Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:13:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Starting Escrow Service?  (Read 415 times)
PyroTekNeks (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:34:56 AM

So I don't really make anything mining...I was just wondering.

What else exactly would I need besides a good reputation around here?
What coins should I support starting?
How much should I be charging?

Any help would be nice. If you could refer me to someone who does escrow too that'd be great.

http://scrypt.cc?ref=baaai
^^^SCRYPT CLOUD MINING SITE!!!^^^

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:57:39 AM

Just stick to mining.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
PyroTekNeks (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:06:24 AM

Just stick to mining.
And why is that?

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:17:22 AM

Escrow work is tiring and thankless. Even when doing it for free, 95% of the time nobody leaves you any positive feedback. Plus when you're responsible for four our five hundred Bitcoins that belong to somebody else, it makes you very paranoid about losing them.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
PyroTekNeks (OP)

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:53:01 AM

That's sad to hear.
Very convincing not to.
That's a lot of money haha. Looking to doing smaller alts first!

BitcoinBobbeh

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:14:33 PM

At this point I think it would be extremely difficult to get started as an escrow guy... people like to say it's the 'Wild West' of Bitcoin, which I guess is partially true, but we are past the point of "Hey, trust me with your coins" being effective.   Cry

I personally don't think it's worth it to get very involved with trades at this point, with all the exchanges and stuff. I may remain open to the idea if only to diversify my portfolio with altcoins or something I can trade against with confidence.

For me, not being a big trader, I had to get my rep started by risking BTC of my own with some short-term forum member who is now apparently a scammer.

Not the best experience.

TL;DR your first few deals should be with the elite core of ultra-trusted forum weirdos. Or else you're getting nowhere.

By the end of next month at the latest we will have permanently left behind 3 digits. You can quote me on this.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: