Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 03:16:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How blockchain technology can be used for charity?  (Read 186 times)
Taby (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 01:42:58 PM

I am wondering how blockchain technology can be used for charity and to reduce poverty in the world..

Any ideas are welcome  Smiley

ShitTL

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:25:02 PM

If the blockchain technology can be used for charity?? would you please let me get that idea from you? And can you tell me how it is application to do charity based on its application Huh Cry can you repply
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:26:26 PM

using it in charity and reducing poverty in the word are two different things. the later is impossible with blockchain technology and there is nothing it can do about it. but the former (using in charity) is in fact one of the best ways t hat you can use a decentralized public ledger such as bitcoin.

as an example of this you can check out BitGive[1] which is a "an American nonprofit organization that solicits bitcoin donations for use in charitable causes." it basically uses bitcoin and the fact that the transactions are there for the whole world to see to be transparent about the money that it has received and where that money is being spent. this organization has been working for about 5 years now.

apart from the transparency there is also the fact that it is easy and global to receive donations as a charity when you are using bitcoin. and it is cheapest way of donating money not to mention you can donate any amount that you can, even as small as a couple of cents something that is not possible through banks.

[1] https://www.bitgivefoundation.org/

There is a FOMO brewing...
mutrang23

Activity: 484
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 03:29:47 PM

I am wondering how blockchain technology can be used for charity and to reduce poverty in the world..

Blockchain is a popular technological platform, but its application is primarily used in the creation of Tokens. It does not have the forms to serve charity organizations or to reduce poverty.
Taby (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:53:18 PM

using it in charity and reducing poverty in the word are two different things. the later is impossible with blockchain technology and there is nothing it can do about it. but the former (using in charity) is in fact one of the best ways t hat you can use a decentralized public ledger such as bitcoin.

as an example of this you can check out BitGive[1] which is a "an American nonprofit organization that solicits bitcoin donations for use in charitable causes." it basically uses bitcoin and the fact that the transactions are there for the whole world to see to be transparent about the money that it has received and where that money is being spent. this organization has been working for about 5 years now.

apart from the transparency there is also the fact that it is easy and global to receive donations as a charity when you are using bitcoin. and it is cheapest way of donating money not to mention you can donate any amount that you can, even as small as a couple of cents something that is not possible through banks.

[1] https://www.bitgivefoundation.org/

Thank you very much for your time and effort!

I was thinking of reducing the poverty associated with larger donations.

I believe that people would make more donations if the process is more transparent.

I watched the report about children from Kongo that are abandoned by their parents on the street because there is no food for everyone in the house, so I was inspired for this topic.

In a meantime, I also found an intresting project launched by UNICEF.

https://futurism.com/hopepage-crypto-mining-charity/

For the end, let's hope the crypto-world will become a better world for everyone!

Cheers!  Smiley

In a meantime, I also
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:57:21 PM

I think blockchain technology is doing much more to reduce the poverty from the world than the charity. The poverty we are facing is because of the unemployment of people in all the corners of the world and many people do not get any service because of too much competition while blockchain technology has opened up a new world which has a lot of opportunities for all of the world and a major amount of people are getting their earning for working in blockchain technology.
nabinkhadka

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:01:04 PM

Blockchain technology can be very useful for charity , as we see we can donate from every corner of the world and its transparent and secured  so i am confident that Blockchain for charity will be beneficial.
nicpaig

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:04:16 PM

If the blockchain technology can be used for charity?? would you please let me get that idea from you? And can you tell me how it is application to do charity based on its application Huh Cry can you repply

A better charity is possible with blockchain technology, and Ethereum. Using these technologies we can build a decentralized autonomous charity that can accept donations in any currency, hold onto it's funds in non'volatile form and deploy them globally while maintaining complete transparency of individual donations.
kaya11

Activity: 1330
Merit: 110

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:17:21 PM

I know some guys that used Bitcoin and gave charity to different programs in different places. One is the pineapple fund, they are the first I think that sent many Bitcoins to different kinds of charity programs.

salterious

Activity: 258

The revolutionary Export system/One-click Export

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:34:44 PM

You could easily use blockchain for charity as the transparent ledger would make it tough to hide where the money is going. Right now there is an ICO going on I believe called Bcharity which plans to be an international charity exchange. https://bcharity.io/. Not sure if the idea will take off, but glad to see some people trying to make the world a better place!

INTERNATIONAL TRADING PLATFORM ►One-click Export
     EXPORT ONLINE     
ANN  Whitepaper    Telegram    Facebook    Steemit    YouTube    Twitter    Medium
trand

Activity: 252

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 09:16:14 PM

It is easy for the charity but I do not think that blockchain can stop the poverty. if there is no poverty, there will be no rich people. I believe that both wealthy and poverty have to exist at the same time. That is how life works. Everything has to have both side

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:07:20 PM

If there is someone who's willing to create and apply blockchain technology that will be used by charities then it will be useful for them.

I reckon brewmaster's word that there's nothing to do for charities. Since they are a charity and they are not an earning corporation the use of it will beneficial to the donators who wants to hide their identities and want a fast way of transferring the fund.
weiweianll

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:10:57 PM

Blockchain can solve a very important problem, the flow of assets.
The issue of asset flow is the core issue of philanthropy.
Blockchain technology is still in its infancy, with the development of technology and supporting facilities. I think it is possible to solve the charity issue in the future.
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:32:30 PM

Every time I watch news in TV and saw a segment about the people damaged by the typhoon or any calamity, the difficult life of people in remote areas or even people with disabilities and illnesses, I saw a part where the particular charity institution post their bank accounts for cash donations. I think blockchain technology could also be an option, much better if they will also include their bitcoin address so that btc earners like us can easily outreach the poor ones.

I know that this is just a small step but at least we now have a stepping stone towards a strong connection between blockchain technology and charitble works.
Stephen1989

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:34:50 PM

Blockchain is a popular technological platform, but its application is primarily used in the creation of Tokens. It does not have the forms to serve charity organizations or to reduce poverty.
Ibrahim 2020

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 10:40:04 PM

I think blockchain technology is doing much more to reduce the poverty from the world than the charity. The poverty we are facing is because of the unemployment of people in all the corners of the world and many people do not get any service because of too much competition while blockchain technology has opened up a new world which has a lot of opportunities for all of the world and a major amount of people are getting their earning for working in blockchain technology.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:03:23 AM

Easy. Make a whitepaper about a blockchain for charity with its own token then start an ICO with the promise that all funds will be spent on development and marketing. Phase 2 would be to list your token and hype your project. Once the token is pumping, you do Phase 3. You and the holders of your token will sell everything lol.

There, you and the others are rich now. Poverty has been reduced.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:31:53 AM

You know there has been many posts in the service section too regarding charity using Bitcoins.
They say they are going to give the money that you donate in the form of btc to the local charity there, but off course it all depends upon how authentic it is .
Bitcoins can really help people with these sorts of missions , you could donate on the other side of the world without any fee , like literally! No fee ! It could really be helpful in the cases where you have to transfer low amounts and that's just impossible with the high fee . It could literally open up the gates for people with low income who also wanna donate something and increase the spectrum of charity as a whole.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
alizalela7

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:33:58 AM

You tell me how blockchain technology can be used for charity? Personally I am thinking the unknown way for us to do charity and can you talk about the prospect of doing it?
Taby (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 06:38:22 AM

It is easy for the charity but I do not think that blockchain can stop the poverty. if there is no poverty, there will be no rich people. I believe that both wealthy and poverty have to exist at the same time. That is how life works. Everything has to have both side

Unfortunately, I agree with you.

For thousands of years people lived in hunter-gatherer societies that were egalitarian.

There was "poverty" at that time, but it was not created by a human factor.

Concept of profit and wealth came with development of private property, 10.000 years BC I guess.

From its very beginnings (in ancient Mesopotamia/Iraq) business served as a driving force of history - it generated new ideas, pushed technological development, even cultural development. In the same way as today. On the other hand, it has created and maintained "artificial" poverty for centuries. So, it's weird. In a way, poverty is the price we pay for the progress that we enjoy today.

But, in a long historical perspective - poverty is just a concept.
 For thousands of years, slavery was a legal and normal thing, today it is not. Polytheistic religions have been normal for thousands of years. Before capitalism, there was feudalism and so on. People have used a bunch of things as money throughout history, and now we are in the crypto currencies.

So, I think the concepts gradually grow old and die of old age. Smiley

Finns already experiment with it - trying to introduce guaranteed minimum income for everyone.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: