Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:36:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] VaultBar - Hybrid BTC & ETH storage bar!  (Read 20948 times)
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:41:47 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2019, 11:51:08 AM by AT101ET
Merited by Flying Hellfish (10), krogothmanhattan (5), minerjones (2), wttbs (2), OgNasty (1), Hhampuz (1), TheBeardedBaby (1), frankbitcoin (1), Zepher (1)

Helllllooooo all!
I can't believe it! The day has finally arrived! It's been a long time coming, but I am both humbled and delighted to introduce the VaultBar.
This started off as a hobby that soon turned into an actual project which has come to fruition with thanks to a number of members on and off of this forum. Without their help, input and support, I'd have long given up on this project given the multiple failures and setbacks endured throughout.
But, that's not important. Because. Today. It. Is. Ready. And I'm absolutely thrilled!;D

So enough blabber, Here are the deets you want:

Specifications:
Bar dimensions: 5.7 x 10 x 0.8 (cm)
Bar weight: 270g
Material: 24k gold plated alloy

Artwork (Reverse and Obverse): Both sides are similar with subtle changes. The bar features a detailed border around the edges and corners directing the focus of attention to the centre of the image. They are the curtains that set the stage, inviting you to one of the greatest match-ups you have/will ever see. On one side you have the mighty BTC landing a knockout blow to the inferior USD whilst the ETH takes on the EUR in a similar duel.
The crowd can be seen beneath the stage cheering the fighters on whilst the match lineup and stats are shown for each fighter.  
The bottom of the bar reads: PLACE YOUR BETS - inviting you to join in on the fun, sit back and watch as history is written.

Hologram: The hologram features an outer border with a number of gears and mechanisms representing security. Around the window that displays the key is a border that represents the digital nature and expanding network of digital currencies. When light catches the hologram from the right angle, you will also be able to make out the words VaultBar with some stacked bars on each side of it.

Details:
Price: $75 $60
Packaging: Foam bag in padded envelope
Holograms: 6 (per bar)
Mintage: Less than 150 (exact number TBC)
Payment: BTC, ETH, LTC, XMR and VIA
Please PM for orders.

Shipping:
Shipping is from the UK.
Shipping costs depend on quantity and location.
For US orders, shipping will be handled by MJ (minerjones) who will calculate individual shipping costs. This will be much more cost-effective (cheaper) for those living across the pond. - After an order is placed, I will ship the bars to MJ who will arrange domestic delivery.
For UK and EU delivery details, please PM for a quote.

Escrow accepted at buyer's cost.

Pics:

https://imgur.com/a/sjgTab6

Please note that due to the nature of the bar (design) and the extent of the manufacturing process involved; no 2 bars are identical. All have some differences in finish/plating. I have looked at each bar individually and removed those that aren't of a high enough standard given the manufacturing process involved. Small bumps/creases are to be expected and add character. This bar is both a piece of art and a showpiece. Whilst some of you may not like to get it grubby/smudged with fingerprints, others would be happy to have this lying on their desk as a conversational piece. In either case, I want you to make it your bar, to enjoy it, and to let it tell its own (and your) story.

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 5954

Meh.

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:50:41 AM

Congratulations on an awesome release AT! This really looks incredible and I can see that you've spent a lot of time working it all out. Super happy for you and I'm glad to see more people entering the creating space here.

I would like one bar please! Sending you a PM!

Spazzer

Activity: 1081
Merit: 309

I love technology.

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 12:55:03 AM

Great job on the design I really like it.

PHYSIBIT, MANTIS CRYPTOS & CRYPTO QUILTS - The best and most trusted places to shop for physical bitcoins and more!!
bavicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 1848
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 05:21:24 AM

Nice job, I’d like to take one Smiley

The only way is up ~bavicrypto
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:54:16 AM

Wow awesome bar ! like the design, job well done. send you a pm
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:19:09 AM

Thanks all. Big shoutout to BTS (bigtimespaghetti) for his invaluable input Smiley
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:19:29 PM

Pm sent.  Really, really cool looking bar, I love the artwork!  I hope I can get one! 

I know that you can't mention every country for shipping but can us Canadians "ride the coat tails of our American cousins" (like we usually do LOL) for shipping?
ThatRandomDude
Copper Member

Activity: 149
Merit: 15

Thales knew

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:48:10 AM

Awesome, they look great! I assume you don't number them (on the bars), right?

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 12:52:42 AM

shut up....and take my money pls

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 05:58:15 AM

Looking good without a several-dozen-fold margin on production cost. It would be nice to have a silver (non gold plated) option too.

-snip-
Snowman, absolutely buy some for us.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:54:42 AM

I did not. I experimented with numbering with the sampling but I felt that it looked tacky so opted against it. Having been said, there were 150 made but a number of them are being held back due to their quality. I’m yet to decide what to do with them but I am considering hammering them into pancakes  Cheesy
Ticked

Activity: 1526
Merit: 473

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:39:19 AM

I did not. I experimented with numbering with the sampling but I felt that it looked tacky so opted against it. Having been said, there were 150 made but a number of them are being held back due to their quality. I’m yet to decide what to do with them but I am considering hammering them into pancakes  Cheesy

1 shortstack please. Side of home fries.
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:46:01 PM

Looking good without a several-dozen-fold margin on production cost. It would be nice to have a silver (non gold plated) option too.

-snip-
Snowman, absolutely buy some for us.

The thought crossed my mind.
I think these would look nice in silver too. However, even if it were to happen, it won't happen before a) these sell out or b) enough people commit to a small run for them as each runs is costly.

1 shortstack please. Side of home fries.

Haha. Now if only I could find a hydraulic press lying around. I have some power tools here which may be a more reasonable resort. Either way, I'll document the destruction and post it on here Smiley
I'm contemplating ordering some chemicals and sprays to have fun with different rustic finishes (patina and the like).
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:53:15 PM

Packaging the US orders now for shipment tomorrow.. If anyone else from the states wants to jump in then PM me Smiley
F1x7crypto

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 12:37:57 PM

Can't wait for the bar.

Ps I've got a press you can use  :p
F1x7crypto

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:09:12 PM

Thanks for everything. Sorry, I can't reply to your PM cause I'm limited to 2 a day... I have access to a hydraulic press was what I was referring too. Again thank you.
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 12:42:25 AM

All orders were shipped on Friday and relevant tracking has been PMed. US shipment went out too Smiley
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1756

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:19:05 AM

All orders were shipped on Friday and relevant tracking has been PMed. US shipment went out too Smiley

Thanks mate, Looking forward to getting mine!
AT101ET (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:44:03 PM

Here’s a quick assembly video. Might be worthwhile to reshoot one in the future but this should do in the meantime. https://youtu.be/Bdx9nVDK4r4
Still have plenty of bars available for sale.
tweetious

Activity: 1960
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 07:04:53 AM

Here’s a quick assembly video. Might be worthwhile to reshoot one in the future but this should do in the meantime. https://youtu.be/Bdx9nVDK4r4
Still have plenty of bars available for sale.

/lazy mode on

Could you please share the "squares" template (or at least indicate the size of each square), in order to create the keys and print them in the appropriate size?

/lazy mode off  

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: