Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:09:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camera lens just made a grinding noise  (Read 1702 times)
kmacri (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:54:49 AM

Hi all,

My lens on my Samsung camera just made a grinding sound and it won't open.
I turned it on and quickly went to zoom and I heard a grind, now it's just pitch black.  I try to turn it on and off and I hear a little noise coming from my lens (like a whir for 0.01ms) and then nothing.  The LCD screen works so I'm guessing I just trashed this thing.

Yes?

It's about 5 years old now.
MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:58:12 AM

Hi all,

I turned it on and quickly went to zoom and I heard a grind, now it's just pitch black.  I try to turn it on and off and I hear a little noise coming from my lens (like a whir for 0.01ms) and then nothing.  The LCD screen works so I'm guessing I just trashed this thing.

Yes?

Are you sure there wasn't anything in there for example sand? I would suggest taking it to get fixed it will cost you but it's worth having it looked at as it would cost you more to get a new one.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
kmacri (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:37:16 AM

Hi all,

Yes?

Are you sure there wasn't anything in there for example sand? I would suggest taking it to get fixed it will cost you but it's worth having it looked at as it would cost you more to get a new one.

Well... I don't live particularly close to any beaches, so no, not sand.
Damnit!
I might as well just sell a BTC and buy a DSLR, I'm thinking.
EvilPanda

Activity: 658

Small Red and Bad

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:03:29 AM

I had the same problem with my old camera.
The lens is moved by an electric motor and gears.
It should look similar to this:

One of the gears got damaged (grinding sound) and now you can only hear the motor running.

You have to decide if it's worth repairing.

E.exchanger

Activity: 714

NEED CRYPTO CODER? COIN DEVELOPER? PM US FOR HELP!

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 11:16:07 PM

try moving the lens left right lightly when at the same time trying to zoom  now slowly start pulling it up note: you don't have to actually pull it up just put a bit of force there, It worked for me so all i can say is that good luck with yours !!!!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: