Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 07:41:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD OUT] Ninja Group Buy #4 - 30 Hosted ANTs + 7 - 290X [0/300] .3btc  (Read 17821 times)
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:58:07 PM

We're working on bringing up the Scrypt rig.  Let's just say its being a royal pain in the ass (1x to 16x risers not playing nice), and it's now sporting 2 motherboards.  We should have it operational in the next day from our staging area and get installed next week.

I see Scrypt Hashrate: 5.5365 MH/s up on the GB#4 page... is that only 6/7 cards or all 7 now?

If we are still awaiting to add #7... then good god you got some sweet spot 290X cards getting over 900KH/s each!

That would mean a possible 6.45+ MH/s which definitely beat my estimates. Crossing fingers this is only 6 cards right now lol!

https://litecoin.info/Mining_hardware_comparison

Only shows 2 above 900 and the 990KH/s one is full of shit at those clocks. If you got ~915KH/s each you are doing something right.

Only 6 out of 7 cards, they are all stable at 930KH/s each running on BAMT; rejects are a bit high but that will improve once we actually install the rig.  I spent more hours than I can count getting this rig ready; it went over budget once we added a 2nd mobo, but was hella fun to build despite the frustrations. We welded up our own stand for the VGA cards, which alone was a 4+ hour job.
howardb

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:57:05 AM
Last edit: February 11, 2014, 04:13:06 AM by howardb

We're working on bringing up the Scrypt rig.  Let's just say its being a royal pain in the ass (1x to 16x risers not playing nice), and it's now sporting 2 motherboards.  We should have it operational in the next day from our staging area and get installed next week.

Any GPU miner would tell you those cards are WAY too close together. You will hit temperature and reliability issues, especially with cards that do not back blow like the Asus R9 280x. they blow hot air straight into the intake of the next card!
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:09:15 AM

Any GPU miner would tell you those cards are WAY too close together. You will hit temperature and reliability issues, especially with cards that do not back blow like the Asus R9 280x. they blow hot air straight into the intake of the next card!

These are all 290x reference design cards that blow all the hot air out the back of the card. They get plenty of cold air coming in (box fan) even in the staging area they are running under 85c during daytime and 70c at night. I expect them to do even better when they installed into the datacenter and we can get some real cooling air to play with.
howardb

Activity: 574

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 12:06:29 PM

These are all 290x reference design cards that blow all the hot air out the back of the card. They get plenty of cold air coming in (box fan) even in the staging area they are running under 85c during daytime and 70c at night. I expect them to do even better when they installed into the datacenter and we can get some real cooling air to play with.

As I said, back blowers are the only ones that get away with that degree of proximity, and only some of them. 6950's even back blowers were terrible on proximity due to radient heat. Unless your massivly pressed for space, I would still look to give future rigs a bit more space per card. I'm running 5 R9-280x's at 70 degrees with no back fan and no additional cooling in a non-heated houshold room. I'm sure you are aware the lower you keep the temp, the longer the card life.
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 02:51:23 PM

Hi There:

In for One Share please and thank you!:

https://blockchain.info/tx/1ef22c37530f50b123f38bb07e32976690fc8a2af2ea873f4f3ced9daf10fd90

BTC Address:

1PoY1bpigWqqeTkY3XErUzJvKdNubPtRVS

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8981

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 12:06:45 AM

If you paid and your name or address is missing please message me.

Could you please check your PM when you get a chance. Thanks!
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 01:12:15 AM

Owners list updated, and the replacement riser came in so we are now running on all 7 cards ~ now hitting nearly 6.5Mh/s.
dyland

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:49:49 AM

Owners list updated, and the replacement riser came in so we are now running on all 7 cards ~ now hitting nearly 6.5Mh/s.

Hi ninj!

Are there more shares to be bought?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 03:12:28 AM

Hi ninj!

Yes, there are still 94 shares left in group #4.  You should also pick up a share in group 5, it's currently priced UNDER the market value for gridseed chips; as the price of BTC has fallen, and the scrypt asics are priced in USD ~ plus no additional hosting fees.
trentdk

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:29:16 AM

1 share for a newbie, thanks!

442fdce21f760ceb66b0007efae14eaa8ee46a9f69258205a1c1e1f0632f0a34
dyland

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:51:37 AM

Hi ninj!

Yes, there are still 94 shares left in group #4.  You should also pick up a share in group 5, it's currently priced UNDER the market value for gridseed chips; as the price of BTC has fallen, and the scrypt asics are priced in USD ~ plus no additional hosting fees.

Hmm I just might get a few more shares in both GBs, though I made a large investment already in 20X dualminer USBs and an LA3M. I would have to wait in any case a week to buy/attain more BTC. Hopefully, I can. I think this makes pretty good sense. One thing that has me frightened though is that I am new to mining and hoping I don't fry my gear  Shocked. Anyway, will try to buy more shares if I can free up more funds. Thanks again for putting this together.

Ciphersoft

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:52:37 AM

I want 2 shares of the ants and will process the payment on Thursday, I hope there are a couple left!
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:59:23 AM

Hi ninj!

Hmm I just might get a few more shares in both GBs, though I made a large investment already in 20X dualminer USBs and an LA3M. I would have to wait in any case a week to buy/attain more BTC. Hopefully, I can. I think this makes pretty good sense. One thing that has me frightened though is that I am new to mining and hoping I don't fry my gear  Shocked. Anyway, will try to buy more shares if I can free up more funds. Thanks again for putting this together.

We're great at frying gear so you don't have to Wink We try to always get the latest, most profitable gear and pass the saving on to our owners. We do accept ACH payment from existing owners at preev.com rate, so no need to wait on buying BTC.
bcntrader

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:19:35 PM

I want to buy a share but can't withdrawal bitcoins from my exchange account due the "Transaction malleability"  Angry

Been buying some BTC all the way down with the price drop though  Grin
“Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful” ― Warren Buffett

dyland

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 01:56:58 PM

Hi ninj!

We're great at frying gear so you don't have to Wink We try to always get the latest, most profitable gear and pass the saving on to our owners. We do accept ACH payment from existing owners at preev.com rate, so no need to wait on buying BTC.

Crap, already put my order for withdrawal in with virtex....it'll take 3-5 days. probably Friday. I still hope there are spots in both groups by then.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 09:08:39 PM

Owners list updated - only 77 shares remain. Each share has already accumulated .02 worth of dividends so this is even better than immediate hashing!
aztecminer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:41:50 PM

i own two asus 290x cards and both burned up in the same conditions you have yours now. luckily asus repaired them both for me. i have ordered an arctic extreme 3 cooler, copper heat sinks, and geld paste to test on one of the cards .. i am waiting on the copper heat sinks to arrive .. did you know replacing the thermal paste can give considerable drops in heat alone and increase efficiency drawing less power ?? .. these are the kinds temps you should be getting with those cards:

GPU - 61c
VRM 1 - 55c
VRM 2 - 53c

u want the best heat sinks on the vrms as they get the hottestest, this is why i bought copper heat sinks to replace the cheap aluminum heat sinks that come with the cooler .. use the aluminum on ur ram chips if u run out of copper since they don't get as hot . these 290x cards run hot and need better aftermarket cooling .
dyland

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:46:52 PM

Hi Ninj:

Please note one more share for me please:

https://blockchain.info/tx/07e0e0af6da4562acc651295147d4c7b7e62cb2c0719a367c06ce1468c9f447a

(BTC address of course remains the same, but for reference: 1PoY1bpigWqqeTkY3XErUzJvKdNubPtRVS )

AlexTes

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:34:37 PM

Hi guys, I'm very interested in investing in a couple of shares but somehow my math seems to fail me.
I tried it as follows:
A share would currently cost about $190
I would buy 1.8 - 2.0 GH/s + whatever the scrypt rig adds.
1.8 - 2.0 GH/s today earn about $.20 to $.22 cents by stats I can find.
Hosting is $15 a month. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, what?

Please help me out guys, this smells like exactly the thing I would love to invest in, it seems you have a decent numbers of shares I would like to have ^^
xanthin

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 02:46:37 PM

Hi guys, I'm very interested in investing in a couple of shares but somehow my math seems to fail me.
I tried it as follows:
A share would currently cost about $190
I would buy 1.8 - 2.0 GH/s + whatever the scrypt rig adds.
1.8 - 2.0 GH/s today earn about $.20 to $.22 cents by stats I can find.
Hosting is $15 a month. Obviously I'm doing something wrong, what?

Please help me out guys, this smells like exactly the thing I would love to invest in, it seems you have a decent numbers of shares I would like to have ^^

You're a factor of 10 out.
1 share is 18-20GH/s
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: