Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:59:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware  (Read 285 times)
stef_stef (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:09:06 PM

I am having trouble running Claymore 11.7 on my windows 10 computer after the latest update. Firstly, although I have done everything I can to prevents windows from updating, it is still not enough, so if anyone has found a solution, please let me know.

Next, I tried removing the driver with DDU and removing the AMD folder, but it still wont mine. The rig and all the settings are fine, since it was mining fine yesterday.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do, to remove that restriction.

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Guvn0r

Activity: 647
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:52:58 PM

Have you overclocked the cards? Even if you did not oc them, check your psu cables for damage (melted). Run the cards in default settings, you may also try down clocking them.
fanatic26

Activity: 756
Merit: 560

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:14:14 PM

I am having trouble running Claymore 11.7 on my windows 10 computer after the latest update. Firstly, although I have done everything I can to prevents windows from updating, it is still not enough, so if anyone has found a solution, please let me know.

The solution is to dump windows and go with a real mining OS.

I recommend PiMP - getpimp.org

It is the most versatile linux mining OS I have found and has a great support staff available most of the day on IRC/discord for any and all issues.

My pimp rigs have 100 day uptimes without even having to check on them.

Stop buying industrial miners, running them at home, and then complaining about the noise.
stef_stef (OP)

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:22:28 PM

Have you overclocked the cards? Even if you did not oc them, check your psu cables for damage (melted). Run the cards in default settings, you may also try down clocking them.

The card were running at the default settings, its this stupid windows that doesnt work. And yes, I fount out that someone had a problem with melted sata cables. Fortunately, not the case with me. I am reinstalling windows at the moment, and will see

The solution is to dump windows and go with a real mining OS.

I recommend PiMP - getpimp.org

It is the most versatile linux mining OS I have found and has a great support staff available most of the day on IRC/discord for any and all issues.

My pimp rigs have 100 day uptimes without even having to check on them.

Dont know if you are just advertising or not. Anyways, yes, I plan to switch to SMOS or some other alternative in the near future.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 10:58:04 PM

Try the following:

-Right click and run the application through "run as administrator" option.

-Disable the Windows Defender for some time and see if the miner works when it's disabled.

EDIT: it seems like it's a common issue if you Google it (and it's not just with the miner), you may find possible solutions here as well:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-application-has-been-blocked-from/641352ce-59f9-416e-9c0a-9b8787b9ed56

I think you should first try what I suggested (as most probably, running as an administrator should work out fine), if that doesn't work, then look at the solutions provided by Microsoft support.
stef_stef (OP)

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:33:07 PM

Try the following:

-Disable the Windows Defender for some time and see if the miner works when it's disabled.

EDIT: it seems like it's a common issue if you Google it (and it's not just with the miner), you may find possible solutions here as well:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware-winpc/windows-10-application-has-been-blocked-from/641352ce-59f9-416e-9c0a-9b8787b9ed56

I think you should first try what I suggested (as most probably, running as an administrator should work out fine), if that doesn't work, then look at the solutions provided by Microsoft support.

Running it as admin, made the minier crash for some reason, and yeah I checked the same link before...

Anyways, I was tired of searching for the solution, so reinstalled windows, and all seems fine at the moment. Hopefully, I found a way to disable windows updates too
kissmarx

Activity: 1106
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 01:44:26 AM

Try the following:

Running it as admin, made the minier crash for some reason, and yeah I checked the same link before...

Anyways, I was tired of searching for the solution, so reinstalled windows, and all seems fine at the moment. Hopefully, I found a way to disable windows updates too

How is your rig doing now?

and How did you disable windows update?
blue Snow
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1024

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2020, 08:17:13 AM

and How did you disable windows update?
go to START MENU > CONTROL PANEL > SYSTEM AND SECURITY > ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS
SERVICE > STARTUP TYPE = DISABLED