Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:01:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Did you think alt coins can merge to only one coin?  (Read 482 times)
deevan

Activity: 238
Merit: 7

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:24:55 PM

No, it is unrealistic to happen, as altcoins are based on different projects based on blockchain technology and their price is determined by the product, incidence or some natural factors. And it needs some funds from several parties to build their project which is likely near to stock investment. As stocks are of some companies offering a product so as cryptocurrencies are also of some ICO team that offers a product. In stocks, there are several companies that offer same product and as so same with different altcoins having the same product. So it is unlikely to happen that some superpower brings one coin and impose it all over the world countries to adopt it. altcoins are just a business that people are doing to earn money by adopting new technology i.e., blockchain. Simple!
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:35:14 PM

I think this possible but with a very low chance. I don't see coins merging in to one and I don't think the devs of two different coins will unite as one. But multiple coins is good for healthy competition and improvement of cryptocurrencies.
RaspoBTC

Activity: 1274
Merit: 319

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 01:42:42 PM

All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?
Absolutely NO. Thats one easy reason:
The usecases for altcoins are are wide-sreaded, so you can't create one coin, which all includes.
We will see more specialeced coins to solve ONE (or maybe two) real problem, not all of them.
longwintershere

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

“Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data”

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:03:42 PM

All over the wold today they are discussion on blockchain technology. Can someone tell me if someday top economy or world power may consider bringing only one coin?

I see you don't understand that crypto economy at all. There are certain coins with certain purpose. Nowadays it's not only about making the best copy of bitcoin, it's about very specific services. Please study each project, then you might understand.

TRADE YOUR DATA   ●    PDATA TOKEN    ●   ─── OPIRIA.IO ───
██████████       [   PRE-SALE     April 10th ]       ██████████
haidangtp

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 02:08:01 PM

This is feasible. But it takes a long time to come true, I believe one day there will be a coin of global domination.
kayakcrypto

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:34:27 PM

In my opinion, it is not possible. At least bitcoin will not do this. Bitcoin is the market leader and it has its own policy and motto that is favorable to the investors. Different coins have different vision and to merge them into one is really impossible. Moreover such type of merger will affect the decentralization idea also. Bitcoin will not compromise with this policy.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 08:51:25 PM

I think that the single global cryptocurrency, if it ever will be, our generation will not see it. The legal regulation and recognition of cryptocurrencies as a national means of payment on an equal basis with money, as well as interest-free conversion of one currency into another would be a success. That would be a huge breakthrough.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
farland7

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:51:51 PM

I think it is very wrong by the terms of the crypto world itself. What I mean is that crypto concept is all about creating projects, which are supported by currencies themselves and at least there would be 50+ currencies, not only one coin.
Crypto Guru

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:56:02 PM

No, i do not think so. Altcoins have their own aim and plans. so they will stay separate and focus on different sectors of service to human financial needs.

Smiley
Edsemen

Activity: 413
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:05:00 PM

Absolutely NO. Thats one easy reason:
The usecases for altcoins are are wide-sreaded, so you can't create one coin, which all includes.
We will see more specialeced coins to solve ONE (or maybe two) real problem, not all of them.
If that happens so soon,I can't do anything about it because at first place I'm not the one who creates altcoin. Whoever the admin or owner of altcoin,he is the only one who can do something about it. Unfortunately, if it merged to only one coin,it may compete with bitcoin and the rest of other coins that leads to confusions and it becomes complicated.

andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:05:00 PM

Not going to happen this is similar to the talks about having a single fiat currency and while it may sound good in theory it is a terrible idea, for example look at bitcoin and monero, monero is a coin that concentrates on privacy above anything else this makes scalability an issue but your anonymity is very good, bitcoin in the other hand does not offer anonymity but it scales better, so it is better to have two separate coins than to have a single one that is unable to perform any of those two things in a decent way.
wamasabefe2odem

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:11:01 PM

I don't think so. In my opinion, the altcoin has some different concepts behind the project of the coins. they may also use the different platform and products. Therefore, they will be different right now and future.
barlo357

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:11:14 PM

For me this is not a good idea because the competition will set aside and the thrill will be lost it is better like that so people can choose which is better on their side.

omfg.xekcep

Activity: 798
Merit: 2

*** https://www.buying.com ***

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:19:13 PM

I think that this idea is absurd because there are a lot of currencies in the world and there was not an idea to merge them. For me it looks like merge all shares in one on  stock market I do not consider that it is a good idea. I consider that it should to be many coins and better ones will be used and bad ones will die.

BUYING is here for you!
Meet buying.com’s
On-Demand Delivery System
-= https://www.buying.com =-
Polwynne

Activity: 26

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:26:07 PM

I don't think so. Every coin has its own purpose so in my opinion there is no sense to do it.
abanansah

Activity: 328

www.daxico.com

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:26:53 PM

It is not possible. Alternative currency has different purpose with different tokens. An insurance tokens can't be combine with an exchange or lending token.

Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:29:58 PM

There are many coins are available under altcoin. But their performance is not good enough. So i think these coins merge into one coin. Then it will be beneficial for them and customers also.

It will be difficult for coins that don't have almost the same tech adventure and advancement to be merged together, this will amount to problems in the transaction and confusion too.

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
..FAST DEPOSITS .........
..AND WITHDRAWALS..
    ▄▄████████▄▄                        ▄██████▄
  ▄███████▀██████▄                    ▄██████████▄
 ██████ ▀▀ ▄ █████       ██          ▄████████████▄
████████  ▄▀▄ ▀██▀      ▄███       ▄███          ███▄
███████▄  ▀▀▀ ▄██      ▄█████▄    ████████    ███████
███████  ██▀  ▄██     ████████▄   ███▀ ▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▀██
█████▄▄  ▀▀▄   ██▄    ▀▀█████▀▀   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
 ██████ █ ▄ ▄█████    ▀▄▄▀▀▀▄▄▀   ████████    ██████▀
  ▀███████████████     ▀█████      ▀██████▄▄▄▄████▀▀
    ▀▀█████████▀         ███         ▀▀████████▀▀
..WHEEL OF..
..FORTUNE...
.WELCOME OFFER .
......200% + 50FS.....
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀██████
████████████▀▀▀    ██████
███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
████▄     ▄█▀     ███████
███████▄ █▀      ████████
████████▌▐       ████████
█████████ ▄██▄  █████████
███████████████▄█████████
▀███████████████████████▀

.PLAY NOW.
[/ta
chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 10:30:45 PM

I think altcoin is the only coin that cannot happen because the altcoin is not the same, using a variety of different technologies. The future is unlikely that potential altcoins will be deindexed from the cryptocurrencies market to purify altcoins in the best way, with only potential altcoins remaining in the market.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████