Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:32:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Blade V2 no hash after 10-20mins  (Read 674 times)
mattboldfield (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:08:28 PM

Hi I brought a secondhand Blade V2,
PSU is fine
Cooling is fine
Voltages are fine 1.7 Volt
PC connections are fine
Miner program is fine
Wiring to blade is fine
No X's unless voltages are dropped to 1.5volt then I get only 2 X
Webpage stays up the whole time.

The thing runs for about 10-20 minutes then basically stops hashing.
It then cools, then I restart mining program just to have stop again 10-20 later.
Cooked board? Anyone know?
minerpeabody

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 06:44:14 AM

Hi,

Do you have your board connected to a wireless router?  For some reason, the boards don't seem to play well with them.  (That's my experience at least) At one point, I had 10 boards hashing away but I had to isolate them on their own backend network.

I don't know your setup, but I would recommend putting all of your boards (or even just the one) on an ethernet switch and then possibly connect to your proxy server via a second ethernet card in the server.  In other words, my configuration was a dual homed proxy server running bfg miner with one ethernet adapter connected to my internet service and the other adapter connected to the ethernet switch that the boards were connected to.

Once I isolated the boards on their own backend network, I never had any more problems.

MP
mattboldfield (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:25:13 AM

Its ok now, I have realised if I wait a minute its actually getwork that its stopping and looking for.
It resumes about 30 seconds later, thanks for your reply!
mattboldfield (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 07:42:26 PM

Wait on I just realized it shouldn't be cutting out at all.
My original problem was I thought when it was totally locking up after 10-20 mins, was that it was staying that way, but now I see 30 secs later it gets going again. When it stops and its actually every 19 minutes it says:

INFO proxy getwork_listner._on_authorised # "My Miners Name" 'asks for new work.

Im using a wireless 4 port modem router,but im not on wifi, my pc is on one of the Ethernet ports and the Blade is on another, leaving 2 spare of course. I might try turning off the wireless signal and see what happens.
minerpeabody

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 10:28:36 PM

Wait on I just realized it shouldn't be cutting out at all.
My original problem was I thought when it was totally locking up after 10-20 mins, was that it was staying that way, but now I see 30 secs later it gets going again. When it stops and its actually every 19 minutes it says:

INFO proxy getwork_listner._on_authorised # "My Miners Name" 'asks for new work.

Im using a wireless 4 port modem router,but im not on wifi, my pc is on one of the Ethernet ports and the Blade is on another, leaving 2 spare of course. I might try turning off the wireless signal and see what happens.

That is almost the *exact* configuration I started out with when I experienced problems. It took about a week for me to figure out that I needed to isolate the boards on their own network.  At the high point, I had 10 blades on a 16 port switch.  Now I have 3 (sold the rest), but like I said... I no longer have any problems.

As best as I can illustrate, my configuration looks like:

INTERNET<--->modem<--->(eth0)[computer-running-bfgminer]
                                                         (eth1)<--->netgear-ethernet-switch
                                                                                ^              ^
                                                                                 |               |
                                                                                 v              v
                                                                              blade0  ...  bladeN

I originally went down this path to try to isolate my network issues in the event that something
was either broadcasting or interfering with the other hosts on its subnet.  Basically, all of the
blades are on a 192.168.2.x subnet along with eth1.  The computer running bfgminer is on my
internal internet connected network 192.168.1.x.  This means that bfgminer running in proxy mode can get out to communicate with whichever pool you've assigned it to.  The blades themselves don't need to access the internet directly, they only need to talk to the host running bfgminer.

Since switching to this configuration, the remaining boards have been running without incident. They've even been stable enough that I have developed tools to monitor, configure, and reconfigure them automatically. (I'll probably be releasing the tools for free to the public under a GPL license within the next couple of weeks).

MP

mattboldfield (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 10:00:03 AM

Thanks for your answer minerpeabody! (thumbs up)
I have some parts on flea bay on the way and I will post back whether or not it solves my dilemma.
Looking at your illustration, for a minute I thought I may have time warped and logged into a Trade Wars BBS.
Only joking, its very easy to understand and thx again!
I  have spent days pulling my hair out over this one.
mattboldfield (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2014, 03:34:38 PM

Just an update the network switch did nothing....
It was the pool https://peercoin.ecoining.com all along.
This caused some major headaches I can tell you, but changed pool and NO dropouts whatsoever.
Switch come in handy after all, as I brought some Mercury's. Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: