Finance backgrounds would be welcomed as the subtleties of bonds, futures, shorting etc is what will be tricky to model within DACs. It would be great to see some ideas become practical implementations, or at least pseudo code!

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:25:05 PM

Could someone summarize the results of this meeting? I would love to hear y'alls ideas!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:58:11 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 04:41:38 PM by FeedbackLoop

Does DAC stand for Distributed Autonomous Corporations?

Thanks!

jasonbow33

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 04:05:52 AM

Any video of the conference available?
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:19:08 AM

Ethereum love to make announcements and then disappear  Cool
FeedbackLoop

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 09:45:39 AM

Would you say they are a bit... ethereal?  Cool

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 11:40:46 AM

Would you say they are a bit... ethereal?  Cool

Damn - missed the chance for that pun - nice one  Cool
Ursium (OP)

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 02:06:35 PM

(sorry had to materialize myself out of ether, took longer than expected)

The meetup was very good, very good turnout. Punch tavern was not ready for us Smiley

Conversations ranged from understanding more about the project in general, all the way to hardcore tech convos with the most excellent Dr Gavin Wood, who was rocking a cool tshirt featuring a 5 line namecoin implementation.

I've posted a few pictures here:
http://www.meetup.com/ethereum/events/160241152/

I'm planning to reorganize one ASAP in a location where we can have a screen and skype in people working on projects from all around the world.
If you're working on something please PM me or add me on skype: stephan.tual.

Cheers!

Ethereum Twitter: @ethereumproject - Blog: blog.ethereum.org - Forum: forum.ethereum.org - Github: github.com/ethereum
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:22:08 PM

Could you clear one thing up for me - the involvement of Goldman Sachs in the project. In the youtube promotional video for Ethereum Charles said there were two GS employees working for Ethereum but then later denied GS had any involvement with the project.

Which is it? I'm not looking for conspiracy, just some clarification. thanks.
Ursium (OP)

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 03:35:49 PM

Could you clear one thing up for me - the involvement of Goldman Sachs in the project. In the youtube promotional video for Ethereum Charles said there were two GS employees working for Ethereum but then later denied GS had any involvement with the project.

Hello empoweoqwj Smiley

There's categorically no involvement whatsoever of Goldman Sachs in the project.

For the sake of clarity: If someone works/worked at Marlboro corp in the past and is contributing to an open source project, it doesn't make the project property of the Marlboro corporation Smiley

Cheers!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 06:12:38 AM

Hello empoweoqwj Smiley

There's categorically no involvement whatsoever of Goldman Sachs in the project.

For the sake of clarity: If someone works/worked at Marlboro corp in the past and is contributing to an open source project, it doesn't make the project property of the Marlboro corporation Smiley

Cheers!

Thanks. Charles in the video says (in context of people currently working at Ethereum) "people who work for Goldman Sachs off Wall St". Just to clarify, these people have now left Goldman Sachs and work full-time @ Ethereum? Appreciate if you could clear this up. tia.
Ursium (OP)

Ethereum

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 03:47:25 PM

Thanks. Charles in the video says (in context of people currently working at Ethereum) "people who work for Goldman Sachs off Wall St". Just to clarify, these people have now left Goldman Sachs and work full-time @ Ethereum? Appreciate if you could clear this up. tia.

From Vitalik himself:

What is Goldman Sachs involvement?
"We have two people on the current team who had at some point earlier worked at Goldman Sachs. That's it."

empoweoqwj

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:07:16 AM

From Vitalik himself:

What is Goldman Sachs involvement?
"We have two people on the current team who had at some point earlier worked at Goldman Sachs. That's it."

ok thanks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: