Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 09:42:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do We Need To Change Bitcoin Logo ₿?  (Read 1567 times)
Logo-coin (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 11:41:32 AM

Bitcoin can change our future, our way of consuming, voting, sharing, working...
But its logo is attached to symbols of the past. BTC
Why the ₿ should look like the $,€ or ¥, while Bitcoin wants to change our economic model ?

Maybe to change the system, Bitcoin have to change its Logo ?
Blackrain13

Activity: 328
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:50:32 AM

I think no need to change bitcoin logo because it is the symbol of a valuable digital coins that was created by Satoshi Nakamoto 9 years ago. That logo is the remembrance and a sign of success not only of the bitcoin creator but also to all bitcoiners who are gaining and change  their living through this coin. In other word Bitcoin logo is the mirror of the past,present and future. It is just my opinion.

██  ▀■  KittieFIGHT.io  ■▀  ██
▄    Real time dapp game    ▄
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:57:40 AM

Bitcoin can change our future, our way of consuming, voting, sharing, working...
Why the ₿ should look like the $,€ or ¥, while Bitcoin wants to change our economic model ?

There is no need to change the logo since the logo was designed by Nakamoto which means that bitcoin is a currency. Even if we change the logo bitcoin will not change and there will be no changes in the market value nor on its algorithms. Thus, for me it is only a waste of time to change the logo since what we must need to do is to focus on the most important areas of bitcoin such as its market value, transaction matters.
zero714309

Activity: 749
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:32:03 PM

I think no need because btc is a pioneer,if indeed there is an alternation should be at the beginning of the initial appearance,people are already very familiar with logo that is now and has been considered as a symbolic which is attached to and if in the dressing I think it is quite annoying
Larva14

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:37:05 PM

There's no need and no reason to change Bitcoin logo.  Even if they change it's logo Bitcoin will still be the same. Bitcoin will still be popular and people will continue to invest in Bitcoin not  because of the logo, it's because of the huge profit people can gain in Bitcoin.
I agree of that there is no reason why to change bitcoin logo. Even they change its  useless cause in there minds it is only one logo there recognized design by Nakamoto. In there first impressions in logo is profit a big profit, that's why there's no reason to change it.
Logo-coin (OP)

Activity: 13

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 12:39:22 PM

That's right, the bitcoin logo is clearly identified by the general public as the symbol of bitcoin.
But is it a good sign? Does it reflect the values of the project and its creator?

In many logo cases, a brand didn't keep its originally designed logo.
Apple first Logo: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Apple_first_logo.png
Google first logo: https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2015/09/the-evolution-of-googles-iconic-logo/
Microsoft : https://www.cnet.com/pictures/microsoft-logos-through-the-years-pictures/
Mozilla : https://www.sunzu.com/articles/firefox-logo-re-design/

A logo evolves in the same way that a company evolves, Satoshi is an excellent engineer and a great visionary but I don't think he's a good designer.

I'm personally for a Bitcoin logo evolution, not for aesthetic reasons but to give it more meaning and create a new sign that embodies this ambition to create a new economic model and change paradigms
spyerf

Activity: 378
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:48:33 PM

I think it's unnecessary action, change or not logo bitcoin will not make any significant changes. people use and invest in bitcoins not in visible logos, but they trust and feel the many benefits of bitcoin. so bitcoin will remain popular even without logo changes.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:02:24 PM

No there is no need to change bitcoin's logo , the symbol has already printed to our minds and everyone was contented and happy to it. Some will agree to change it but for me I want to stay how it is just like others paper currencies even how many years comes it still stay the same way.
shahin_ameen

Activity: 23

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:17:57 PM

There is no need to change the logo since the logo was designed by Nakamoto which means that bitcoin is a currency. Even if we change the logo bitcoin will not change and there will be no changes in the market value nor on its algorithms. Thus, for me it is only a waste of time to change the logo since what we must need to do is to focus on the most important areas of bitcoin such as its market value, transaction matters.

I am totally agree with you, bitcoin doesn't need to change it's logo. we really need to focus on security and transaction of bitcoin.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:18:57 PM

It should remain as is, since it is the logo in which people knew bitcoin about. Also, changing the logo would be the least of the concerns this community and devs are concerned about. There's no practical reason in changing BTC symbol/logo apart from an ideology that bitcoin should be different from your normal currency/fiat. We may get there in the future, yes, but for the meantime, directing our efforts toward something more valuable is still the most practical use of energy and resources for the development of bitcoin.
s2sallbygrace

Activity: 308
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:23:56 PM

There's no need and no reason to change Bitcoin logo.  Even if they change it's logo Bitcoin will still be the same. Bitcoin will still be popular and people will continue to invest in Bitcoin not  because of the logo, it's because of the huge profit people can gain in Bitcoin. This BTC logo will be the only trademark of Bitcoin that makes Bitcoin popular and successful.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Maestro75

Activity: 1974
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 01:27:41 PM

Why change what works? The symbol is not in any way a problem for the development of bitcoin and should not attract any attention. Bitcoin has other issues to be worried about, not symbol.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:19:53 PM

A logo evolves in the same way that a company evolves, Satoshi is an excellent engineer and a great visionary but I don't think he's a good designer.

the current logo that you commonly see as bitcoin logo is not designed by Satoshi, the idea is from his original design and idea but it has changed. if you think it is bad then feel free to give a suggestion or if you can design one, if it is good enough then we will use that as the logo.

edit: the original design was not even a single "B" it was a "BC" according to this picture:
(you can see the logo on top left corner)

There is a FOMO brewing...
ignacio0404

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:29:40 PM

Bitcoin's logo has always been known to be "the Bitcoin". We all hear the saying: the only constant in this world is change- But if it changing the logo would help Bitcoin stabilize, then I guess we should change it. And we should make sure it will be known the change and still be know the legendary Bitcoin.
zolfa

Merit: 11

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:31:09 PM

I think the bitcoin logo must not be changed, if the bitcoin logo is changed, then the bitcoin popularity will fall. bitcoin has a logo that makes it strong.

the popularity of bitcoin is already known by the ₿ logo, and it's patent logo belonging to Satoshi as the person who created bitcoin. we have no obligation to change that logo.

so, bitcoin logos will not be changed but bitcoin systems should always innovate and must be updated.
brightology

Activity: 209
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:01:53 PM

Bitcoin is the best among other alt-coin, for every reason, bitcoin function is very perfect in price and the transaction platform the symbol logo always display to show, that the is real coin. secondly, bitcoin logo does not need to change logo and it can be change. 
otandelapaz

Merit: 115

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:07:22 PM

This will only cause confusion and unfamiliarity. One of the purpose of creating a logo for something is to give it an identity that can be easily recognize by all.

It looks like a $,€ or ¥ because Bitcoin was created as a currency, and a B with a | is obviously making it identify as a currency.

I can't think of anything else on what Bitcoin's logo should look like. And by the way, I hope the Bitcoin logo will be available in our keyboards too. Cheesy
RAinery

Activity: 103

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:08:20 PM

No need to change logo. With the current logo bitcoin still able to attract a considerable interest in investment issues. So, it's better to change the thinking process and how each individual works to get maximum results in bitcoin rather than having to think about replacing bitcoin logos.
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:26:24 PM

I think we dont need to change the logo because with the currency logo of bitcoin it is still able to attract many people to invest here in bitcoin. Because when the logo changed then the popularity will fall.
greg458

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:36:29 PM

this is one of silly question that i've been read on this forum(till rightnow) why we need to change bitcoin logo? what wrong with that? i mean
dont judge book by cover

yep, we dont need that!! why?? because i think logo isn't rlly important (i might be wrong) but, bitcoin has been proving can't be hacked, and also "one of stable" crypto (till rightnow), as i said above, "dont judge book by cover".... bitcoin already shows its performance, so does the logo will affecting bitcoin? I do not think so... Also, it's not " butterfly effect" right?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: