Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:58:04 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 7970 MAXIMUM KH/S ONLY 600???? *****1000 DOGECOIN REWARD****  (Read 6166 times)
TheQueen74

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 11:58:54 PM

any reason why -i 13 and not -i 20?

I get 650khs on my 7950, but if I do -i 13 my khs is significantly lower

i13 is too low for 7950s. On my 5x 7950 MSI TF3 rig I use i19 as i20 gives too much rejected shares. But on this thread we are talking about 7970 and settings are totally different

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
evovi (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:41:41 AM

as stated in first post "as soon as I change any of the following my kh/s drops alot.........higher intensity"

i13 is too low for 7950s. On my 5x 7950 MSI TF3 rig I use i19 as i20 gives too much rejected shares. But on this thread we are talking about 7970 and settings are totally different

and yes you are right. I have another mining pc with a 7950, and I run it at I 19. and as you mentioned we are talking about a 7970, and it doesnt like anything above I 13
Silvano

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:45:00 AM

nice hash rate, but.. how many wolts?
i run a 7950 undervolted at 1.049, and it run stable @556kh/s for a consumtion of 188w (only the card) 265 at the wall.

so i'm trying to reach best result Khs/watt, actually i'm around 2.96khs per watt, but i think it can do better.

for OP you search best performance in Khashr or best profit?

for best profit, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395004.60

EDIT: if i run "-g 1" command, i have best results in hashrate at I 19, I 20 few more hashrate but lot of reject, I 21 and above khash drop a lot.  if i run "-g 2" command, i have best result at I 13, oll the others hashs drop. have a sapphire hd 7950 cod. 11196-19-20g

EAC: eStpUnXdAACnB8mntosy1H3yiumrFwUdYU  DOGE: DQvMVeWDzetrbcYU7FFrg9Q9KEcDTeQLm2
LOT: M5qBdb43nj53Jjjf8Ci95dgQzoUriQiKDv     MOON: 2UNbhV3RUdFNRiK6wWop6gPawM9xGbbaEn
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 01:02:20 AM

i know he is using a 7970, just wondered, but he has clarified.

i am running stock volts and 1075/1500
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 05:40:39 AM

for best profit, see this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395004

yesssss, I was about to suggest that, too :-)  Thanks Silvano.

I almost physically crawled into my XFX 7970 ... and it's all documented there.
Would be interesting to see for me, how similar/different a sapphire 7970 is.

Happy mining!

---
 P.S.: Let's spread the word, imagine the altcoin network starts saving 1/4, 1/3 or even 1/2 of electricity.

no sign of a signature
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 06:04:45 AM

have you tried using sgminer yet? i just switched a rig over to it tonight and I am now getting 670khs on my 7950

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1va8g2/ann_sgminer_400_release/
Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 12:27:35 PM

Try these settings, they work for me on my Gigabyte R9 280x (rebranded 7970) and I get 720-730kh/s with 0 to very low HW errors/rejects

--scrypt -o stratum+tcp://Pool:Port -u Miner -p password -g 2 -w 256 -I 13 --lookup-gap 2 --thread-concurrency 8192 --gpu-engine 1055 --gpu-memclock 1500

You should be hitting over 700kh/s with those settings mate Wink

If not adjust your GPU Engine & Memclock to your cards settings if different to above.

(Use with either cgminer or BFGminer)
TheQueen74

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2014, 03:48:18 PM

my bios is 015.012.000.004.000346  if you can recommend a particular bios i should try let me know. and i will try flashing it using a bootable usb stick, atiwinflash has worked in the past for me. but maybe i got lucky? cant brick my cards dual bios  Cool

I would try Sapphire.HD7970.3072.120926.rom with the settings and howto I posted before. Let me know what you get, it's something I'm interested in. Also remember you have a switch on the card whitch let you chose between 2 positions for flashing (switching it back permits to 'unbrick' the card because you switch to the standard stock bios).

Considering what has been said about undervolting the 7970s, I would say from my experience that you cannot have high kHs and low consuptions ont those cards (7950 can). I tried to undervolt Sapphire VaporX 7970 (I modified Sapphire.HD7970.3072.120926.rom to 1,081V ) but you instantly get something instable in  hashrates > 600kHs.

MINING-POOL.CO.UK [0% fees, SSL, PROP/PPLNS] : NYANCOIN - MICROCOIN - DOGECOIN - CATCOIN
evovi (OP)

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 10:02:12 PM

my bios is 015.012.000.004.000346  if you can recommend a particular bios i should try let me know. and i will try flashing it using a bootable usb stick, atiwinflash has worked in the past for me. but maybe i got lucky? cant brick my cards dual bios  Cool

I would try Sapphire.HD7970.3072.120926.rom with the settings and howto I posted before. Let me know what you get, it's something I'm interested in. Also remember you have a switch on the card whitch let you chose between 2 positions for flashing (switching it back permits to 'unbrick' the card because you switch to the standard stock bios).

Considering what has been said about undervolting the 7970s, I would say from my experience that you cannot have high kHs and low consuptions ont those cards (7950 can). I tried to undervolt Sapphire VaporX 7970 (I modified Sapphire.HD7970.3072.120926.rom to 1,081V ) but you instantly get something instable in  hashrates > 600kHs.

Thanks..... i tried flashing the bios you mentioned, flashed successfully in DOS. But the card doesn't like the bios and failed to boot. So i flashed the stock bios back. Can you suggest another bios to try?
drakoin

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

see my profile

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 12:27:57 AM

Can you suggest another bios to try?

Yes. Make your own. Take the original BIOS, and tweak it, e.g. with VBE7.

Strategy described the green banner here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=395004.msg4500529#msg4500529

HTH
:-)

no sign of a signature
TheQueen74

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 12:29:41 AM

Thanks..... i tried flashing the bios you mentioned, flashed successfully in DOS. But the card doesn't like the bios and failed to boot. So i flashed the stock bios back. Can you suggest another bios to try?

OK I found something which should do the trick in the bunch of my bookmarks :
https://www.weminecryptos.com/forum/topic/1080-low-hash-7970-please-help/?p=7219

Also when you search for problems on a particular card you should use its reference like 21197-00-40G in ggl.

700KH is on the way

Silvano

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:54:00 PM

have you tried using sgminer yet? i just switched a rig over to it tonight and I am now getting 670khs on my 7950

http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1va8g2/ann_sgminer_400_release/
i use sgminer too.

can you post your file conf and watt usage for this 7950's results?

EAC: eStpUnXdAACnB8mntosy1H3yiumrFwUdYU  DOGE: DQvMVeWDzetrbcYU7FFrg9Q9KEcDTeQLm2
LOT: M5qBdb43nj53Jjjf8Ci95dgQzoUriQiKDv     MOON: 2UNbhV3RUdFNRiK6wWop6gPawM9xGbbaEn
evovi (OP)

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:47:45 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2014, 07:27:14 PM by evovi

OK I found something which should do the trick in the bunch of my bookmarks :
https://www.weminecryptos.com/forum/topic/1080-low-hash-7970-please-help/?p=7219

Also when you search for problems on a particular card you should use its reference like 21197-00-40G in ggl.

700KH is on the way

Hmm very interesting...... I flashed the 280x bios and the card works fine but...... im having some problems with the drivers  Cry . I installed the exact amd drivers he mentioned and AMD catalyst just says failed to load drivers. If i switch back to stock bios AMD catalyst starts and works as normal. I have a 2nd PC I might chuck the card in that and see what happens

EDIT: tried the card in my 2nd pc, exact same problem. without any drivers it boots to windows fine, but after installing AMD drivers it blue screen's on boot.

x2 EDIT: found this fourm http://www.overclock.net/t/1433293/flash-7970-to-r9-280x-bios/80     seems im not alone with this problem and it seems that a reference 7970 cant be flash with a 280x bios, If you have a non reference 7970 then you can flash a 280x bios....... and yes i have a reference 7970  Cry
TheQueen74

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2014, 09:40:36 PM

Wow , we have very bad luck with this card. It seems you 'll have to learn a little bit of linux. Also I would suggest you contact the other guy from the weminecryptos forum as it seems he own the same 21197-00 card as yours (see https://www.weminecryptos.com/forum/topic/1080-low-hash-7970-please-help/?p=6718)

Is your card a 21197-00-40G

Wipeout2097

Activity: 840
Merit: 255

SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 12:52:28 AM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 02:20:28 AM by Wipeout2097

This is going on for too long, and you risk killing your card with unnapropriate BIOSes, not to speak about the peace of mind you're losing. People posting random stuff for the sake of a bounty doesn't help either. I'm going to say this for the last time: go and post on this thread: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.0 Donate him your 1000 Doge and post your ORIGINAL bios.

Wait and grab your modded bios, edit the voltage to, say, 1081 mV with: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vbe7-vbios-editor-for-radeon-hd-7000-series-cards.189089/. Or better yet, look into drakoin's undervolting/power saving thread. Donate him some doge too.

Then go to the link mentioned above, pick sgminer and those .bin files on the top comment: http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1va8g2/ann_sgminer_400_release/

Copy those bins to the sgminer folder and either use on your config:

"thread-concurrency" : "24000",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"intensity": "20"

or

"thread-concurrency" : "8192",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"intensity": "13"

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██▀       ▀█       ▀████████████        ▀█         █▀       ▀██
██   ▀██▄▄▄█   ██   ████████████   ███   ████   ████   ▀██▄▄▄██
███▄     ▀██       ▄████████████       ▄█████   █████▄     ▀███
██▀▀▀██▄   █   █████████████████   █▄  ▀█████   ████▀▀▀██▄   ██
██▄       ▄█   █████████████████   ██▄  ▀████   ████▄       ▄██
██       ██▀      ▀█████████████    ▀██   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▄██▄   ████████████     ▀█   █████████████████████
████   ███   ████████   ████   █   ▄  ▀   █████████████████████
████   ███   ▀██▀   █   ████   █   █▄     █████████████████████
██       ██▄      ▄███        ██   ██▄    █████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
evovi (OP)

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 05:49:50 AM

This is going on for too long, and you risk killing your card with unnapropriate BIOSes, not to speak about the peace of mind you're losing. People posting random stuff for the sake of a bounty doesn't help either. I'm going to say this for the last time: go and post on this thread: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=12369.0 Donate him your 1000 Doge and post your ORIGINAL bios.

Wait and grab your modded bios, edit the voltage to, say, 1081 mV with: http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/vbe7-vbios-editor-for-radeon-hd-7000-series-cards.189089/. Or better yet, look into drakoin's undervolting/power saving thread. Donate him some doge too.

Then go to the link mentioned above, pick sgminer and those .bin files on the top comment: http://www.reddit.com/r/litecoinmining/comments/1va8g2/ann_sgminer_400_release/

or

you sir have saved me!!! thanks to The Stilt I now have a modded bios and Im getting 749kh/s!!! I doubt I would have found that post without your help! if you want some dogecoin sent your way send me your address Smiley
Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:33:47 PM

or

you sir have saved me!!! thanks to The Stilt I now have a modded bios and Im getting 749kh/s!!! I doubt I would have found that post without your help! if you want some dogecoin sent your way send me your address Smiley
Nice. Now, did you set a low voltage on the bios with VBE7, e.g. 1081 mV or even 1050? Did you download the optimized .bin files?

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████                                                             ████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████          ████████████████                                 ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
TheQueen74

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 02:44:10 PM

@Wipeout2097 : Wow, that's a real usefull link ; I can just applause; I'll try to get more from my GPUs too.

@evovi : Sorry my help was not as usefull as Wipeout2097 ; And now : Happy Mining

_TheQueen74

Wipeout2097

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:50:53 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2014, 08:25:20 PM by Wipeout2097

@Wipeout2097 : Wow, that's a real usefull link ; I can just applause; I'll try to get more from my GPUs too.
Please donate upfront to TheStilt for the service. Don't burden him/his thread with what is unnecessary either. I now remember him from old days (some online articles and forums), he is a fantastic human being and hardware expert. IMHO we're very lucky he joined the coin mining community.

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████

██████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████████████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
███████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
evovi (OP)

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:55:49 AM

@evovi : Sorry my help was not as usefull as Wipeout2097 ; And now : Happy Mining

_TheQueen74

@TheQueen74 No dont be like that! you were helpful! and thanks for your suggestions, We never know what might fix a problem until you have tried them all Smiley

Please donate upfront to TheStilt for the service. Don't burden him/his thread with what is unnecessary either. I now remember him from old days (some online articles and forums), he is a fantastic human being and hardware expert. IMHO we're very lucky he joined the coin mining community.

@ Wipeout2097 Thanks again and i did donate 2000 doge to TheStilt as soon as he helped me out yesterday. Your right he is a awesome person!!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: