Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:43:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dump is on  (Read 4743 times)
r3wt (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:03:53 AM

widespread panic. sell sell sell

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:17:37 AM

appreciate your FUD. Keep it coming  Wink
Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:19:48 AM

Your FUD don't belong here!  (Try speculation)
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:31:49 AM

FUD, or reverse psychology?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:36:18 AM

Might be a good time to buy actually , the dip although significant wasn't too serious compared to previous panics in the last year or so. Also anytime there's been dips like this the price always rebounds strongly within a few days or a couple of weeks.  No indication the same wont happen here as things calm down and various investors who may be panicing right now realize that the CEO of Bitinstant being arrested has little to do with bitcoin itself and more to do with a single actor being engaged in something that was quite obviously illegal (if the allegations are true).

I believe there are quite a few investors who have poured money into bitcoin without knowing much about bitcoin, headlines like "CEO exhange arrested by Feds" could certainly cause some panic in those folks and the market is small enough that them dumping bitcoins in a panic will certainly result in a dip in exchange value.  Overall though I believe most people (especially bitcoin enuthists) will realize this latest news piece little to do with bitcoin itself and many will take advantage of the chance to buy bitcoins at a cheaper price.

Just my thoughts

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2014, 05:37:24 AM

If you look at a 7 day chart it actually looks like a completely natural market fluctuation.

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:40:04 AM

FUD, or reverse psychology?

Or neither  Smiley
Singlebyte

Activity: 854

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:40:44 AM

the dip although significant

This dip was not significant at all.  Heck, this is the same price it was 5 days ago.  If it drops to $400, then that would be significant (and temporary).  Regardless, Don't forget...Bitcoin is a Honey Badger.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:42:49 AM

Might be a good time to buy actually , the dip although significant wasn't too serious compared to previous panics in the last year or so. Also anytime there's been dips like this the price always rebounds strongly within a few days or a couple of weeks.  No indication the same wont happen here as things calm down and various investors who may be panicing right now realize that the CEO of Bitinstant being arrested has little to do with bitcoin itself and more to do with a single actor being engaged in something that was quite obviously illegal (if the allegations are true).

I believe there are quite a few investors who have poured money into bitcoin without knowing much about bitcoin, headlines like "CEO exhange arrested by Feds" could certainly cause some panic in those folks and the market is small enough that them dumping bitcoins in a panic will certainly result in a dip in exchange value.  Overall though I believe most people (especially bitcoin enuthists) will realize this latest news piece little to do with bitcoin itself and many will take advantage of the chance to buy bitcoins at a cheaper price.

Just my thoughts

If bitcoin can survive Silk Road closing and the main man being arrested, it can certainly survive this. Makes me wonder how many other "early adopters" came by their bitcoin millions though. Not spreading FUD, just curious. Guess the FBI will let us know in the next 6 months as they arrest more people as "information is traded".
r3wt (OP)

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:44:07 AM

the panic is at the top this time. thats whats different. last time, the panic was at the bottom.

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:49:59 AM

I'm tired.  Good night everyone.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:54:48 AM

I'm tired.  Good night everyone.

You can't sleep now. There's a dump on Wink
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 05:55:59 AM

As many people that are dumping, there is probably an equal amount of people that have been sitting on the sidelines for a time like this to get in.  Just out of the people that i work with, there are several that want to invest about 10k each, and were just waiting to hopefully get them around $700 or slightly less.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:18:55 AM

As many people that are dumping, there is probably an equal amount of people that have been sitting on the sidelines for a time like this to get in.  Just out of the people that i work with, there are several that want to invest about 10k each, and were just waiting to hopefully get them around $700 or slightly less.

I think they will get their wish in the next few hours ......
AltorXP

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:30:57 AM

+1
Although you can never be sure about btc prices  Tongue
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:43:40 AM

God no. Might be up to $1000 at bitstamp tomorrow - all the fun of the fair Wink
frank754

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 06:50:21 AM

I sure hope so, it's really starting to get into almost negative territory compared to how things have been going to past few weeks - losing all gains now. And I can't even sell my DOGE or Earthcoins for BTC's either even though BTC is cheap now, because they've gone down over 20% too and who knows if or when either will recover and how strongly.
TheD0ct0r

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 07:00:49 AM

Your a Thief ,extortionist and scammer I really cant believe you have the gull to post on here anymore.
Please take your lies with you when you Exit.....

widespread panic. sell sell sell
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

I'm wrong as usual - price has recovered very well at bitstamp.

Wish I heard the arrest news when it came out - could have sold then and make some bucks buying back. Instead heard the news first thing in morning in Asia, sold some coins, and the bottom promptly arrived Sad so had to buy back for a loss. C'est la vie.

Don't think those $700 coins are coming any time soon my friend Smiley
eiskalt

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 28, 2014, 11:50:10 AM

If bitcoin can survive Silk Road closing and the main man being arrested, it can certainly survive this.

If bitcoin can survive its network closing, it will certainly survive every other bad news.

at prices below zero of course.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: