Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:01:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sent 1.5M DOGE to DGC address on BTER.COM (Happy Ending!!!)  (Read 3251 times)
dingoKoin (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 06:07:05 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 08:22:50 PM by dingoKoin

this dgc address is exist as doge addreshaves,so the question is who own this address,is the bter?as i know,some bter issues just because you guys dont know chinese,just language problem.exactly like chinese dude have some problems in english website.and actuly,i helped lots of people get  them problem solved,you just say chinese to chinese website ,say english to english website.

i think bter is better than i thought because they always helpful when i ask them for help in chinese.but some english website like cryptsy just not so good.cryptsy holding my IFC for some days,support says it will be solved soon yesterday,they were lying.now,i just trust more bter than cryptsy.

if bter own the address ,maybe i could help,if you will.

Hi warmking. Thanks for your message and your proposal. Actually nobody owns the address yet (it's just one of billions of potential addresses). But bter *could* easily own the address by (see first post):

1) exporting the private key from the DGC wallet (dumppriv key __address__)
2) import the private key into the doge wallet (importprivkey __generated_key__)

like this:

• on DGC wallet:
    • walletpassphrase __passphrase__ 120
    • dumpprivkey __address__
  • on DOGE wallet:
    • walletpassphrase __passphrase__ 120
    • importprivkey __generated_key__

I'd be grateful if you could help and perhaps send a word in Chinese to their support line. If I recuperate my coins through your help I'll give you a generous reward. I'll send you my bter username in PM.

Thanks again for your assistance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dingoKoin (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:05:05 PM

Happy epilogue to an imbroglio

freeworm, the BTER representative on this forum, just announced me a brief (but oh so relieving) PM: Processed!!

The BTER-team has recuperated the DOGE that I had mistakenly sent to my DGC address. They have performed the fix (specified in OP) on their wallets and sent the DOGE back to my account. I couldn't help letting out a howl of joy at my office desk at work.

My DOGE have been in limbo for close to a month and not a day had passed by where I had not thought about them with a sense of remorse and guilt. I had lost them at a time when BTER and the whole "Middle Kingdom" were preparing the Chinese New Year. If I was not aware before of the importance of that festival in China, now I know it is much more important than our own New Year celebration! The festivities in China last for over a week, during which hardly anybody works! My requests and supplications met a Chinese wall of rebuttal. After a first wave of frustration and anger, I realized I had  the wrong approach and state of mind. After all, I didn't want revenge, I wanted my coins back. I understood that I had to be persevering and patient.

So here we are, close to a month later, and I'm a rich shibe again. BTER has generously declined any kind of reward. I will give the reward I had offered them to some initiative on http://foundation.dogecoin.com/.

I would like to warmly thank the BTER support team and freeworm. They have now also separated the DGC and DOGE wallets by a safe distance on the user's balance sheet, so it is much less likely that someone else will make the same mistake I made. Other than this regretful episode, I had always found BTER a more responsive and user-friendly exchange than the others I had been using. I will continue to use them as my platform of choice. I had never encountered the usual quirks I met elsewhere (endless deposit and withdrawal times, negative balances, ... - you know who I'm talking about Wink )

I've exchanged messages with somebody who was in the same situation as I was but on another trading platform, Cryptsy. For the moment they have refused to help him, but I hope that, inspired by this precedent set by BTER, they will change their minds and offer this user the support to which he is entitled.

Thanks again to BTER and also a big thank you to warmking who has interceded for me in Chinese.

byt411

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 05:31:45 PM

Happy epilogue to an imbroglio

freeworm, the BTER representative on this forum, just announced me a brief (but oh so relieving) PM: Processed!!

The BTER-team has recuperated the DOGE that I had mistakenly sent to my DGC address. They have performed the fix (specified in OP) on their wallets and sent the DOGE back to my account. I couldn't help letting out a howl of joy at my office desk at work.

My DOGE have been in limbo for close to a month and not a day had passed by where I had not thought about them with a sense of remorse and guilt. I had lost them at a time when BTER and the whole "Middle Kingdom" were preparing the Chinese New Year. If I was not aware before of the importance of that festival in China, now I know it is much more important than our own New Year celebration! The festivities in China last for over a week, during which hardly anybody works! My requests and supplications met a Chinese wall of rebuttal. After a first wave of frustration and anger, I realized I had  the wrong approach and state of mind. After all, I didn't want revenge, I wanted my coins back. I understood that I had to be persevering and patient.

So here we are, close to a month later, and I'm a rich shibe again. BTER has generously declined any kind of reward. I will give the reward I had offered them to some initiative on http://foundation.dogecoin.com/.

I would like to warmly thank the BTER support team and freeworm. They have now also separated the DGC and DOGE wallets by a safe distance on the user's balance sheet, so it is much less likely that someone else will make the same mistake I made. Other than this regretful episode, I had always found BTER a more responsive and user-friendly exchange than the others I had been using. I will continue to use them as my platform of choice. I had never encountered the usual quirks I met elsewhere (endless deposit and withdrawal times, negative balances, ... - you know who I'm talking about Wink )

I've exchanged messages with somebody who was in the same situation as I was but on another trading platform, Cryptsy. For the moment they have refused to help him, but I hope that, inspired by this precedent set by BTER, they will change their minds and offer this user the support to which he is entitled.

Thanks again to BTER and also a big thank you to warmking who has interceded for me in Chinese.

Well, congratulations! But just to note, they gave it back when prices are now low and doge forking and block having... -_-
dingoKoin (OP)

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 06:32:20 PM

Well, congratulations! But just to note, they gave it back when prices are now low and doge forking and block having... -_-

Thank you!

You know, prices come and go. The future is not foreseeable. The price could go much higher or it could go to zero. What's sure is that I won't sell my DOGE for a long time. Now even less than before. They now have a sentimental value to me Smiley

I know a lot of people for whom DOGE was the first crypto and myself with a modest rig I was early on the train and consider myself lucky. I'm not a DOGE fanatic but i do believe it's among those rare events that take unforeseen proportions and makes a lot of people happy.

I'm just enjoying the moment. I bought a nice bottle of whisky and i'm going to order a nice dinner for my girlfriend. Who cares about base calculations? Smiley

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: