Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 01:24:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the unit of difficulty published by CoinWarz??  (Read 874 times)
dbbit (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:30:31 AM

I give up. Cry

CoinWarz is publishing a unit of difficulty that I cannot make sense out of.
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

E.g.
AlphaCoin's "Current Difficulty" is listed as: 0.589 of some or other Huh unit (let's call that unit fluffybunnies).

cgminer tells me that the AlphaCoin difficulty is: 44.8kH/s. It's been that for a while, so it's a good time to compare now.

I know there are things I can look at, like the 50 block award or 30 seconds/block, but no matter what formula I'm guessing at I can't seem to convert 44.8kH/s into 0.589 fluffybunnies.

This isn't specific to AlphaCoin. I similarly can't convert FastCoin's current 46.1kH/s into its 0.7037 fluffybunnies listed on CoinWarz.

What is this supposed to be?

BrewCrewFan

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:44:10 AM

I give up. Cry

CoinWarz is publishing a unit of difficulty that I cannot make sense out of.
http://www.coinwarz.com/cryptocurrency

E.g.
AlphaCoin's "Current Difficulty" is listed as: 0.589 of some or other Huh unit (let's call that unit fluffybunnies).

cgminer tells me that the AlphaCoin difficulty is: 44.8kH/s. It's been that for a while, so it's a good time to compare now.

I know there are things I can look at, like the 50 block award or 30 seconds/block, but no matter what formula I'm guessing at I can't seem to convert 44.8kH/s into 0.589 fluffybunnies.

This isn't specific to AlphaCoin. I similarly can't convert FastCoin's current 46.1kH/s into its 0.7037 fluffybunnies listed on CoinWarz.

What is this supposed to be?

If your going by a site like coinchoose of coinwarz, your already way behind the curve for most likely the many multi pools are now or have been raping the coin or in the process of dumping said coins making the price crash along with the quick rise in dif. The only thing you should use those sites for is to figure out when to start mining BEFORE the multi pools hit. This mean sitting on coins for a while.

Free SIGNs giving everyday. Be part, do not miss!.
SqMe5ceYfdcGsRyVpgvpYb6bRLS9j8omvB

XChat : Addy : XYuZESQpeMtZ2wit8nVVnXKGytfiaTBCo6 PubKey : eteshLzeq8Bh54BRjGSunMTc6Ytxtk7HYaSmDYMQn61z
dbbit (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 02:57:21 AM

If your going by a site like coinchoose of coinwarz, your already way behind the curve for most likely the many multi pools are now or have been raping the coin or in the process of dumping said coins making the price crash along with the quick rise in dif. The only thing you should use those sites for is to figure out when to start mining BEFORE the multi pools hit. This mean sitting on coins for a while.

Not really my question. I'm sure that I'll get to dislike multi pools like you one day and plot a scheme to get rid of of all multi pool evil in the world.

However, for now I'm solo mining because I'm trying to diagnose my finicky hardware. Hence I want to figure out which coins will statistically yield the most frequent blocks. (As opposed to yielding the most amount of BTC on conversion or some other criteria).

But since you seem to be a fan of BQC, let me restate this in BQC terms. The listed difficulty on CoinWarz & CoinChoose of BQC is 4.6648. CGMiner difficulty says it's 306K. How to correlate one to the other?

It only seems to be weird like this with the AltCoins. BTC difficulty is the same on both
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 03:40:09 AM

The difficulty listed on the CoinWarz site is the actual coin difficulty.  CGMiner totally screws up the network difficulty for scrypt coins. 

Here is a thread that may help

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=220341.0

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: