Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:10:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you think alt coins can merge to only one coin?  (Read 482 times)
Mkpez (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 11:39:01 AM

All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?
katelynsk

Activity: 98
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:01:19 PM

All altcoins are associated with certain projects, work on different consensus models, serve different purposes. At the moment I do not see much sense and possibility in changing everything to one particular currency. It's like with fiat money - probably we could replace everything with one currency, for example, dollar or euro, but hardly ever anyone will agree to this, and if they do, what for?

However, we could combine various blockchains together to make working with them more convenient. Something like this is now being implemented by aion. As far as I know, they're creating the platform for communication and interaction between multiple private or public blockchain networks. It will be multi-tier blockchain network providing a protocol and standard for dissimilar systems so that one blockchain could transact with another blockchain.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:12:17 PM

I am sure that most of the altcoin ( probably 90/95%) won’t survive in the crypto market; although among 1.500 + coins there will be plenty of successful projects.

There are a few real altcoins that are alternatives to Bitcoin. Coins that survived the weeding out of scamcoin: coins that actually represent tech advancement.
bontkoli01

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:57:06 AM

There are many coins are available under altcoin. But their performance is not good enough. So i think these coins merge into one coin. Then it will be beneficial for them and customers also.
vetrovppp

Activity: 308
Merit: 107

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:23:43 AM

All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?
The crypto market and the global economy are constantly developing and I think that in a few years power can attract only one coin.

「   B e a x y   」   THE ALL-IN-ONE CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
[ WHITEPAPER ]               Instant Deposit                   24/7 Support                    Referral Program               [ LIGHTPAPER ]
ANN THREAD     ●     BOUNTY THREAD     ●     FACEBOOK     ●     TWITTER     ●     TELEGRAM
zxrcoin

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 09:54:49 AM

Many coins are being invented in the market but a very small portion of this can survive. We don't think we have much choices apart from bitcoin and some famous altcoin. All these have different price range, project and technology. So i think this will not be possible to bring all alts into a single coin.
syaripudin

Activity: 672
Merit: 253

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

each altcoin certainly has a different concept to the field of the project they develop. and I think it would be very difficult to make all types of altcoin to be one type of altcoin alone. unless from each of the current project developers will do a new idea and work together to create only one type of altcoin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org|  
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
TonyPlayMore

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:15:53 AM

I think that governments of different countries will act on their own interests, if one state wants to have a lot of coins, it will have a lot of coins, I think that all countries can not agree on this issue
frowsiter

Activity: 714
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:22:31 AM

No they will not because it will destroy the world economy if they did. The todays economy is defined by the fact that what trades and developments are going on within the specific country and thus on the global level it shows the differences between the different countries. These differences which you see is what creating todays economic circulation and liquidity between them thus giving each country's currency a different rate!

If you take out that and just give one coin to the whole world then how stuff will work? How there will be differences and thus how there will be liquidity in the economy? Everything will collapse I guess.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:26:56 AM

Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?
It's possible if everyone will agree to have one coin.

But that will be the death of altcoins and the coin that will be considered as the universal coin will be bitcoin. I don't exactly get what you mean by altcoins merging with another altcoin but I think that's possible.
keycellko

Activity: 406
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:31:40 AM

I hope it will though. Satoshi Nakamoto had a dream of making a currency that would probably make everything easier especially sending money through the globe faster with a lesser fee. Bitcoin was made to satisfy that need. But all other altcoins where made thereafter with different features satisfying different needs. It will be difficult to collate them altogether. But i guess not all developers are going to support that.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:33:03 AM

The only way you would merge them is to have an extra layer that will see them simmilar to how tokens on ethereum work with one databse. Although this is far ahead and I am not sure if something like this will ever be created. You wouldn't have one coin, never. There could be few of them such as bitcoin, ethereum that the massees will use mostly but others will exist as well. As I am reading things such as that tommorow everything will be tokenazied like your house could have it's tokens that represent it digitally and you could sell parts of owenerhsip or something I dubt that we are going to use only one.

Look at the world today we have many currencies and variaty is good in one sense as you can't stop people from creating their own version of crypto and using it between them.
coin163

Activity: 462
Merit: 281

dApps Development Automation Platform

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:34:04 AM

impossible! each altcoin used by the separate project and used as the utility token for it platform only so it can't merge to be one coin!
event BTC and eth it can grow together but can't merge to be one

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5245436.0

Disposable surgical Face Mask with CE, FDA Approved for sell.
gune68gune

Activity: 181

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:39:56 AM

So many coins with different concepts and ways of working. In the future maybe only a few coins that can survive, but to unite all the coins I think will be difficult. We can only wait for what will happen in the future of the crypto world.
jusertvaz

Activity: 428
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:44:55 AM

I think that crypto-currencies will never be recognized as official money and therefore there is no need to leave only one coin, besides if only one coin remains, its value can be easily controlled, and the interest in buying this coin will be lost

Jazvebtc18

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 10:53:44 AM

I think it is impossible that in crypto market there will be only coins. We always develop coins and with different concept. The government didn't recognize  some altcoins
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 575

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:19:11 AM

Nope. All alt coins cannot be merged into one coin. Each coins have their unique features for which they are different from each other. Merging them would just cause disaster and nothing else. Like if ripple also gets merged, the coins will end up being more centralized.
It is true that a time might come when only one coin is considered superior and people will be only using that coin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Vasyan

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 11:50:07 AM

I do not want to have only one coin, if there is only one coin, then the competition will disappear and the technology will stand still and stop developing, so I do not want to leave one coin
jonloner011

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:17:51 PM

alt coins can merge to only one coin what wont be possibe i guess because, different altcoin are supported by different progarm. So if the programs are not same who would all the coins will be the same.
ityandsyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 03:49:36 PM

I don't think if that is necessary since each altcoin are being made with its function and purpose, as well as all altcoin are compatible to BTC & ETH so that it will be easy to convert if it is needed, Meanwhile we need a smaller value coin rather than to use Bitcoin which is very expensive and has a large value, so I think this altcoins are usable to purchase a small valued items in a store accepting cryptocurrency.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: