Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:34:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Today BTC = $800, $9200 to go and why 10 BTC will never make you rich  (Read 8308 times)
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:53:38 AM

several hundred billion is still good!  Cheesy
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 06:56:07 AM

several hundred billion is still good!  Cheesy

Grin
indeed
we would be virtually rolling it in.

theFork

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:12:40 AM

considering BTC has gone from 0.001 cent to 1000K or something like that, this is 10^6 ~ 10^5 growth.

to go to 100k a coin is only 10^2.

the hard part has already been done. the proof that you can go to a $10 Billion market cap is no longer theoretical. It is a historical fact.

Go back to before 2009 and try and convince any one this was ever possible, and be laughed at by well, every one, if not ignored.

It so great to see the "economists" and other luminaries be proven so wrong about BTC, time after time after time. They have pronounced it dead a few times now only to see it come back orders of magnitude stronger. Nothing in their learning, or understanding has every done this.

Plus the other benefits of btc, and the shear amount of fiat sloshing around, makes frankly a btc of 1 million a coin not seem that much, its only 10^3 away.

It's just that 99.9999999% of people have no idea of the amount of money sloshing around, where is all resides, and who has it, how much printing + waste is going on.

Most are just in a zombifies state of consumer crap plastic state off purchasing.

A flat good size flat screen tv cost less  than a square meter of dirt in many capital cities. Let that sink in.

The fact that a book or theory like afluenza can get any traction shows how misguided people are, that now twe can buy crap, stuff, food, health care, etc etc we are affluent. Go and try and buy a house anywhere you'd want to live.

$1 million is [now] just a bundle of 1's and zeros on some state back computer system that has ceased any indication of value. See your purchasing power of FIAT, yes its going down isn't it, have you ever seen it go up in the long term?

I'm not sure most even in here have actually comprehend where this is going. The Cryto Currency space as a whole is going to leave reshape the entire landscape and cut out many many trillions in waste and poor decision making.

The magnitude of bad decision making at the public expense by govt's is in the 100's of trillions, a year.

The current Banking system costs, wages, realesate, IT alone which BTC tech replaces would be about 1/2 the banks total costs, per site.

There would be at least 1 million banks in the world, that cost at least an average of 500K to run p.a.. There's $250 Billion a year in savings just from BTC tech. That just a drop in the bucket for what sets a floor on BTC tech value.

middle class people within 15 years will be lucky to ever earn a BTC in their whole working life, within 25 years a single BTC will sufficient for be dynastic wealth.

The one caveat is it may not be BTC is could be some other coin, or bundle of coins, so you have to diversify. However it won't be a gov coin, or a closed source coin, those models are incompatible with BTC tech.

Yeah, but it reaches a point where the market cap begins to have some massive effect on the global economy. we are not on the radar yet, but it will be difficult to pass 500 Billion. yeah it's not improbable though...  at this point in time I would say it is unlikely to pass 2 trillion market cap. the implications are too severe.

Apple had a near $1 trillion market cap, it can disappear tomorrow without much on an effect on the market. The houses and roads will still be there, your rent or mortgage to pay, transport costs, buy food to eat etc etc

1 trillion is not much these days.

I estimate 300 mill americans alone spend about $100 a day on average, cost of living, power, rent, food etc, etc , thats 30 Billon a day, of non discretionary spending by only the consumer population.

forex markets do over 2T a day

Even I have managed multi billon dollar projects, and I'm nothing special out of the ordinary.
chessnut
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:16:41 AM

considering BTC has gone from 0.001 cent to 1000K or something like that, this is 10^6 ~ 10^5 growth.

to go to 100k a coin is only 10^2.

the hard part has already been done. the proof that you can go to a $10 Billion market cap is no longer theoretical. It is a historical fact.

Go back to before 2009 and try and convince any one this was ever possible, and be laughed at by well, every one, if not ignored.

It so great to see the "economists" and other luminaries be proven so wrong about BTC, time after time after time. They have pronounced it dead a few times now only to see it come back orders of magnitude stronger. Nothing in their learning, or understanding has every done this.

Plus the other benefits of btc, and the shear amount of fiat sloshing around, makes frankly a btc of 1 million a coin not seem that much, its only 10^3 away.

It's just that 99.9999999% of people have no idea of the amount of money sloshing around, where is all resides, and who has it, how much printing + waste is going on.

Most are just in a zombifies state of consumer crap plastic state off purchasing.

A flat good size flat screen tv cost less  than a square meter of dirt in many capital cities. Let that sink in.

The fact that a book or theory like afluenza can get any traction shows how misguided people are, that now twe can buy crap, stuff, food, health care, etc etc we are affluent. Go and try and buy a house anywhere you'd want to live.

$1 million is [now] just a bundle of 1's and zeros on some state back computer system that has ceased any indication of value. See your purchasing power of FIAT, yes its going down isn't it, have you ever seen it go up in the long term?

I'm not sure most even in here have actually comprehend where this is going. The Cryto Currency space as a whole is going to leave reshape the entire landscape and cut out many many trillions in waste and poor decision making.

The magnitude of bad decision making at the public expense by govt's is in the 100's of trillions, a year.

The current Banking system costs, wages, realesate, IT alone which BTC tech replaces would be about 1/2 the banks total costs, per site.

There would be at least 1 million banks in the world, that cost at least an average of 500K to run p.a.. There's $250 Billion a year in savings just from BTC tech. That just a drop in the bucket for what sets a floor on BTC tech value.

middle class people within 15 years will be lucky to ever earn a BTC in their whole working life, within 25 years a single BTC will sufficient for be dynastic wealth.

The one caveat is it may not be BTC is could be some other coin, or bundle of coins, so you have to diversify. However it won't be a gov coin, or a closed source coin, those models are incompatible with BTC tech.

Yeah, but it reaches a point where the market cap begins to have some massive effect on the global economy. we are not on the radar yet, but it will be difficult to pass 500 Billion. yeah it's not improbable though...  at this point in time I would say it is unlikely to pass 2 trillion market cap. the implications are too severe.

Apple had a near $1 trillion market cap, it can disappear tomorrow without much on an effect on the market. The houses and roads will still be there, your rent or mortgage to pay, transport costs, buy food to eat etc etc

1 trillion is nothing these days.

Even I have managed multi billon dollar projects, and I'm nothing special out of the ordinary.

really?
apple 1trln?
maybe I make another guess then.

theFork

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:23:39 AM

really?
apple 1trln?
maybe I make another guess then.

sorry max was $618.9 billion so 1/2 trillion,

still the point stands,

the real money is not even in private corps, but public money.

from wiki

"Some state-owned companies are far larger than even the largest public corporation. For example Saudi Aramco's value has been estimated at $10 trillion, which is twenty times the size of Apple, the largest public company at the end of the fourth quarter of 2012. [1][2][3]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_Aramco yes you read right it pulls in $300 Billion a year in just revenue, thats like 1/2 of apples entire market cap a year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_public_corporations_by_market_capitalization

the real money is in public money!!! and Forex.

here's a list of how may Soe's are in china alone
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_State-owned_enterprises_in_China....
machinationus

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 07:38:53 AM

Less than one million wallets (so less than one million users), and people think the price can't double again, let alone $10,000. Please... It's so far from being even close to widely adopted that really no one has any clue really what the price will do in the future. Only thing for certain is there is plenty of room for price growth, if bitcoin continues to be adopted and used as digital money.

https://blockchain.info/charts/my-wallet-n-users

It's like electric cars, the other day I noticed a recharge station at a Ranch and Farming retail store, It was very strange
as no electric car are even sold in that town.
I think a little education of wallets do and don't, and it will increase. Like Solar panels are almost child's play now.
The average person with a lot of free time can do it with ease. You can even now buy solar with BTC! And I'm not talking about 20 watt
panels but 250 watts by the crate.

The price must increase as mining will become much harder and demand increases?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: