Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:26:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If FBI dumps 144,000 bitcoins, bitcoin will crash once & for all!  (Read 7185 times)
bitcoinlitcoinbtcltc (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:41:02 AM

Max Keiser made them an offer for these bitcoins in one of his shows.
Also difficulty is at 2+ billion and climbing.

Max Keiser, who lives in Russia & ranted about Bitcoin on RT, a Russian news network, should prepare his anus for jail, because Russia just announced that Bitcoin users will go to jail! :

Russia Central Bank: Bitcoin Users Will Face Jail Time

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140127/186966541/Russias-Central-Bank-Bitcoin-Users-Can-Face-Jail-Time.html

Max Keiser is going to be raped in his ass in Russian prison, LOL!
Bitbuy

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:56:18 AM

I am so sick of this shit.  At least put your fucking FUD in one of the dozens of threads on exactly the same crap.

Exactly. If you want some cheap coins, buy some alts....
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:10:41 AM

Max Keiser made them an offer for these bitcoins in one of his shows.
Also difficulty is at 2+ billion and climbing.

Max Keiser, who lives in Russia & ranted about Bitcoin on RT, a Russian news network, should prepare his anus for jail, because Russia just announced that Bitcoin users will go to jail! :

Russia Central Bank: Bitcoin Users Will Face Jail Time

http://en.ria.ru/business/20140127/186966541/Russias-Central-Bank-Bitcoin-Users-Can-Face-Jail-Time.html

Max Keiser is going to be raped in his ass in Russian prison, LOL!
What the ruskis are saying is that if you do something illegal you will be punished for breaking the law. Love how easy it is to scare people just by careful choice of wording though.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:22:35 AM

There surely should be some rule about thread spamming.
yeah and maybe some classes about economics and price mechanism.

Think about this logic: When there are 0.5% of facebook shares get traded everyday and Zuckerberg wants to sell all of his shares (20%), the price will be ZERRROOO. For 19.5% of the shares he will get ZERROOO. That means nobody what to pay a penny for 19.5% of Facebook.  Roll Eyes  -> great!

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:35:44 AM

Prepare for the crash folks, but what's causing the price fall now is it due to the arrest of the bitcoin exchange exec by FBI for money laundering?
magicmexican

Activity: 812

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:36:19 AM

Lol @ppl actually responding and quoting obvious trolls instead of just pressing ignore
Sydboy

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 09:45:36 AM

Who ever gets them owes me 2 Bitcoins.
I am kidding !!! But seriously, I want my 2 Bitcoins back. Kidding.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 10:52:02 AM

The coins seized and forfeited from SR are supposed to be sold at auction by US Marshals.
But so far there is no mention of the coins on their site, which I'm checking daily:
http://www.usmarshals.gov/assets/sales.htm

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 12:01:48 PM

FBI will sell their bitcoins one of these days.

Why will this crash the bitcoin price? Simple:

FBI got: 144,000 bitcoins.

Totale volume of ALL exchanges combined: between 70 and 80 thousand.
About HALF of what the FBI is going to DUMP.

Source: http://bitcoincharts.com/markets/

Sell now people.

Remember: if China sells 25,000 bitcoins, the price will drop between $200 and $250 USD.
We are talking about almost SIX TIMES (6!!) that much. It can't even drop 6 x 200 = 1,200 - that's higher than the bitcoin price!

So, realistically, the price would probably drop to around $80 because a lot of people will buy up. But not enough to make the price go back up fast enough, as 144,000 bitcoins = A LOT MORE than all people combined, on all exchanges, would be able to afford. This would lead to another drop/crash.

So sell now, it's not too late yet!

Very wise words there! That is the danger of having a parabolic rise based on restriction of supply. If that large quantities of the restricted supply suddenly becomes available for whatever reasons.........

This should be in confirmed facts thread but deserves a thread of its own.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:19:54 PM

not to mention the fact that only 790 people own 50% of all bitcoins
some of them want to become a millionaire, this might be their last chance!

they will feel EXTREMELY stupid if they do not sell now, as they will soon find out that they have to get back to working at McDonalds as their coins will be worthless. This is their last ONE IN A LIFETIME chance to become a real-money millionaire. THey WILL sell
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:25:46 PM

they will feel EXTREMELY stupid if they do not sell now, as they will soon find out that they have to get back to working at McDonalds as their coins will be worthless. This is their last ONE IN A LIFETIME chance to become a real-money millionaire. THey WILL sell

and they will be smart enough to know that not all them can become millionaires. The mark to market value of their holdings only exists because they have cornered the market and restricted supply turning increasing interest into a mania. A mania that has now all but evaporated. If they all turned up at the exchanges at the same time, they would be lucky to get away with a few years good salary. Only those who cash out first, and most, at the highest prices can really cash in on this falling house of cards. For that reason, they need to conspire to keep the price as highly supported as possible in order to dump as high up as possible which then drives Bitcoin to a lower support range. This is what we have been seeing.

This is a confirmed fact.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:28:13 PM

Calm down, people.

First, FBI is not going to dump the bitcoins--they will AUCTION them off and institutional buyer(s), not individual trader(s), will pick them up at a competitive price. Nobody's getting them at $100 a piece.

Second, bitcoin has crashed a few times before. Hard. We're still here and price is hovering at around $800 since the last crash.

Please stop the FUD campaign against bitcoins.

Bitcoin fundamentals ARE strong and getting stronger everyday. Due to so many people spread FUD, we are stuck or even going lower in price currently. China syndrome is almost over. Tax refund season is almost upon us in the US. Good times are just around the corner.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:32:14 PM

Calm down, people.

First, FBI is not going to dump the bitcoins--they will AUCTION them off and institutional buyer(s), not individual trader(s), will pick them up at a competitive price. Nobody's getting them at $100 a piece.

Second, bitcoin has crashed a few times before. Hard. We're still here and price is hovering at around $800 since the last crash.

Bitcoin fundamentals ARE strong and getting stronger everyday. Due to so many people spread FUD, we are stuck or even going lower in price currently. China syndrome is almost over. Tax refund season is almost upon us in the US. Good times are just around the corner.

Well, FBI is not going to sell them at 800 a piece either.
And I don't see anyone with sense purchasing them at exchange prices.
I bet they will sell them at around $50 each, and the buyer will list them on the auctions for $200 each to make a quick profit.

That's what's going to happen. And then bitcoin will crash. FBI made money, the investor made money, bitcoin threat removed - FBI: success!
porcupine87

hm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:38:49 PM

[/quote]

Confirmed. Alle the rich guys sell off at the same time, so the coins get cheap that the average guy can buy them up Smiley

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
porcupine87

hm

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:40:52 PM

Calm down, people.

I bet they will sell them at around $50 each, and the buyer will list them on the auctions for $200 each to make a quick profit.

That's what's going to happen. And then bitcoin will crash. FBI made money, the investor made money, bitcoin threat removed - FBI: success!

+1
If I had 30 000btc which I bought for 50$ each, I would not sell them over time for 800$ each, but for 200$ each. Why wait? To get 18Mio.(300%) more? Ah there are investment, which are much more profitable...

Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:43:08 PM

If the FBI had any brains they would be hanging on to those coins, which will be worth billions one day. Imagine how many years of department funding that would be. But they've got procedure to follow...
Dalmar

Activity: 1092

Life is short, practice empathy in your life

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:43:57 PM

Bitcoin's market cap is total bullshit. Just a small fraction of all bitcoins can severally crash the price. In most traditional markets this is not possible at all.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄
▄▄██████████████████████▄
 █████████████▀█████████████▄
▄█████████████▀ ▄█▀ ███████████
▄██████████      ▀▀  ████████████
▄█████████████   ▄▄▄   ▀▀██████████
█████████████▀   ████▄   ▀█████████▄
█████████████    ▀▀█▀▀   ▄██████████
████████████▀   ▄▄      ████████████
████████████   ▄████▄    ███████████
█████████      ██████    ██████████
█████████▄▄            ▄██████████
▀██████████  ██  ▄▄▄▄████████████
▀█████████▄▄█▄ ███████████████▀
▀██████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

B i t c o i n t a l k   ▄▄▄▄▄

DONATION CAMPAIGN

▄
                                   ▄██
               ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄███
             ▄█████████▄        ████
▄▄▄         ▄████████████     ▄████▀
 ▀██▄▄      █████████████   ▄█████▀
  ▀█████▄   █████████████  ▄██████
    ▀█████▄  ███████████▀▄███████
     ▀██████▄▄▀▀██████▀ ████████▀
       ████████▄      ▄████████▀
        █████████▄  ▄██████████
         █████████████████████
          ████████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ███████████████████
          ██████████████▀▀▀
          ███████▀▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀

BE A HOPE
FOR A LIVABLE WORLD
▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄▄█████████████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀██████████
███████████▀       ▀█▀       ▀█████████
███████████▀                    █████████
███████████                     █████████
█████████████                   ███████████
██████████████▄               ▄████████████
████████████████▄▄▄         ▄█▀▀   ████████
███████████▀▀     ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄██     ▄████████
██████▀█▄                ▀▀▀█▄ ▄█████████
██████▄ █▄          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄███████████
██████▄ ▀█                ▄████████████
██████▄  ██████▄▄▄    ▄██████████████
▀██████▄██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████████████▀▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀

ONE

little

HELP CHANGES
EVERYTHING

..DONATE..
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

How will they only get $50 per BTC at auction when I would easilly pay $51?  How will I be able to get them for only $51 when I know of many others that will easily bid $52?

I can't wait for the auction.  Getting my cash ready.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:46:41 PM

Calm down, people.

This is idiotic. If you somehow managed to get bitcoins at $50 today you would sell them for AT LEAST $600. And more likely 7-800 over a longer period. People are not quite that stupid.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
MarketNeutral

Activity: 406
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 01:47:28 PM

The OP underestimates how many buyers are chomping at the bit Wink for lower bitcoin prices.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: