Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:30:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for Account Deletion  (Read 735 times)
dabomb.com

September 11, 2011, 10:34:05 PM

Greetings,

While I was interested in Bitcoin at one time, I no longer have interest in bitcoin mining, trading, or posting to this forum at this time or in the foreseeable future.  I would like my account to be deleted please.

Thanks for your time,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
herzmeister
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1007

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 10:43:38 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/?ch=80k | BTC: 1LJvmd1iLi199eY7EVKtNQRW3LqZi8ZmmB
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 10:50:24 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2011, 11:33:27 PM by mjcmurfy

So you registered, in order to make a single post, requesting that your account be deleted... hmmm Huh

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
dabomb.com

September 11, 2011, 10:56:31 PM

Or I could have registered a couple of months ago when a friend of mine and I were looking into starting a bitcoin mining rig.  After weighing the options, I decided against starting up the rig.  Today, I get an email telling me that the forum has been hacked and advising me to change my passwords.  I comply, but then realize that I would rather not have my email address tied to an account that I no longer intend to use (despite the fact that I once considered it an important step to entering the bitcoin mining world).  You're correct in that it was my first post.  While I am sure it is an uncommon occurrence, I feel that you might have jumped to conclusions a bit regarding my character.  

Could you explain how one goes about deleting their account?  Upon search, I found that an admin must delete you.  Unfortunately, I am not allowed to message the admin to ask him to delete my account.
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 11:24:37 PM

Or I could have registered a couple of months ago when a friend of mine and I were looking into starting a bitcoin mining rig.  After weighing the options, I decided against starting up the rig.  Today, I get an email telling me that the forum has been hacked and advising me to change my passwords.  I comply, but then realize that I would rather not have my email address tied to an account that I no longer intend to use (despite the fact that I once considered it an important step to entering the bitcoin mining world).  You're correct in that it was my first post.  While I am sure it is an uncommon occurrence, I feel that you might have jumped to conclusions a bit regarding my character.  

Could you explain how one goes about deleting their account?  Upon search, I found that an admin must delete you.  Unfortunately, I am not allowed to message the admin to ask him to delete my account.

The forum still needs to know old user's IDs and such for the forum posts they have made, so you can't just make every trace of your existence go poof. Even many posts of banned scammers are still up. Just change your email address to a mailinator throwaway and your password to something long, complex, and random. And then try not to come back...
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 11:28:40 PM

The advice to change your password is just a precaution. There is no evidence that any data was stolen. I actually think that the staff here have done a great job getting the forum back up and running this quickly.

If you're worried about your email address being stored here then just change it to a throwaway address. Not really worth it though, because if the hacker did obtain the db then he will already have your email address.

No point closing the stable door after the horse has bolted, really.

If you insist on having your account removed, wait for a mod to see this thread. They can ask an admin to care of it for you. Or you could just make a few more posts in this thread until you have the ability to use the PM system.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
mjcmurfy

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2011, 11:30:40 PM

I have reported your thread to a moderator stating that the OP wishes to have his account removed.
I'm sure they will get to it soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: