Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC  (Read 144 times)
AlGovorov (OP)

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:51:59 AM

Searched here, then searched in General on the Internet, it is not clear to me a situation with KYC, children somebody prompt me, here the data which we give, they to be in any one General database? or each project has its own database?
Road445

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:54:28 AM

First, KYC is a way to verify your personal identity.
Most of the time, most projects when you submit KYC data, then the data is only stored in their local database, so this is a very insecure thing.

deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:09:42 PM

If you want to participate in ICO that requires KYC from their investor then you have to submit your identity documents it is because some country Government doesn't allow their citizens to participate in ICO so every ICO project needs their investor identity to avoid any legal actions against them in future. Also, it came in place by some governments lawful authority to implement KYC system to avoid money laundering & can keep track of every investor holdings. But submitting your ID's to pass KYC is insecure as your data can be leaked and you are not sure to whom you are submitting & how secure their system is to protect the data. If your data gets leaked maybe someone can steal your identity and use it for unethical use.
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:14:25 PM

Agree with previous posters for KYC rationale but should also add that KYC is tied to anti-money laundering laws as well.  There is growing concern that cryptocurrencies are being used more and more by nation states and criminal organizations to process money in such away to evade sanctions or avoid detection altogether.

Now...  don't think this is exclusive to crpto... fiat can be used for such purposes as well and there are similar laws for fiat.  It's not like crypto is the only bad actor.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Bitze
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1042

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:18:32 PM

not every project but every KYC provider has its own database. and also its own requirements and prerequisites for KYC.

often one picture is enough. but lately there were also often videochats  Grin
xminer2014

Activity: 207
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 02:19:02 PM

A lot of the ICOs are requiring KYC now, you just need photo ID and sometimes address verification aswell like a utility bill or telephone bill.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Tosin12

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 02:32:07 PM

What I realized observed about Kyc is that all the project requiring Kyc is just trying to play in the ambit of the law to avoid legal issues and it's also inline with battling of corrupt practices and money laundering but I do hope all of this project keep the 🆔 and documents safe because of some people that can be using it for illegal stuffs
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 03:16:17 PM

Every project has its own database and they cannot share, transfer or sell this data, it is collected just for security reasons, if any suspicious activity occurs then the authorities may access this data and the company is bound to provide them with this data.

jrelcess26

Activity: 78

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:50:58 PM

Any update on this coin?
trill312

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 02:57:45 PM

Searched here, then searched in General on the Internet, it is not clear to me a situation with KYC, children somebody prompt me, here the data which we give, they to be in any one General database? or each project has its own database?

They got own base: it's insecure; required by the rules; you can not participate in ICO without it.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 02:59:25 PM

KYC is an annoying part of bounties. But even more annoying are ones not reading requirements and then cursing at the team or bounty manager. If investors are required to do KYC then the bounty hunter should do so. Otherwise, it is not fair, sometimes BH gets more tokens than ones participated in token sales.

marn6767

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:05:45 PM

I do not share your kyc information with every project that comes to my mind. Because it is a situation that does not give much confidence. In the future, it is very likely that your identity information will be transferred to someone else's
Wearegoodfrends

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:08:05 PM

In different ways, there are aggregators that can do KYC for different projects. But it often happens that the project itself holds KYC for its ICO. Unfortunately, they often do not comply with the basic safety rules.
usd.dev

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

✹✹ Fluxorin.io ✹✹

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:11:30 PM

Checking the end user of the exchange services or the money-holding in the ICO, this is a very good thing. Although deceivers find ways to fake information. I am more pleased with the KYC that developers are required to provide their data to the exchange, so fraudulent projects are much less.

deep4u

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 03:16:19 PM

Most of project hire 3rd party services to handle out kyc and there not much of them as per my knowledge. So there  will be separate database for each service provider. I have recently joined ICO where there was same service provider for the project where I did kyc before and I have been verified without doing kyc again.
Remat34

Activity: 139

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 08:43:24 PM

The Know Your Customer(Kyc) part of any project is just a concept that seeks to make investors more familiar with their facilitators. It's actually a nice concept actually as it is a measure to get people from running into scams or phishing attacks.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: