Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:40:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Project Illumine - Decentralized Education Platform  (Read 115 times)
Project Illumine (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:38:32 PM

Project Illumine is a revolutionary blockchain-powered decentralized education platform that aims to build a global network of thousands of universities all around the world, help education reach the unprivileged and establish education as a human right. The platform will offer accredited online courses from accredited universities around the world and the blockchain will streamline the credit transfer process. Think of it as spider’s web, imagine all the universities in the world under a single network, operating as one global education platform. This will decentralize the degree and provide any individual with just a computer and an internet connection access to quality education. The global network will not only provide quality courses from universities but also significantly reduce average global costs of education as tuition rates significantly vary among countries. The blockchain will also eliminate third party evaluators by using the blockchain to transfer credits between universities and save significant amount of money for students. Eventually the long-term plan is to grow a student community all around the world and get accredited by accredited educational organizations which will allow us to eventually provide micro-degrees to students using a mixture of courses from different universities.

*Please note we do not wish to provide courses prepared by us or just any organization, we wish to build a network of accredited courses from accredited universities around the world.

A different way to look at this is, the network of accredited universities will lower the global average cost of obtaining a degree. For example, a 3-credit course in some of the countries in South-East Asia is around $200, its around $300 in India, less than $200 in most African countries where as the same 3-credit course in USA is outrageously around $1000. These low tuition rates will lower the global average cost of obtaining a degree when everything will be under one single network. An hypothesis of the idea is, if a student from a developed country with high tuition rates take 30 credits online from universities in developing countries and transfer the credit back to the university they are studying, they can end up saving more than $15000 on the overall expenditure for a degree. The blockchain platform will be able to streamline the process of credit transfers easily. This will provide students with an opportunity to become educated without having to stress about student loans.

The platform will also include features such as crypto digital identity and digital transcript, digital products and learning solutions, digital library, study guides repository and student lounge, assessment and evaluation of credits and more.

This is just a very basic outline of the project and in depth details are mentioned in the whitepaper which is yet to be published. More information about the project can be found on www.projectillumine.com

This project is currently administered by one person and I'm still undecided on whether to do an ICO(which is an option entirely due to lack of funds) and raise money for the project or to try and develop the project as an open source project entirely with the help of the community without doing an ICO. The main purpose of the post is to get community feedback and check the viability of the idea. Feedback are encouraged, positive and as well as negative. If anything is unclear, please don't hesitate to ask questions.
PhilBitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:55:14 PM

You say administered by one person?

Do you mean you only have 1 person developing it?
Project Illumine (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:26:24 PM

You say administered by one person?

Do you mean you only have 1 person developing it?

Yes, the project is still in its very early stages. And due to lack of funds, the growth has been very stagnant. So. I'm looking for suggestions to the crypto community how to further the progress. As of now, only one person is behind the project.
PhilBitcoin

Activity: 22

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 05:33:05 PM

Do you have skype? I'd like to discuss this with you :-).
Atalta

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 11, 2019, 02:56:38 PM

To create such a platform was a great idea. This makes the circulation of money much easier, which is good both for students and for universities, there is not this paperwork.  Only recently, I became interested in cryptocurrency, and since we need to write a research paper at the university, I chose this topic for myself. Thanks to this article I can make some corrections because I wrote it myself, but usually, I am looking for someone to write my essay because I do not like this scribbling and here there is a lot of useful information for writing any work. I hope in the near future more people will know about this platform and most importantly, they will understand how easy and convenient it is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: