Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:55:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Huobi's volume is 2 times more as the other 16 exchanges combined!  (Read 1519 times)
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:37:59 AM

Huobi's volume is +/- twice as big as the other 16 exchanges combined!
Including all the other major exchanges + smaller ones!

Almost all the Chinese are trading at Huobi!

Volume:

96,000 of traded bitcoins located on Chinese exchanges (not taking into account the Chinese traders on non-Chinese exchanges!)
41,000 outside China

+/- 60% of bitcoins are located in China.

If China dumps, the price will crash HARD!

Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:54:59 AM

That's just stupid, you're stupid.

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:56:05 AM

+1

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:18:07 AM

it is the truth you moron

largest exchanges are there, they bought everything up last year

At some point even 80% of bitcoin trade was in China

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:30:34 AM

10k btc a day china has 96k

idiot
Apostata

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:33:04 AM

Huobi's volume is +/- twice as big as the other 16 exchanges combined!
Including all the other major exchanges + smaller ones!

Almost all the Chinese are trading at Huobi!

Volume:

96,000 of traded bitcoins located on Chinese exchanges (not taking into account the Chinese traders on non-Chinese exchanges!)
41,000 outside China

If China dumps, the price will crash HARD!

The only thing you have to consider is that the volume from Huobi doesn't mean that that is the number of bitcoins being traded.  Because they have 0 fees, the exchange is full of bots.  So what this means is essentially 1 bitcoin can be traded a billion times (or in this case 96,000 times).  Unfortunately, there is actually no way to tell just how many bitcoins are actually being traded.

Furthermore, Huobi traders can use leveraged trades - they offer margin trading at 2:1.  Finally, it has also been speculated that because of the 0 fees (and no way to make money except from the interest from margin trading), that it is likely that Huobi is trading on their own exchange.  I have witnessed firsthand someone "painting the tape" over there, in fact a user in China gave screenshots of exactly what I have seen, which are strange 0.001 BTC trades happening.  http://s34.photobucket.com/user/snowfox2002/library/0124?sort=9&page=1

I do agree completely, if/when (I believe when, not if) Huobi get shut down, the effect on price could be massive. 
thms

Activity: 427
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:01:53 AM

Hey OP, I don't understand why are you so desperate to tell other people to sell? I assume you sold all your coins so you are already safe, so why are you so desperate to help  Roll Eyes other people?

I can understand bulls trying to motivate other people because that can make them money, but someone who thinks BTC will be worthless and have already sold all coins, there's no need to worry anymore unless the financial loss of random unknown people makes you feel truly bad?
MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:30:49 AM

Furthermore, Huobi traders can use leveraged trades - they offer margin trading at 2:1.  Finally, it has also been speculated that because of the 0 fees (and no way to make money except from the interest from margin trading), that it is likely that Huobi is trading on their own exchange.  I have witnessed firsthand someone "painting the tape" over there, in fact a user in China gave screenshots of exactly what I have seen, which are strange 0.001 BTC trades happeninghttp://s34.photobucket.com/user/snowfox2002/library/0124?sort=9&page=1

I do agree completely, if/when (I believe when, not if) Huobi get shut down, the effect on price could be massive. 

How is that any different from Bitstamp. Seen that happen all the time....microtransactions keeping spot nailed to nearest Ask wall. A Bot operators policy as there are always those who just want Bitcoins who simply fill their order at whatever spot is.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Apostata

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:37:00 AM

Furthermore, Huobi traders can use leveraged trades - they offer margin trading at 2:1.  Finally, it has also been speculated that because of the 0 fees (and no way to make money except from the interest from margin trading), that it is likely that Huobi is trading on their own exchange.  I have witnessed firsthand someone "painting the tape" over there, in fact a user in China gave screenshots of exactly what I have seen, which are strange 0.001 BTC trades happeninghttp://s34.photobucket.com/user/snowfox2002/library/0124?sort=9&page=1

How is that any different from Bitstamp. Seen that happen all the time....microtransactions keeping spot nailed to nearest Ask wall. A Bot operators policy as there are always those who just want Bitcoins who simply fill their order at whatever spot is.

It's not?  I don't understand what you are trying to say.  My point is Huobi is driving the market right now,  but was informing the OP that the volume is not all it seems. 
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:58:13 AM

It's not?  I don't understand what you are trying to say.  My point is Huobi is driving the market right now,  but was informing the OP that the volume is not all it seems. 

Of course its not.

I have about 500K of volume this month but that is from never more than 30K principle.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
Apostata

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:13:04 AM

Of course its not.

I have about 500K of volume this month but that is from never more than 30K principle.

I still don't know what you are talking about.  If you wanted a medal for your 500k volume maybe there's another thread for that try the newbies.

You said,
how is that different from bit stamp

I said

it's not

I dont think you are relevant to this conversation, but yeah good job on your vast amount of volume using only a little capital. 
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:20:45 AM

I dont think you are relevant to this conversation, but yeah good job on your vast amount of volume using only a little capital. 

u aint relevant to the fkn world.

Apostata

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:28:07 AM

u aint relevant to the fkn world.

Hahaha seriously, nice response! You've made no sense whatsoever in this entire conversation, jumped in and started blurting out your profits, and I'm not relevant?  I think you just enjoy hearing yourself talk or in this case reading your own words. The problem is you don't read the words before or after that!

Anyway big pat on the back for MatTheCat. 
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:46:37 AM

Profits?

I was taking about turnover which has fuck all to do with profits. Point being, I don't think it is hard for anyone to imagine that volume on a trading exchange is going to be many multiple times that of that actual amount of an asset that is sitting on accounts there.

bawbag.

Apostata

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:25:16 PM

Profits?

I was taking about turnover which has fuck all to do with profits. Point being, I don't think it is hard for anyone to imagine that volume on a trading exchange is going to be many multiple times that of that actual amount of an asset that is sitting on accounts there.

bawbag.

Geez Mat, I'm having a conversation about volume and your comments are just completely irrelevant.  No need to get all defensive and take things personally, you won't see me resort to name calling like a fkn child. 

Anyway, I'm sure things just got taken the wrong way at some point in this thread, we'll just call it a night and I'm sure you'll do better tomorrow.
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:29:05 PM

Geez Mat, I'm having a conversation about volume and your comments are just completely irrelevant.  No need to get all defensive and take things personally, you won't see me resort to name calling like a fkn child.  

Anyway, I'm sure things just got taken the wrong way at some point in this thread, we'll just call it a night and I'm sure you'll do better tomorrow.

Night?

Its morning where I am m8, so who do you think is thinking clearly and whose head is frazzled here?

Dalmar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 500

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:31:45 PM

Let's not forget that China has a loads of miners with hoarded coins. When they realize there is no future with them and they waisted their time, they will dump on Western exchanges.

Hodl your shotrs.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
MatTheCat

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:35:50 PM

Let's not forget that China has a loads of miners with hoarded coins. When they realize there is no future with them and they waisted their time, they will dump on Western exchanges.

Hodl your shotrs.

Despite all the ridicule I got for my failed 817 short that called when some manipulating whale or idiot with more money than sense devoured the 1500BTC Ask wall at 820, my 'revenge' short just came in.....shorted at 826, exited market at 804.

He who shorts, wins!

eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:11 PM

All this talk is meaningless. Someone will summon the almighty spirit of KARHU quite soon and when (not if) this happens, fantasy-coins will frie in hell.

If you would like to summon the almighty KARHU, please go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=405180.0;all
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: