Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:54:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MORREX Inc. Launches Canadian Virtual Currency Exchange Services  (Read 3397 times)
morrex (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2014, 04:53:44 PM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 02:17:11 AM by morrex

http://s22.postimg.org/neczxzshd/logo_1.png

Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, January 27 2014 – Earlier today in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, MORREX Inc., announced the launch of its virtual currency exchange services that will deal with primarily Canadian dollars becoming the first company in Quebec to offer virtual currency exchange services. MORREX Inc. provides a secure, robust and reliable platform where members can buy or sell Bitcoins, Litecoins and Feathercoins, making it easier to exchange Canadian dollars into virtual currency and vice versa.

Virtual Currencies

Since the creation of the Bitcoin in 2009, virtual currencies have facilitated currency transfers through the Internet and its extensive network of computers. Each transaction must be confirmed by at least 6 computers in the network. The virtual currency can then be used to make online purchases at those merchants that accept it as currency.

Rapid Market Growth of Bitcoins in 2013

2013 has proven to be a pivotal year for the industry, as the value of a Bitcoin has risen exponentially, from $13.55 USD just a few years ago to its present value of more than $800 USD.

There are several methods of procuring virtual currencies, one of which is purchasing them through a virtual exchange services company such as MORREX Inc.

There is growing interest and enthusiasm in virtual currencies. For these reasons MORREX Inc. has developed a reliable and secure platform to meet the growing needs of Canadians for virtual currency exchange services throughout the country. MORREX INC. will be the first company to offer bilingual customer support, a first in Canada!  

Security Features

MORREX Inc. offers its users a safe platform, forcing a 2-factor authentication. Users are obliged to use the combination of a password and a personal identification number requiring a four digit data entry procedure using a visual keyboard. MORREX Inc. is protected by SiteLock and its patented 360-degree scanning technology that has been designed to provide the ultimate protection while still being light enough to not affect site performance.

How MORREX Works

Registered users can make transactions on the exchange platform by accessing the website www.morrex.com. From the platform, it is subsequently possible to make deposits and withdrawals, and, with 3 virtual currencies Bitcoin, Litecoins and Feathercoins. To convert its virtual currency in Canadian dollars, multiple payment methods and deposits are accepted, i.e. Interac transfers, checks and bank transfers.

Future Enhancements

Available initially in English, the platform will also be available in French in the near future. Additional currencies are expected to be traded within the coming months.

About MORREX Inc.

MORREX Inc. is a Canadian-owned virtual currency exchange services company located in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. Its 2-factor authentication requires that members enter their passwords and personal identification details for a safe, user-friendly customer experience. In order to offer its members a secure environment, the majority of deposits will be held in cold storage which involves sending Bitcoins to an offline wallet address.

-30-

Public Relations Contact
Bruce Kirby
Silver Maple Communications
514-452-4600

MORREX INC.
www.morrex.com
info@morrex.com
819-200-1260   
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:01:58 PM

Thanks for posting this.
Is there any plans to add additional payment methods?

cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:06:16 PM

cheaper and faster deposits\withdrawals than cavirtex?
feathercoin as third? forget feathercoin.
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:43:18 PM

Thanks for posting this.
Is there any plans to add additional payment methods?

Hi there exstasie,

As of today, we are looking into adding MoneyGram and as additional payment method. We are also looking into other options such as those offered by Taype.

cheaper and faster deposits\withdrawals than cavirtex?
feathercoin as third? forget feathercoin.

Hi there cad_cdn,

Our deposit fees for CAD are currently 2 $ CAD and deposits for Bitcoins, Feathercoins and Litecoins are free.

Normally the deposit time is about 48 hours for Interac and between 7-11 business days for the other CAD deposit methods.

As for the bitcoins, feathercoins and litecoins the deposits are processed in about one hour.

We are looking into adding other alternative coins soon. Please stay tuned.

If there is any other questions, please feel free to ask.  Smiley
cad_cdn

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:46:40 AM

what is the verification process?
are you going to implement google authenticator, or 2 factor authentication
why do I need to register my name and address to deposit and withdraw crypto currency?
(cash from a bank, yes I understand, but btc deposits and withdrawals should be able to be anonymous no?)
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 01:11:37 AM

why do I need to register my name and address to deposit and withdraw crypto currency?
(cash from a bank, yes I understand, but btc deposits and withdrawals should be able to be anonymous no?)

Hi cad_cdn,

The verification process is required only for deposits over 1000 $ and the process is phone verification.
We already have implemented a form of two factor authentication with the keypad and PIN system, but we keep looking at other available technologies to ensure optimal security.

A completed profile is only required for CAD deposits and withdrawals, it is not necessary for cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals.

If you have any other questions, please ask.
cad_cdn

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:14:49 AM

thank you, I will try your service. I will offer a review.

Hi cad_cdn,

The verification process is required only for deposits over 1000 $ and the process is phone verification.
We already have implemented a form of two factor authentication with the keypad and PIN system, but we keep looking at other available technologies to ensure optimal security.

A completed profile is only required for CAD deposits and withdrawals, it is not necessary for cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals.

If you have any other questions, please ask.
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 03:22:50 PM

Looks great man!

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
cad_cdn

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 03:38:04 PM

yesterday - sent a support ticket requesting verification. no response
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 04:12:04 PM

yesterday - sent a support ticket requesting verification. no response

We are going to process verifications requests this afternoon.
cad_cdn

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:07:54 PM

I can confirm morrex indeed is working.
I made a small Canadian bank deposit (interac) and it took about 30 mins to complete from my bank to morrex.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 09:17:43 AM

Seems like an interesting company I'll keep this under observation for Canadian trading
Nice to be almost in the first 1k of users Tongue

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:27:05 PM

I can confirm morrex indeed is working.
I made a small Canadian bank deposit (interac) and it took about 30 mins to complete from my bank to morrex.

Thank you for your review.
hostmaster

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 04:29:25 PM

Looks nice. Canadia better eco system for exchangers most of money exchangers  i know based on Canada actually.
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 04:05:24 AM

Seems like an interesting company I'll keep this under observation for Canadian trading
Nice to be almost in the first 1k of users Tongue

Thank you !
morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

Looks nice. Canadia better eco system for exchangers most of money exchangers  i know based on Canada actually.

Thank you very much !
boumalo
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 06:19:52 PM

I am sending a small amount to test the system but it seems that there is no seller so it will be hard to buy some btc

morrex (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 11:37:59 PM

I am sending a small amount to test the system but it seems that there is no seller so it will be hard to buy some btc

We are working on getting more volume. Smiley

You can still try us out by placing your order.

Thanks
boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 02:27:21 AM

We are working on getting more volume. Smiley

You can still try us out by placing your order.

Thanks

Yes I will as soon as I get money on the website

I will keep you update, the website looks cool and I may be able to get some btc with a discount

boumalo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 10:20:55 PM

Interac is not a deposit option anymore??

Only checks/bank wires

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: