Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Community- Stand up and help us prevent Wall Street greed  (Read 1594 times)
ThePatient (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:06:22 AM

The Ethereum guys have a great product in my opinion, but their greed is insane. They are asking for 30,000 BTC (24 million!!) for their "IPO".  Please go to Ethereum reddit or their thread in the alt-forum and voice your concern.

This is a quote from user ' Gutshot5820 ' and I think he has a point:

" If you like [Ethereum] buy it aftermarket. Let these Goldman Sachs advised guys make their money the same way as everyone else, launch it, mine and let the public decide how much it will be worth. If we as a community are stupid enough to give these guys 30,000 bitcoin then guess what will happen?
A herd of new ingenious, I have the best tech entities advised by wall street guys will come out with marketing videos and EVERY coin will want 36 million to launch plus 50% pre-mine. If we give these greedy wall street guys 30,000 btc and 50% pre-mine it will set a new precedent. Wall street guys, Goldman Sachs will introuce a new coin every week demanding more and more and the miners and bitcoin community will get churned and burned. I guarantee you this. This is just the beginning. Dont let them take over the crypto coin community with their greed. If you pay them 30,000 bitcoin and give them 50% pre-mine you are enabling them and giving them more incentive to take over the crypto community "

Thanks

Here is their thread, please say how you feel about their distribution model
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=428589.new#new
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 08:55:10 AM

Yes, this should be kept in the general discussion. This is not about Alt-Coins. People using "the community" as a platform for raising millions of dollars would set a bad precedent. There should a thread about all major funding projects, and should be tracked what actually happens with this kind of money. This is completely different than pre-mine.

A solution to such a problem would be a kind of kickstarter process. Money raised should be realistic, and not just go into a black hole. If the BTC goes to an address there are no fiduciaries. No canadian court will protect investors.

This has nothing to do with Wall Street/GS.
Chang Hum

Activity: 714
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:59:44 AM

If you want to keep the number of original stakeholders low it would help if you didn't increase number of threads on the topic
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:21:24 PM

24 mio USD? lol ok, ill pay 24.000 mio -  JUST DO IT  Grin

of course this is greedy shit.

Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:50:55 PM

anyone can buy Moon coin ultra cheap how is wallstreet standing in the way   Cheesy

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: