Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:03:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 👨‍💻[ANN][PRE-ICO]⚡️Cache – Making blockchain usable for all developers & startups⚡️  (Read 1164 times)
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 04:36:23 PM

i cant see the added value above what NEM itself delivers
but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

So, spentak mentioned this above, but we originally considered launching a Catapult network and then launching Cache on it, but we didn't because Catapult doesn't support transaction fees yet and there is also no governance/staking at the moment.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we ourselves had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. Token purchasers wouldn't have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

We are coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.

⚡️Cache: Making blockchain usable for developers and startups⚡️

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
spentak

Activity: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 04:59:29 PM

but i see many aspects where it delivers less then NEM by not use the newest catapult technology

Haha it depends on what you consider "it" to be.

Phase 1 is distributing Cache and building some great tools for our Cache users over the next few months. This has to be on NEM v1 (NIS1). I don't mean to sound presumptuous, but we are rather tired of all the ICOs and "another" blockchain projects. We want to build products and we want to get it in the hands of people now. We want to monetize now, and we want our audience to monetize now. We don't want hype, speculation, or to even be talked about by all the crypto experts on Twitter. We want to build useful tech that we can deliver now and then grow it like a business - we know how to run a business (and be profitable).

Also, we are using NEM v1 and Catapult (NEM v2), not replacing it. We are building layers on top of it. We are some of the biggest NEM fans out there.

Lastly we are a business and startup. Startups move fast, and are very aggressive. Also we are headquartered in the United States. NEM has struggled to make a presence here. We think we can help spread NEM tech to USA with Blockstart. NEM is a foundation and will never be able to move as fast as a business. This is okay and a good thing. So I see what we are doing as needed and I think we have synergy with NEM.

A Common Scenario

To better answer your question, consider this scenario:

"I am a business and know I that I need to decentralize critical data. My customers are calling for it. Also I think assets would be great for my product, allowing users to buy and sell and trade them. I can see ways to monetize on them and grow my business. Unfortunately getting started with blockchain is far too complex. I also don't have the budget to hire expensive blockchain developers".

Ok so we all know this company probably first looked at Ethereum. It likely terrified them. Then let's say they found NEM (which isn't easy to find).

On NEM's website they will see things like:

• multisig
  • smart contracts
  • Eigentrust
  • modular Smart Asset system
  • Proof of Importance

A business unacquainted with blockchain will become confused and overwhelmed. They were interested in serving their business needs, but they were served technical jargon that even their best Javascript developers wouldn't understand.

Now consider even just the current version of https://blockstart.io:

The Sale
So if a business is looking to create their own cryptocurrency for their own purposes, and they find nem.io and blockstart.io - which of those two websites are they likely to try first?

I'm not trashing NEM here, but blockstart will win every time - why? Because we know developers, we know training (how to make them successful), and we understand SaaS and business. NEM is focused on building robust technology, we are focused on getting that tech into into the hands of developers and businesses and we have the power to do it.

NEM is catering to people IN the blockchain ecosystem. Blockstart is focused on everyone outside of that circle.

Final Thoughts

There is no competition with NEM. We can't operate without NEM. We are actually going to help NEM gain more awareness. We move VERY fast.

- Mark (CEO)
ansi

Activity: 882
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:44:07 PM

We are also in the process of developing a bounty program to launch as soon as possible. The VIP Sale is in progress and we plan on announcing a bounty program very soon
Can't wait for the bounty to launch, this project needs such a bounty tbh coz of the long sale period which is not based on SoftCap limit. More exposure will help boosting the sales of the ICO for sure.

The total supply is a bit high (medium high) but since there is no SoftCap limit, i suppose it can be sold during the ICO period with the right marketing (bounty) strategies.

Good luck again.
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 08:25:05 PM

We are also in the process of developing a bounty program to launch as soon as possible. The VIP Sale is in progress and we plan on announcing a bounty program very soon
Can't wait for the bounty to launch, this project needs such a bounty tbh coz of the long sale period which is not based on SoftCap limit. More exposure will help boosting the sales of the ICO for sure.

The total supply is a bit high (medium high) but since there is no SoftCap limit, i suppose it can be sold during the ICO period with the right marketing (bounty) strategies.

Good luck again.

Glad you're excited about the bounty program! It will be fun to see how people contribute and spread the word. 😁 Thanks for the support. Feel free to ask any questions here.

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:41:23 PM

They have partners but where can we see the team members? Did you just forget to publish that in your website or you're not yet ready to disclose them?

You can see our entire team on the home page:
https://getcache.io/

We have no advisors. We are a tight team who has been working and coding together for quite some time.

We are an established California company (see Articles of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=201616210341-20862558)

We are working with partner companies to integrate our SDK to accept Cache asap.

Thanks! See them already. Seems that everything is good to go here. Hope more and more students will learn how to code thru your team. Best wishes for your project!
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 10:09:46 PM

They have partners but where can we see the team members? Did you just forget to publish that in your website or you're not yet ready to disclose them?

You can see our entire team on the home page:
https://getcache.io/

We have no advisors. We are a tight team who has been working and coding together for quite some time.

We are an established California company (see Articles of Incorporation: https://businesssearch.sos.ca.gov/Document/RetrievePDF?Id=201616210341-20862558)

We are working with partner companies to integrate our SDK to accept Cache asap.

Thanks! See them already. Seems that everything is good to go here. Hope more and more students will learn how to code thru your team. Best wishes for your project!

You're welcome! Thanks a ton. 😁 Appreciate the support.

benreustorm

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:28:00 PM

So are there any target developer demographics for your token? Are you going for mobile development, web, games, what?
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:00:23 AM

So are there any target developer demographics for your token? Are you going for mobile development, web, games, what?

Definitely! We currently have a JavaScript SDK that lets you use Cache wherever JavaScript is implemented and you can see that here: https://github.com/cache-official/cache-typescript-sdk

We're also really excited to develop iOS (Swift), Android (Kotlin), and Unity SDKs for Blockstart so that developers in those realms can utilize blockchain tech.

The developers and startups outside of the blockchain world that would benefit from blockchain technology are our focus here.

gobisirom

Activity: 436
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:52:39 AM

This project is very cool and the project provides a very detailed and regular discussion, can not wait for the bounty program from this project. Wink Grin
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 04:06:22 AM

This project is very cool and the project provides a very detailed and regular discussion, can not wait for the bounty program from this project. Wink Grin

Thanks! Glad you're excited. We will have news shortly announcing our bounty program. Which bounty services are you most interested in?

thedigitalvoyage

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:59:05 AM

I'm really excited for Cache  Smiley I'm just curious can you guys give a bit more insight on open sourcing the Devslopes platform to the world?

For example, it's a mooc project to teach the others how to code or only the platform? Also, are there any plans for Cache mining or harvesting?    
spentak

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:18:50 PM

I'm really excited for Cache  Smiley I'm just curious can you guys give a bit more insight on open sourcing the Devslopes platform to the world?

For example, it's a mooc project to teach the others how to code or only the platform? Also, are there any plans for Cache mining or harvesting?    

So Devslopes platform will go open source, and then become decentralized.

Open Source

We will open source the front-end which is an Electron App written in React + TypeScript + GraphQL

We will open source the back-end which is Node, Express, TypeScript + GraphQL

This means any company can launch their own video platform/learning app - they just need to plug in their own video content.

This means that the community can vote on features to build into the main platform, and then they can build it.

Devslopes Decentralized

Currently Devslopes stores video on Vimeo. Vimeo is blocked in many countries (and Youtube and AWS).

We are going to decentralize video. We are prototyping ProximaX right now for this. Basically you would choose what videos to download, download them, and then can watch them. Delete videos from the platform when you no longer want to watch them.

We also want to decentralize meta data.

We will be one of the first major learning platforms to be 100% fully decentralized and censorship resistant.
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:59:13 PM

See spentaks message above but regarding the harvesting, Cache can be harvested by nodes and we’re actually making changes to how harvesting works in a Proof-of-Importance Blockchain so that it’s more regularly harvested.

Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:20:21 PM

So, spentak mentioned this above, but we originally considered launching a Catapult network and then launching Cache on it, but we didn't because Catapult doesn't support transaction fees yet and there is also no governance/staking at the moment.

If we used Catapult we would have had to make sure we ourselves had a stable network and somehow convince users to host nodes - all without harvesting and incentives. Token purchasers wouldn't have felt comfortable buying tokens on Catapult yet.

We are coding every day on Blockstart (which is using Catapult) and working also on nem2-sdk.

Interesting approach of the project. I like the idea of opening up the Catapult blockchain to a lot of developer of develops. But it´s actually quite hard to see the full idea behind the project especially in regards of the usage of the NEM Blockchain. The built functions are open source but working on a separate blockchain and not as a layer on NEM right?

And what will happen with the unsold tokens in the token sale, since its not planned to burn them right?
spentak

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:29:04 PM

Interesting approach of the project. I like the idea of opening up the Catapult blockchain to a lot of developer of develops. But it´s actually quite hard to see the full idea behind the project especially in regards of the usage of the NEM Blockchain. The built functions are open source but working on a separate blockchain and not as a layer on NEM right?

And what will happen with the unsold tokens in the token sale, since its not planned to burn them right?

Remaining Tokens

Remaining tokens will be sold at a higher price (undetermined just yet) after the public sale ends. You will be able to buy Cache tokens at https://getcache.io until they are gone.

The Plan

• In the short term Cache and some of the SDKs will use NEM1 public blockchain
  • Then Blockstart B2B launches. Completed with SDKs and a blockchain network creation dashboard. Sales for that start immediately after v1 is ready
  • Then Blockstart public blockchain launches. Using same SDKs as the B2B blockchain, except using Cache as its underlying token and monetization model
  • Cache tokens will be transferrable from NEM1 to Blockstart over time
  • Blockstart B2B will accept as forms of payment: XEM, Cache, USD/Local Currency, Coinbase, Stellar

chuckgray

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 01:36:45 AM

Pretty exciting projects on the horizon. But why should I buy cache? And will there be a way developers can earn cache in the future? Thanks!
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 05:56:03 AM

Pretty exciting projects on the horizon. But why should I buy cache? And will there be a way developers can earn cache in the future? Thanks!

Cache can be used to buy Devslopes programming courses and will power the Blockstart and Cacheout platforms. Cacheout is a way developers can earn Cache while also helping people answer code questions. More on that in the whitepaper.

ozie

Activity: 239
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:52:59 AM
Merited by gentlemand (2)

Lastly we are a business and startup. Startups move fast, and are very aggressive.

You forgot the second half of the sentence. "We move fast, and break things". That is how startups advertise nowadays.
Maybe not the best approach when dealing with blockchain technology and other people's money raised through an ICO.

Your planned changes to the harvesting mechanism for example would tamper with a crucial component to secure the network.
Why would you think that you can do this better than NEM devs who already have years of experience in this field  Huh
Nyur

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:50:46 AM

Hello! Do you plan to use KYC procedure at your ICO or it will be fully anonymised?
gurucaleb (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 07:55:37 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 05:00:43 AM by gurucaleb

Hello! Do you plan to use KYC procedure at your ICO or it will be fully anonymised?

Yes, we have KYC through Coinbase and are implementing some other KYC forms etc

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: