Attention all miners: Green field forum, btclog.com, has just opened to the public!
My name is Travell, you can look me up at http://www.twitter.com/travellperkins
. I'm a Bitcoin miner and some of you may have even met me in NYC. I love Bitcoin and this forum is great, but being out of the loop for days is unacceptable. Having my personal information leaked time and time again is unacceptable. Instead of complaining I'm doing something about it. I've setup a forum leveraging the latest security and forum technology. The best part is I'm not running any of it. I've just put up a little time and a lot of money to make sure we have something secure from here on out. SSL is coming.
The service is totally free, but BTCLog.com will be run like a business and I may separate premium members from a bitcoin or two. At the end of the day you're not interested in Bitcoin if you don't see profit in it. You have to pay to play. We could all learn a valuable lesson from Tycho: it cost real money to keep a service up reliably, Deepbit is a great example of what a viable Bitcoin service looks like. This forum is a service, I'm not saying it needs to be replaced, but we need alternatives. Join btclog.com if any of the following makes sense to you:
- Your interested in a fresh start.
- Discovering people on Twitter and Google Plus to follow around Bitcoin sounds cool.
- The idea of networking with people online and more importantly offline around Bitcoin is exciting.
- Having your data managed by three companies RGB Daily, LLC, CloudFlare and Vanilla Forums instead of single volunteer makes sense to you.
- Knowing that btclog.com is a #1 priority of it's maintainers is key.
We owe everything to the core contributors and Mt.Gox. It's time for us to all step up in whatever way we can. You can register at btclog.com with a username and pass if you want to transfer your existing identity. We are also supporting Google, OpenID, and Twitter if you want to build up your rep around a more portable identity
Post your ideas in the Meta section!