Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 06:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: (MEW) transaction error  (Read 192 times)
Psalmy2cute (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:20:30 PM

For the past few days ive been having issues transferring fund from myetherwallet... just yesterday  i burnt 10usd worth of gas just trying to transfer my fund to exchange wallet

1usd worth of gas ended in failure...
1.5usd worth of gas brought same result

So heres my question

1. Is this a general issue
2. Since the recommended  mew gas fee and limit is not working... What amount of gwei do you recommend??
OluwaTosin10

Activity: 546
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:28:33 PM

Transaction error lately is normal
There are thousands of transactions going on
And if you have a failed transaction; it is as a result low gas or failed contract address
You simply have to create a new transaction with a high gas fee

For convenience
IVEXO

Activity: 574
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 04:30:04 PM

And if you have a failed transaction; it is as a result low gas or failed contract address

For convenience

Hummm, this is very correct and accurate
Because you simply have to increase your gwei to highest possible around 12,

Then you increase the gas limit too
Am sure the transaction would be a success
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:31:38 PM

For the past few days ive been having issues transferring fund from myetherwallet... just yesterday  i burnt 10usd worth of gas just trying to transfer my fund to exchange wallet

So heres my question

2. Since the recommended  mew gas fee and limit is not working... What amount of gwei do you recommend??

yesterday one of my friend was encountering the same issue this is not normal i will suggest you to use the 41 gewi GAS and maybe this help  to transfer your tokens..

bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

For convenience

if you use mew the gwe is about 41 but if you use metamask it is lower I think I am not sure about that but often succesful with metamask. Using metamask, the transaction fee will be calculated automatically but you can adjust depend on the traffic of tokens  you want to send.
Psalmy2cute (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:37:49 PM

So heres my question

yesterday one of my friend was encountering the same issue this is not normal i will suggest you to use the 41 gewi GAS and maybe this help  to transfer your tokens..
71gwei didnt work... i dont know if the gas limit is the problem
Psalmy2cute (OP)

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:40:29 PM

For convenience

if you use mew the gwe is about 41 but if you use metamask it is lower I think I am not sure about that but often succesful with metamask. Using metamask, the transaction fee will be calculated automatically but you can adjust depend on the traffic of tokens  you want to send.
I used metamask yesterday... the result was the same.. it all ended up in failure . And by the end of the day i ran out of gas
auliahr

Activity: 518

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:47:47 PM

your problem is the same as the one I experienced and I have spent 0.015 eth for 3 times transaction fee, but none of which is successful. very confusing and upset me.
LbtalkL

Activity: 1176
Merit: 162

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 04:59:39 PM

what token are you trying to transfer?
make sure it is not lock because if it is lock no matter how high your gas price is it will fail.
you can check the safe gas price to use here https://etherscan.io/gastracker

about the gas limit some tokens require high gas lomit like 200k, sometimes mew will set it for you if not the best way is to find the contract address of that particular token and then go to etherscan, view the transaction history find a success transaction and look what gas limit they used. Thats it. hope it helps.
bartolo

Activity: 1176
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 11:31:22 PM

It's strange because MEW usually calculates the necessary gas and automatically adjusts it before making the transaction, even in the case of sending tokens. Did you try to send ETH or a token?
onemillionusd99

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:53:43 AM

Myethwallet has a lot of trading errors. Main error due to too many transaction volume of servers fail to handle
FLHippy

Activity: 784
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:56:40 AM

So heres my question

Well, it seems like you tried to send some tokens right?
You have to pay higher fees (gas) for this specific transactions, always follow MEW recommendations about amount of gas or you can lose some ETHs.

WHALES HEAVEN
Custody-free Swapping Platform
◈  ────────  Reddit ⬝  BountyWebsiteTelegramTwitterGitHub  ────────  ◈
DabsPoorVersion

Activity: 1246
Merit: 315

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:44:11 PM

So heres my question

check if your token is freeze, because I used 5 gwei and I never experienced even before the way you have experienced recently.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

vlad230

Activity: 616
Merit: 279

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:49:39 PM

I am amazed there are so many replies and no one offered a solution for this to OP...

The best thing you can do is to go to https://ethgasstation.info and check out the gas price you need to allocate for the transaction to go through.

Also, don't forget, anything you allocate as gas over the amount needed will be returned back to you.
kiemnhieutien

Activity: 490
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:36:11 PM

It's because of you set transaction gas to low. And gas price is dynamic, so you can check here https://ethgasstation.info/ before making transaction. But gas price in the website i give you is standard price for normal transaction. If you want fast transactions, set the gas double.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:38:53 PM

-snip-

Guess, there are errors and issues lately transferring some eth to MEW. My friend also complaining about his transactions that are pending with just transferring a eth fund for him to be able to transfer a coin. Last month I have the same issues, I just adjusted my gwei to standard which is 20 but if you want a faster transaction, you can increase the gwei with of course higher fees, too.
PavelMed

Activity: 560
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:15:19 AM

So heres my question

The load on the network has been very high lately. I always put the price of gas at least 20 and do not experience any problems.

▶▶  BTCitcoin 2  ◀◀    Scalable Bitcoin Fork with instant verified payments
██████████████████████████████
Low Fees! Truly Anonymous Transactions Join the discussion thread
pranazzs

Activity: 532
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:18:55 AM

So heres my question

How many Gwei are you using? whether before doing the transaction you see first Gwei is in need at https://ethgasstation.info
What will you transfer Token or Ethereum?
sheila007

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 06:35:40 AM

before making a transaction it is better to check the price of gas in https://ethgasstation.info/ because gas prices also move volatile following the ethereum..there you can find the gas & gwei calculations needed to make a transaction
waser12

Activity: 476

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 06:45:18 AM

Transfer on your MEW no less than 0.02 ETH. This issue can appear because of lack of transaction fee.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: