Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:25:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO]⚡ Metahash - cryptocurrency for decentralized apps⚡  (Read 63587 times)
N0XyJeamBeam

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 07:59:22 AM

What would happend if the global network is interrumped and split in two for, just to say, one hour. Lets suppouse half of the #MetaHash network stays in a half of the splitted internet and the other half in the other, with half of the #MetaHash cores each one.
One of the half's nodes will loose their reputation?

It's a very hard question. I can say we have spend over a month just discussing it ))
The network must understand it got split in 2 and notify users that multi-spend is possible that would be eliminated when the network rejoins.
thanks, and What would happend with votings? And common #mhc transactions?
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MetaHash

Activity: 1159
Merit: 19

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 08:22:18 AM

What would happend if the global network is interrumped and split in two for, just to say, one hour. Lets suppouse half of the #MetaHash network stays in a half of the splitted internet and the other half in the other, with half of the #MetaHash cores each one.

It's a very hard question. I can say we have spend over a month just discussing it ))
The network must understand it got split in 2 and notify users that multi-spend is possible that would be eliminated when the network rejoins.

Let's assume that we have 100 nodes without any #MHC votes that got disconnected. They would reorganize themself and become Masters/Ver/Peers and still work

The key to fight double spend is the revertion of double spend transactions so it brings no benefits to make them. And notification to receivers that the network is split and received transaction could be reverted
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 08:46:28 AM

Let's assume that we have 100 nodes without any #MHC votes that got disconnected. They would reorganize themself and become Masters/Ver/Peers and still work

The key to fight double spend is the revertion of double spend transactions so it brings no benefits to make them. And notification to receivers that the network is split and received transaction could be reverted

So, where should be an indicator of the Status of the network?
If the amount of nodes got down by a X% compared to the amount N minutes ago it's better to not send transacctions

Like a semaphore on the interface of the wallet
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 09:00:55 AM

If the amount of nodes got down by a X% compared to the amount N minutes ago it's better to not send transacctions

There will be a complex process of voting for a merger where a strongest network wins

So the weak part of the network will get an alert, that transactions work, but if you don't trust the sender you shouldn't provide him with services until the merge completes.
If a country blocks all channels and part of the network gets disconected from the main network
for a while untill satelite connection appers of some VPN channels
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:26:13 AM

There will be a complex process of voting for a merger where a strongest network wins

So the weak part of the network will get an alert, that transactions work, but if you don't trust the sender you shouldn't provide him with services until the merge completes.
If a country blocks all channels and part of the network gets disconected from the main network
What merge?
Between the events of a transaction a "revert" is one of them, something that a developer should consider
Right?
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 09:50:08 AM

What merge?
Between the events of a transaction a "revert" is one of them, something that a developer should consider
Right?

In bitcoin shortest chain gets lost and longest lives on
Merge is something simular to that
There are 2 VERY complex problems that hold us from releasing the source code and start full decentrilization that we'll work on with support of comunnity and bounty campaing for hackers

1. Merges
2. various attack vectors on the network

All transactions will be publicly available for download from bliock 1 and day 1 of the network
On our nodes, but everybody would be able to connect to them and download ALL transactions

All transactions will be signed by signatures and backups will be available from the very 1st transaction for everybody to verify them.
247mining (OP)

Activity: 161
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 09:57:16 AM

alexberezov

Activity: 462
Merit: 290

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:52:16 AM

I like that #MetaHash is decentralized. This allows anyone to add transaction nodes to the network #MetaHash
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 05:57:05 AM

Hi, devs. Please, answer on my question. When we will be able forging?
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:02:15 AM

hi! Forging will be ready for the 4th quarter. But most likely it will happen in the 3rd quarter. And you need to create MetaWallet in our app MetaGate to be able for forging.
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:27:38 AM

hi! Forging will be ready for the 4th quarter. But most likely it will happen in the 3rd quarter. And you need to create MetaWallet in our app MetaGate to be able for forging.
And so anyone can forge MHC who has the metagate wallet installed?
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 06:38:33 AM

Yes. We will update the function later on, where forging will be available to all including mobile devices and tablets but in future, there will be more possibilities. If the phone is switched off, the user will not be able to forge. It is required to have the app opened, via mobile device or via computer in order to forge #MHC.
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:49:01 AM

Yes. We will update the function later on, where forging will be available to all including mobile devices and tablets but in future, there will be more possibilities. If the phone is switched off, the user will not be able to forge. It is required to have the app opened, via mobile device or via computer in order to forge #MHC.
Ok. And why did y'all decide to go with ETH?
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 08:25:13 AM

Ok. And why did y'all decide to go with ETH?

Cryptocurrencies are practically connect to each other. If one falls, all the cryptos will fall. If it rises, all will rise. We have chosen ETH since believe in it the most.
247mining (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 10:02:45 AM

#MetaNews 10

Check out the fresh release of #MetaNews.
Here are the most significant
news from the blockchain world.
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:08:29 AM

I look you have updated your WP on site. I read something about nodes, but I still do not understand what nodes in the system will be used. Please, list them and then I'll figure it out myself  Wink
247mining (OP)

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:32:03 AM

Meanwhile, we're preparing another interesting news for you!
MetaHash

Join the ride!

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 11:34:11 AM

I look you have updated your WP on site. I read something about nodes, but I still do not understand what nodes in the system will be used. Please, list them and then I'll figure it out myself  Wink

Sure, no problem
we have 7 nodes roles in #MetaHash
1 Peer Node
2 Master CoreNodes & Slave CoreNodes
3 Blockchain Backup Nodes
4 Verification Nodes
5 Proxy Nodes
6 #MetaApps Nodes
7 Test Nodes
greg458

Activity: 336
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:44:47 AM

Do you have bounty programs?
N0XyJeamBeam

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 11:48:08 AM

Sure, no problem
we have 7 nodes roles in #MetaHash
1 Peer Node
2 Master CoreNodes & Slave CoreNodes
3 Blockchain Backup Nodes
4 Verification Nodes
5 Proxy Nodes
6 #MetaApps Nodes
7 Test Nodes
Thanks, and explain how works the peer node?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 72 »
  Print  

Jump to: