Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:50:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GROUP ACTION: CRYPTSY EXHANGE NEGLIGENCE - TAKE ACTION  (Read 20089 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 08:54:04 AM

THEY JUST SCREWED A BUNCH OF US BY FREEZING OUR DEPOSITS

PLEASE READ:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=449762.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:25:27 AM

Hello guys and girls,

i like to say somethings about this behavior here :

the major problem with you guys is that you transfer to muts totals of coins to echange websites leaving to muts coins at those exchance site

dont get me wrong here but mostly this behavior is like you are to "greedy" , i hardly recommend you to send/transfer not to muts of your coins,

my behavior is i deposit small amounts ( sample 5000 coins ) trade them and send it back home, i want to have control of my own coins, oke you have transfer cost but that I earn back with trade. so can you , rule number one : buy at low rate, sell at high rate .

Always keep in mind that if you transfer your coins to an other site/echance or what ever website wallet, you are depending on trust them,
in a world like this it is sadly as it is but do not trust anybody in this way /matter with your hard urned " money" coins !

this is a good advice and its totaly free, and if you follow this advice fine, good, excelent, if you dont also good fine and excelent.

it hurts me that this kind of things happend to people,

and if you feel this whas a bit helpful in future trading feel free to donate som coins at my project, link in my signature, thats all

IL MinaTore

Activity: 218
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 09:32:00 AM

same shit cryptsy this is last trade with this fuckers

QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | QcjYLdE5Nia3EDpqDkKR7GwXYTNNP4xAT2
pjr77

Activity: 299

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:03:25 AM

After 8 hours i still have VTC pending approvals

Crapsy is almost as slow as my local bank !!
Revelations86

Activity: 428
Merit: 252

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:10:34 AM

Some people are also reporting that they had their VTC stolen. 

If this spirals out of control, I'm going to consider taking legal action against them.
paulus51

Activity: 616
Merit: 321

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 10:31:34 AM

it seems that they holding back for long time transfers to be adden you your / our wallets !

and the web is verry verry slow atm,

i think " he" wants to have the first big bang profits from this coin
BTC5OOO

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Trust:+4:20--Warning* ASICs with extreme hashrate!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:53:02 PM

Seeing as Cryptsy is clearly hurting many coin communities here by frivolously adding coins then not supporting them correctly, refusing to suspend new registrations when they are overwhelmed with registrations, allowing coins to go missing from customer accounts, blatantly lying to customers, and trapping people in their exchange for weeks or longer, I would like to help organize group action against Cryptsy to put pressure on them to resolve these issues in manner that doesn't result in the user base suffering while they profit. I have personally had coins trapped there for a half of a month as of today, and I know there are many others suffering from Cryptsy's negligence. They are only doing this because NO ONE IS PUSHING BACK. Let Cryptsy know playing with your money isn't a game they want to play.

Possible plans:
-Group protests at their HQ
-Social media campaigns exposing their negligence (like done with BFL)
-Class action lawsuits

What do you think is the best way to do this?

LETS PUSH BACK

-Group protests at their HQ

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^OCCUPY CRYPTSY!!! (WHOS WITH ME?LOL)

;-)

haaaa
D05GTO

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:26:55 PM

Definitely move to a different exchange if you don't like cryptsy.  Try https://www.Atomic-Trade.com

Vote with your Feet!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2014, 08:44:40 PM

Definitely move to a different exchange if you don't like cryptsy.  Try https://www.Atomic-Trade.com

Vote with your Feet!

This does not mean we should let them get away with things.

Question : Why was Cryptsy so tolerant of that stanky hobo, his spam and abusive behaviour ?
Answer : HE IS ON STAFF !

If the phishy hobo won't hold himself accountable over a 0.14 BTC fundraiser, what makes you think things will be any different when it comes to the clients ?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310335.0

UltraPleb

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:58:10 PM

I've personally never had a problem with them but I know countless others have and as a heavy user I fear I one day will too. In support of some action.
milly6
Legendary

Activity: 1632
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2014, 03:49:14 AM

Ha ha

Eyes open, No Fear. Be Safe! Trinity: Currency Without Bias
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 04:34:22 AM

Good initiative on the thread,

i'm gonna repeat as much as i can here, but i've already stated my problem in tons of threads since it first happened one night on december 14th 2013.
I have since been in communication with dozens of members of their staff who give less of a shit one after the other

cryptsy stole 740 xpm from me, >800 from Sang, more from other people i have listed, totalling over 10 000$ at the time (of those i can directly verify)

They had a race condition bug in their trade engine which i documented an explained to their incompetent and arrogant devs, who couldn't give a rats ass.

my 740xpm suddenly halfed, then went to a negative value at the end of the night, after some steady trading. We must ALL work together to promote negative publicity campaigns AGAINST cryptsy. There's not much else i can think of, i've been too busy to go down to florida and file a formal complaint, but i may soon be able to and i will. hopefully backed with people who had the same problem.

ltcifc

Activity: 344

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 02:45:47 PM

Time to make this retard idiots from Cryptsy start doing their jobs.
File a complain here and post this link on as many threads about Cryptsy as you can:

http://www.bbb.org/south-east-florida/business-reviews/business-trade-organizations/cryptsy-in-delray-beach-fl-90098747/file-a-complaint
jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:18:20 PM

My recent conversation with cryptsy.

ME

What is happening with IFC withdrawals? This is starting to look like market manipulation, which I'm quite sure is illegal.

You have had ample time to fix this but you continue to lock up IFC so members cannot move there coins out of your exchange.

These actions a stifling IFC's development in the US, telling us your working the issue is of little comfort as our Devs could fix this very quickly, so why can't yours?

Please give me an explanation of substance and not the standard line.

Thank you.

Hello name removed,

The IFC withdrawals are very delayed. We advice users to keep there withdrawals to a maximum of 999,999 IFC. I can cancel them for you and you can re-do the process.

Sincerely,
Braeden
Cryptsy.com

Me

That is not what I'm asking you. How come our IFC devs can fix this problem and yours can't? How come every other exchange doesn't have these problems?

One of the last times I cancelled an order 100K IFC went missing, and your team said they have no way to check and see why. I'm taking screen shots now.

I have now been waiting 40 minutes for my 999 999IFC withdrawal and nothing! Seems like more lies. EDIT I'm still waiting

Financial business law may be needed, then some legal advice. Perhaps a class action is needed.

Hello Name removed,

The reason we are having so many issues with our IFC withdrawals is transactions spam. We have listed IFC longer than any other exchange and our wallet has seen a great deal of traffic. The developers have fixed the issues and it should not happen in the future. But it will take time to repair the old wallet and complete the switch to the new one. We thank you for your patience and assure you no "manipulation" of any sort is taking place

Mullick
Technical Support Manager (Tier 2)

Me

How long? Days? Weeks? longer?

Me

Can you please forward me a copy of your withdrawal policy?

Thanks

No reply!

Overview: It appears cryptsy are in breach of several consumer rights laws specifically with regard to providing false information to customers. There is also the issue of the theft of the 100K IFC when I cancelled one of my withdrawals, of which they claim to have no way to check. There is also suspicion of market manipulation and breaches of commodity transfer legislation. Members who have similar messages from cryptsy are asked to come forward as we will now be looking at our legal options.

Thank you!

JC
jrretirement

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 09:02:41 PM

Florida Law

501.203  Definitions
(3)  "Violation of this part" means any violation of this act or the rules adopted under this act and may be based upon any of the following as of July 1, 2001:
(a)  Any rules promulgated pursuant to the Federal Trade Commission Act, 15 U.S.C. ss. 41 et seq.;

(b)  The standards of unfairness and deception set forth and interpreted by the Federal Trade Commission or the federal courts;

(c)  Any law, statute, rule, regulation, or ordinance which proscribes unfair methods of competition, or unfair, deceptive, or unconscionable acts or practices.

501.204  Unlawful acts and practices.--

(1)  Unfair methods of competition, unconscionable acts or practices, and unfair or deceptive acts or practices in the conduct of any trade or commerce are hereby declared unlawful.

(2)  It is the intent of the Legislature that, in construing subsection (1), due consideration and great weight shall be given to the interpretations of the Federal Trade Commission and the federal courts relating to s. 5(a)(1) of the Federal Trade Commission Act, 15 U.S.C. s. 45(a)(1) as of July 1, 2001.

US Federal law

Citation: Section 5 of the Federal Trade Commission Act (FTC Act), Ch. 311, §5, 38 Stat. 719, codified at 15 U.S.C. §45(a).

Deceptive acts or practices

An act or practice is deceptive if it involves a representation, omission, or practice that is likely to mislead consumers acting reasonably under the circumstances, and the representation, omission, or practice is material.[2]

The FTC Policy Statement on Deception[3] states that the Commission analyzes deceptive business practices under the following rubric:

There must be a representation, omission or practice that is likely to mislead the consumer. This includes the "use of bait and switch techniques."[4]
    The practice is examined from the perspective of a reasonable person in the circumstances. If the practice "is directed primarily to a particular group," such as Internet users, "the Commission examines reasonableness from the perspective of that group."[5]
    The representation, omission or practice must be a material one, i.e., it is likely to affect the consumer's conduct or decision regarding the produce or service.[6]

Thus, an advertisement is deceptive if it includes material information that is false or that is likely to mislead a consumer acting reasonably under the circumstances. Likewise, an advertisement is deceptive if it omits material information, and that omission is likely to mislead a consumer acting reasonably under the circumstances.[7] Requiring accurate disclosure of material terms allows consumers to compare similar services offered by one or multiple providers and weigh the different terms being offered in making decisions about what services to purchase.

The FTC has taken action against websites for violating their own privacy policies as a deceptive trade practice.

The Commission has used its Section 5 powers to pursue deception claims against online companies for a variety of Internet-related claims unrelated to a violation of published privacy policies.
c1010010

Activity: 275

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 05:28:39 PM

Dear Cryptsy,

I've tried. 
I've tried a few times, in fact, to get over your issues.  But today... today is the last day of our acquaintance.  We are in an unhealthy relationship, and I need to move on. 

I suppose the truth is, we're like a couple breaking up after we have already moved in together.  We need to go through our things, you take your stuff... I take mine.

So, please, let me have my IFC... you don't know how to handle them.  Your artificial limits on transfers is offensive and tiring.

Please... let me go. 

YOU TOO CAN BE A MILLIONAIRE – INFINITECOIN Infinite possibilities – http://infinitecointalk.org          
DianaLime

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 08:48:50 AM

Cryptsy will be obsolete soon.  Open-Transactions will solve this problem.

Check it out:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1tqepn/new_opentransactions_videos_of_new_desktop_app/

I like open transactions, but I really don't care to go after cryptsy because every website has similar problems. It looks as if cryptsy has been good for the most part aside from the issues of lag here and there. I am up for a good discussion about this.
Hippie Tech
aka Amenstop
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001

All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 03:32:46 PM

Cryptsy will be obsolete soon.  Open-Transactions will solve this problem.

Check it out:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1tqepn/new_opentransactions_videos_of_new_desktop_app/

I like open transactions, but I really don't care to go after cryptsy because every website has similar problems. It looks as if cryptsy has been good for the most part aside from the issues of lag here and there. I am up for a good discussion about this.

You are... too bad BitJohn isn't...

The ANN thread has been locked.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=246679.0

TECSHARE (OP)
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 07:03:00 PM

I am officially no longer holding any coins in Cryptsy and I wont be returning. I recommend Infinitecoin users do the same, if not all coin holders. I have heard this song before. Their behavior is an indication of their intent and it just goes down hill from here.
Peacefrog

Activity: 213

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:23:23 AM

I've been trading on mintpal since they started and I am watching them progressively better. I love their trading engine its quite responsive.

By the way, I have been trading on crypsty for about a year and i enjoyed it very much but new problems just keep stacking up with no apparent response. my first thought was "hey, its like the best exchange out there, theyll get on that shit and get it working." Then a few months go by and nothing happens. They let coin after coin continue on a broken chain while the devs have fixed wallets available.

And now so many users have negative balances and cant withdraw anything because they asked everyone to withdraw their CENT on what appears to be the old chain

ShareCoin Free and Fair Distribution. Sha9sRtV5ermdZKwxZJPdT1cStK5RGWxGr
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: