Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:10:34 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today BTC = $800, $9200 to go and why 10 BTC will never make you rich  (Read 8313 times)
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:11:23 AM

Unfortunately I´m an late BTC adaptor (april 2013) and a member here since 2-3 months. I wonder, were this threads also like this 1-2 years ago? I mean, were people making threads with "will Bitcoin ever reach $10 or $100"?? I ask this because maybe we are awaiting too much grow from BTC at this point? I myself also cant imagine that 1BTC will be even worth $10.000.

Oh ya I have been bearish since 22 usd. and remain bearish BTC's valuation is totally unjustified its a tulip bubble.

Please tell us when you turn bullish!

The price has doubled more than 16 times, it can quite easily double a few more times.

There will be so much money flowing from the stock market soon. dumb money and smart money. it will drive BTC to the moon.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:32:57 AM

Unfortunately I´m an late BTC adaptor (april 2013) and a member here since 2-3 months. I wonder, were this threads also like this 1-2 years ago? I mean, were people making threads with "will Bitcoin ever reach $10 or $100"?? I ask this because maybe we are awaiting too much grow from BTC at this point? I myself also cant imagine that 1BTC will be even worth $10.000.

Oh ya I have been bearish since 22 usd. and remain bearish BTC's valuation is totally unjustified its a tulip bubble.

The price has doubled more than 16 times, it can quite easily double a few more times.

There will be so much money flowing from the stock market soon. dumb money and smart money. it will drive BTC to the moon.

I was never involved for capital gain but social change when I realized that wasnt possible I abandoned it. Doubling isnt gonna happen. If you are getting in now you are a late comer.

I got in at 12 usd per BTC and have bought and sold over 500 BTC.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:42:33 AM

INCREDULITY CHECKPOINTS I HAVE KNOWN
by sgbett aged 37 and a half.

#1 When it broker back through the ATH of $30
#2 When it just carried on.
#3 When it broke $100. omg.
#4 When it just carried on.
#5 When it broke $200. Holy shit.

crash. and pause for breath. well that that was fun whilst it lasted. never gonna see that kind of action again...

#6 When after just a few months, it retested ATH and smashed through it
#7 $300,$400,$500. rofl this is rediculous (sic)
#8 $1000. srsly wtf.

At all times $price*2 was considered wild. Price*10 was laughed out of town.

This be the craziest BiTCh I ever did see.

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:06:21 AM

I was never involved for capital gain but social change when I realized that wasnt possible I abandoned it. Doubling isnt gonna happen. If you are getting in now you are a late comer.

my neighbour hasnt even heard of bitcoin.
none of my friends own any bitcoin.
people are still trying to get their heads around a number of fallacies regarding scarcity, intrinsic value and security.
we are early to the party!
wall street hasnt opened doors yet.

why cant it double again?
I bet you said that 16 doubles ago.

Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:24:48 AM

Relax. Less than 2 million users in a world of 7.25 billion means we are way, way, way early. $10 billion market cap in a $60 trillion global economy means we have a long, long, long way to go.
favelle75

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:05:17 AM

A price of let's say, even 10,000 will make the 1k BTC holder worth 100 million USD.

Jesus H, with most excellent math skillz like that, who needs $$?

By the way, one thousand coins @ 10 grand is $10 Million, NOT $100 Million.

/facepalm

_Crypto made easier than cash_

▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 07:07:19 AM

It's worse than that, you guys aren't calculating for hyperinflation, you have to bear in mind that all Bitcoin is really doing like Gold/Silver is honestly reflecting just how many dollars are being pumped into the system if you hold 10 BTCs and in theory the value rises to $10,000 then it will be like Zimbabwe where you exchange 1 Bitcoin for $10,000 dollars and then it turns out to cost $1,000,000 to buy what normally would be a cheap house. Have you seen the Japanese Yen? That's the kind of hyperinflation that I'm thinking of, the only good thing about this is it tells us what's going on in the markets for real and also it lets us still have a functioning economy no matter how badly governments fuck up their paper currencies this time round.

The real question is what will people think Bitcoin is worth after the initial frenzy and collapse happens, having a circle jerks about the BTC/USD price can be fun but in the long term it's pretty meaningless.
chessnut
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:12:48 AM

It's worse than that, you guys aren't calculating for hyperinflation, you have to bear in mind that all Bitcoin is really doing like Gold/Silver is honestly reflecting just how many dollars are being pumped into the system if you hold 10 BTCs and in theory the value rises to $10,000 then it will be like Zimbabwe where you exchange 1 Bitcoin for $10,000 dollars and then it turns out to cost $1,000,000 to buy what normally would be a cheap house. Have you seen the Japanese Yen? That's the kind of hyperinflation that I'm thinking of, the only good thing about this is it tells us what's going on in the markets for real and also it lets us still have a functioning economy no matter how badly governments fuck up their paper currencies this time round.

The real question is what will people think Bitcoin is worth after the initial frenzy and collapse happens.

yeah, what will it mean if governments stop printing money?
USD will deflate.
thats not good for bitcoin.
possibly the rush out of the stock market will cause demand for bitcoins.
but will the demand for bitcoins exceed the demand for USD?

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 07:50:44 AM

The real question is what will people think Bitcoin is worth after the initial frenzy and collapse happens, having a circle jerks about the BTC/USD price can be fun but in the long term it's pretty meaningless.

well ur assuming that for BTC to reach $10,000, USD will have to hyper inflate or by the time it reaches $10,000/btc USD would have hyper inflated. But most investors are betting on Bitcoin reaching $10,000 by increased market cap without a massively hyperinflated/devalued USD. Due to Bitcoin scarcity, if the market cap significantly increases in size ($100 Billion+) then the price will go up in value along with it.

Cygnify

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 09:31:20 AM

Less than one million wallets (so less than one million users), and people think the price can't double again, let alone $10,000. Please... It's so far from being even close to widely adopted that really no one has any clue really what the price will do in the future. Only thing for certain is there is plenty of room for price growth, if bitcoin continues to be adopted and used as digital money.

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4074
Merit: 1303

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:27:26 PM

crash. and pause for breath. well that that was fun whilst it lasted. never gonna see that kind of action again...

#8 $1000. srsly wtf.

Don't forget the oldie, but goodie: dollar parity!!!!  "Omg, dollar parity is a bubble.  It'll be back less than a cent any second now. It is just a ponzu scheme for nerds."  Grin
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:51:48 PM

Less than one million wallets (so less than one million users), and people think the price can't double again, let alone $10,000. Please... It's so far from being even close to widely adopted that really no one has any clue really what the price will do in the future. Only thing for certain is there is plenty of room for price growth, if bitcoin continues to be adopted and used as digital money.

It can't reach 10,000. 800 is too high, 10,000 would be insane.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Bitcopia

Activity: 715
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:26:21 PM

A price of let's say, even 10,000 will make the 1k BTC holder worth 100 million USD.

But, a current BTC holder of 10 BTC will have what? 1 MIL USD? That's nothing.

1k x 10,000 = 10 million
10 x 10,000 = 100k
wobber (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1064

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 04:41:05 PM

1k x 10,000 = 10 million
10 x 10,000 = 100k

Yes, fail. I wrote the post for 10k holders but then modified it. Anyway, you got my point.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
Lloydie

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 05:04:44 PM

1k x 10,000 = 10 million
10 x 10,000 = 100k

Yes, fail. I wrote the post for 10k holders but then modified it. Anyway, you got my point.

Never is a very long time... If just 1% of global wealth goes into bitcoin, bitcoin's market cap will rise to some astronomical number.  Bitcoin will become its own asset class. It will be a deflationary asset class. In an inflationary world, that makes an extremely valuable asset to hold on to.
CryptoNames

Activity: 423
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 09:44:58 PM

my neighbour hasnt even heard of bitcoin.
none of my friends own any bitcoin.
people are still trying to get their heads around a number of fallacies regarding scarcity, intrinsic value and security.
we are early to the party!
wall street hasnt opened doors yet.

why cant it double again?
I bet you said that 16 doubles ago.

+1

You guys give the average american-zombie wayy too much credit...

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:09:46 PM

#8 $1000. srsly wtf.

thank you for putting things in perspective.
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:00:19 AM

like all these valuations..  even if BTC equals $100,000 someday, perhaps a gallon of gas might be $300 so you don't really gain anything with BTC but preserve your wealth..  like with gold for the most part.

so watch what you wish for  Lips sealed

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Lloydie

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:50:46 AM

like all these valuations..  even if BTC equals $100,000 someday, perhaps a gallon of gas might be $300 so you don't really gain anything with BTC but preserve your wealth..  like with gold for the most part.

Or BTC could be $1 million and we don't use gas at all. What is the point of pointless speculation?
DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:04:17 AM

Or BTC could be $1 million and we don't use gas at all. What is the point of pointless speculation?

obviously if you don't see the point you think it is pointless..  what a world you must live in..  nothing exists unless you already understand it!!!

perhaps if you asked nicely I would of bother learning ya but these days people just slam someone and expect someone to rush to prove their point..  nah, people used to ask with some civility when there was a concept that they didn't seem to fully grasp

stay in the dark

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: