Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:28:57 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Ethereum-Blockchain can be hacked?  (Read 184 times)
cellflash (OP)

Activity: 139
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:30:26 AM

Blockchain is a digitized public ledger of all cryptocurrency transaction. It allows market participants to keep track of digital currency transactions without central recordkeeping.
In a blockchain, there is a countless blocks that is connected to each other like a chain. It has a complete information about different user addresses that we usually used to collect tokens/coins and report balances right from the block to the most recently completed block.
Is there a possibility that ethereum-blockchain be hacked?
Rotsor

Activity: 309
Merit: 102

Presale is live!

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:39:39 PM

There is nothing online that cannot be hacked, just because it has not been hacked yet does not mean that it is impossible to hack. There are a lot of projects in the past that the creators marketed as unhackable, what happen is that a lot of them got hacked. It just takes a really well organized group of hackers with enough funds to focus their energy on hacking it

OLX

Activity: 173
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:43:03 PM

I don't think that Ethereum itself is vulnerable to being hacked. Countless independent parties have audited the blockchain and the smart contracts without reporting vulnerabilities.
waaat?

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 08:46:32 PM

Blockchain is a digitized public ledger of all cryptocurrency transaction. It allows market participants to keep track of digital currency transactions without central recordkeeping.
In a blockchain, there is a countless blocks that is connected to each other like a chain. It has a complete information about different user addresses that we usually used to collect tokens/coins and report balances right from the block to the most recently completed block.
Are you understand how work encryption? In the blockchain private keys not stored. And without this keys access to wallet is closed! No chances. But yes all wallets are clear for view. Try to learn more base knowledge about blockchain
ICO Lancer

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 09:03:59 PM

I don't think that Ethereum itself is vulnerable to being hacked. Countless independent parties have audited the blockchain and the smart contracts without reporting vulnerabilities.

That's actually really great news.

People are always afraid of hackers regardless of the situation and that piece of news is a great relief
cellflash (OP)

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:54:41 PM

Are you understand how work encryption? In the blockchain private keys not stored. And without this keys access to wallet is closed! No chances. But yes all wallets are clear for view. Try to learn more base knowledge about blockchain

Hi! thanks for the opinion.. Does it mean they cannot access because of encryption? Maybe the security hackers work on this..
Encelad

Activity: 294
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:59:12 PM

Prior to this, there was an attempt to hack, so the Ether was divided into two blockchain. Now the developers of Ether have taken into account all the mistakes, so I think that you can be calm about this.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:29:45 AM

AFAIK, it can be slow down but it can't be hacked.

This is the strength and weakness of blockchain.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Serious Miner

Activity: 250
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:38:46 AM

The hackers can hack Everything. We saw many incidents about some significant hacking. Like someone cut millions of dollars by cutting a bank or any news like this. But as you mentioned blockchain has infinity blocks, that's why it is very tough to get ethereum blockchain hacked. Maybe it's impossible too.
Eijrafarm

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:59:47 AM

I think it is possible but base on its security issues this past years we could observe the smooth run of eth and blockchain without having  large issues of hacking that could be alarming. But we can't be so sure for now but I trust cryptomarket.
Endikadija

Activity: 1458
Merit: 509

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:16:21 AM

The only possible thing to do 51% attack to the ethereum blockchain but it requires a lot of hash power and i doubt if that can become a real thing. PoW is using miner as the main pegged of the network to validate the transaction.
The collusions between the miners can create 51% attack and you should read more about 51% attack. I remember this time asic has been dominating all of the PoW crypto.
limtjoehua

Activity: 216

Best solution for smart cities

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:30:06 AM

any blockchain can not be hacked, but if the overload of blockchain transactions can get stuck and this once happens when a cat game or cryptokitties is launched. maybe you mean is a wallet provider, like myetherwallet?

━━━       CitiOS       ━━━     
━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Best Solution for Smart Cities | Monetize the True Potential of Smart Cities ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    ● Reddit    ● Whitepaper
hani1929

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 01:33:31 AM

we dont know what hackers capable of, but i dont hear any news that ethereum blockchain has been hacked for the past years, maybe its impossible to hack. or maybe they are now trying to hack.just like bitcoin i dont also hear a news in the past years that it has been hack. Well we just dont know when will it happen or maybe it wont happen. the security of a blockchain is very tight so its impossible to hack.but no one is perfect even in computer is not perfect.

sirengutou

Activity: 364

Fast, Smart, Trustworthy

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:34:48 AM

I think the blockchain is relatively safe for the current Internet protection. First, if insecure funds have fled. Second, only quantum computers can do this. Then in addition to these two dangerous places should be Trojans stealing personal privacy. That is, hackers use the same login system as you. Because they have your information. However, if there is no virus on your phone or computer, the crypto currency is absolutely safe.

FST Network   Fast, Smart, Trustworthy.   Bounty
Medium   Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
Alry

Activity: 308
Merit: 102

GoNetwork - Winner of ETHWaterloo

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:41:44 AM

I think that certainly it can, but for this, the code should be vulnerable, if this vulnerability has not been found yet, then it probably is not there, for this reason the Ethereum develops so slowly, because the team needs to make sure that their code is perfect and that people will not lose their money because of some small idiotic mistake.

ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:28:54 PM

The compromise of Ethereum addresses, as well as many other blockboys, is possible because of poor-quality software in the event that the generation of random numbers during the creation of a signature ceases to be accidental. The risk is insignificant, it is recommended to use only proven software.
harrypot

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:32:11 AM

I dont think any such thing is possible. Becuse Eth has a highly efficient security system and it is not so easy to break it. So I thing you don't need tp worry about that.
Ade A Aziz

Activity: 221

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:41:57 AM

Different ways the hacker looks for loopholes to make a profit, including hacking the ethereum wallet. But, I think ethereum has good security, provided you are careful and always keep your private key.
copyposter_21

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:57:37 AM

It seems to me that you can hack anything, but how much time, effort and knowledge will it take? I don't mean that the Ethereum blockchain is poorly protected. On the contrary very, very reliable
Iyanu14

Activity: 795

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:58:38 AM

No, it can't be hacked but an etherum private key can be hacked if the holder is careless with it, it think ethereum network has passed level of hacking. I learnt they have 80 developers or thereabout.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: