Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:27:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Releasing of rank in yearly  (Read 677 times)
Akorharrison (OP)

Activity: 399
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 05:24:33 PM
Merited by hh4mmm (1)

Hy all
Sorry to say this over here if I have made a mistake. but have just reasoning if Bitcointalk.org can just do a promo every year by upgrading of ranks, suggesting if any rank will be upgraded the account should get to 5 to 8 months old in bitcointalk.org before upgrading to next rank. Usually from newbies to Jr.member should be normal upgrades and then from Jr.member to any other ranks should be 8months or 10months before upgrading them.

Here are my opinion what do you about this
Please I need your answers let keeps the ranks moving.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MOG247

Activity: 223
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:36:18 PM

What a nice suggestion! It keeps wondering me if I would ever made it to member in this forum let alone ranking to full member or senior member with the kind of upgrading system bitcointalk.org adopts. Where on earth would a member get 100 merits to become a full member when some higher ranked members are stingy of their merits.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1615

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 06:42:37 PM

The Merit system is broken, very few people actually send merit to valuable posts, the vast majority of it gets circulated between old timers who know eachother personally on

the forum, and it doesn't help that most of these guys are on the Bitcoin related forums;

so while altcoin proponents now probably outnumber the Bitcoin maximalists, the merit distribution is disproportionately in favor of Bitcoin sympathizers...

bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 06:45:12 PM

Yeah i agree that new merit system has prohibited new members to gain timely ranks, so it is an excellent and workable suggestion that if an account fails to earn required number of merit points in a year to advance to the next rank, he will be automatically promoted to next rank after one year of activity according to forum rules,
I hope forum administrators and moderators will have serious look over this suggestion and hopefully will implement it.

Dcoollakky247

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:46:10 PM

I support this 100%. Leaving the upgrading of rank to the high ranked in the forum is nothing to write home about. This is where politics comes in. Some high ranked members are so stingy of giving out merit to those who actually merited it with a meaningful post while giving it to a post that doesn't contribute to this forum simply because he knows the ops. We should go back to the old grading system where rank is merited by your activity. That is my take.
yadwoa69

Activity: 107

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:49:37 PM

It will still create spamm in the forum with people duplicating account ,and waiting for months to get upgrade. The merit system is the only way to check bad post and force members to strive harder for rank upgrade
Ayamj

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:49:59 PM

i want my rank to increase oo what should i do
reflector

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:00:33 PM

Hy all
Sorry to say this over here if I have made a mistake. but have just reasoning if Bitcointalk.org can just do a promo every year by upgrading of ranks, suggesting if any rank will be upgraded the account should get to 5 to 8 months old in bitcointalk.org before upgrading to next rank. Usually from newbies to Jr.member should be normal upgrades and then from Jr.member to any other ranks should be 8months or 10months before upgrading them.

All kind of forum related suggestion and doubts you could write the thread on the meta section mate. I would like to suggest to go with the merits system. After we saw the merit system has been enabled we are seeing the reduction of spamming more.

However these idea is good suggestion for the forum structure. Hope your idea will taken care by admin. Before that move this thread to meta section.
Heisenberg_Hunter
Legendary

Activity: 1583
Merit: 1276

Heisenberg Design Services

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 07:03:05 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 09:43:25 AM by Heisenberg_Hunter
Merited by Foxpup (2), LoyceV (1)

What it has to do with the Altcoin Discussion? Move this to Meta.

i want my rank to increase oo what should i do
You are already a Full Member (which you are not worth of) and you made it literally by spamming the forum with one liner shitposts. You can never increase your rank unless you change your posting quality.
 Edit : Since this topic has been moved to Meta, congrats buddy you have made your first post outside your Altcoin spam board

Where on earth would a member get 100 merits to become a full member when some higher ranked members are stingy of their merits.
There are already a handful of quality posters who became Full Members by receiving 100 merits. Try doing research and comment.

but have just reasoning if Bitcointalk.org can just do a promo every year by upgrading of ranks, suggesting if any rank will be upgraded the account should get to 5 to 8 months old in bitcointalk.org before upgrading to next rank.
There are lots of bounty spammers with large number of accounts, if this was implemented they would rise in ranks too...

The number of spam messages haven't decreased so much.
Its because people like you haven't still started posting meaningful posts.

You are being paid for your posts. Why don't you post something really good if you are being paid?
coingrow

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:05:21 PM
Merited by Jet Cash (1)

The new merit system actually encourages people, especially the new and jr member accounts to make more productive comments so the quality should not compromised. However it does not have anyway to control the behavior of high level accounts, so I think they need to figure out something about that as well.

pjusmfox

Activity: 65

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:11:25 PM

I support your view that accounts should be upgraded automatically for more than 6 months. This will not cause the abuse of false accounts. Many newbie have not been upgraded. This will hurt the enthusiasm of new people in the community, and it will be bad for the development of the forum.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

Merit system doesn't encourage me at all. All I see is that the system doesn't work as it was intended. The number of spam messages haven't decreased so much. But to get a higher rank will take almost eternity now.
stronghands4lyfe

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 07:36:59 PM
Merited by omitusaf (1)

The Merit system is broken, very few people actually send merit to valuable posts, the vast majority of it gets circulated between old timers who know eachother personally on

the forum, and it doesn't help that most of these guys are on the Bitcoin related forums;

so while altcoin proponents now probably outnumber the Bitcoin maximalists, the merit distribution is disproportionately in favor of Bitcoin sympathizers...
Pretty much truth although the merit distribution was broken down and a fair amount of them are given in altcoins;sad to say those points are given to thread creators and not content creators. What can you do though, don't complain about the system move on and lead a life that doesn't focus on bitcointalk.org as the nucleus of your day.

cryptonad

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:38:08 PM

Hy all

I support your thoughts. Getting 10 merits to become a Member is so hard though you are posting quality posts. How much more getting 100 merits to become Full member?. To ranked up with existing merit system is really just a dream nowadays. Happy for those early birds on this forum as it is advantage for them. I think merit sytem must be demolished and introduced new ranks in order to top ranked not be overtakes by new comers instead of freezing the ranking system. Distribution of merits is actually unfair as others giving sMerits to their personally known account owner and to those having multiple account gives to themselves.
Vispilio
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1615

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 07:51:50 PM

Pretty much truth although the merit distribution was broken down and a fair amount of them are given in altcoins;sad to say those points are given to thread creators and not content creators. What can you do though, don't complain about the system move on and lead a life that doesn't focus on bitcointalk.org as the nucleus of your day.

Of course Bitcointalk is not the nucleus of anything Smiley, but bear in mind that especially in bullish markets people could make a fortune just out of Bounty Hunting on this website,

and the amounts earned / month were typically higher than even the competitive salaries in many developing countries, so there is tremendous value embedded in this forum,

and enriching talented and intellectual people from disadvantaged nations matches very well with the liberating anarchocapitalistic spirit of CryptoCurrencies.

Spaffin

Activity: 1316
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 08:17:25 PM

It will still create spamm in the forum with people duplicating account ,and waiting for months to get upgrade. The merit system is the only way to check bad post and force members to strive harder for rank upgrade
I see that you already have activity 95 and absolutely no merit. Earlier, before the introduction of the system of merit, you would be able to get the rank of full member in a month. It turns out that you write only low-quality messages, no one has given you any merit. I think, in a few years, when you do not get to the rank of full member, you change your mind about this system of merit.
In general, I have previously thought about this. I waited for people to ripen to such an idea. If someone does not want others to quickly reach high ranks in this forum, you can simply extend the time between ranks. This vseravno will be better than actually prohibit their promotion at all, leaving only loopholes for their own.

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
ATSgrowth

Activity: 924
Merit: 106

homt.net

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:21:09 PM

That is true, also I am afraid of sending merits, because when I send some merit to someone then I'm suspected of multiaccounting...

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
mummybtc

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:43:30 PM

Good suggestion but I think it has majour flaw, there are thousands of account here that have not been opened for years, that means automatically those accounts too would be upgraded to new rank, the recent merit deployed is affecting alot of people  and need to be reviewed but not to this
shilpyh
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 7

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 02:05:38 AM

According to merit system there is no time table to change their rank. If someone have adequate activity count but no merit then he/she will not be fit for upgraded membership. Also if someone has merits but no activity rank then he/she would not be upgraded member. To be upgraded member must need merit as well as activity point. If you have 1000 activity but 0 merit then you will have on jr. membership.

KitToken.net                     
     ▔  Utility * Organic Growth * Sharing  ▔     
dumedoiiph

Activity: 97
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:21:57 AM

~
No, it won't happen at any odds, because your suggestion is totally contrasting the original purposes of Merit System.
I don't think Theymos will take your ideas into consideration at any probabitly.
Merit system launched to keep shitty posters stucked at lower ranks in the forum and has performed well several months after its start.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: