Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:52:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117841 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gavidon

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 10:10:38 PM

Totally agree about not needing to stick to a principle of only accepting digital currency. Spreading the word in any way would be great. If we started a new website, even just a couple things on it would be a good start, and we could expand from there.

To your points:

1. Maybe, but we don’t know that
2. Even 10,000 MRY isn’t a huge dump
3. This was the idea before, which seemed logical, but nothing ever came of it

My hope would be, they’d get a real check, and see that it’s real $ we’re talking about. Then in month 2, they’d see that the same amount of MRY was worth more that month, because the price of MRY went up.* They’d get used to the checks showing up, they’d see they are a reliable thing, and hopefully at some point they’d want to help.

*Assuming other things actually do drive the price up. I don’t think it can be all wait on the Foundation or wait on Bill Murray any more, even if those are primary goals.

Is my idea a good one? Maybe, maybe not. But it’s different than the previous plan, at least. I’d hate to stay on the same path as before that’s led nowhere.

And really, it’s likely there’s a better approach than anything I’ve suggested. Other thoughts?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2016, 03:55:53 AM

Btc is climbing fast, maybe this will help with interest.

mdawg

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 03:13:30 AM

yeahhhhh.........i doubt anything will come of it but good luck.  i'm assuming you guys are well meaning and truly wanna bring something of value to the coin itself and the price back up.  and hopefully not just super bagholders for 2+yrs who have been accumulating...and will now pnd it so you can unload your bags.  

i think i have some stuck on cryptsy from way back, anyone know how the fuck to get them out?  i tried awhile back and no luck.

holzer turned out to be a punk bitch i guess afterall.  sad.

Now see, I can understand the pump and dump scenerio, (IF I WAS HOLDING), but alas.. I lost 50k mry coin in cryptsy... so for me, its starting all back over Smiley  So no, no pump an dump plans.  I plan on doing whatever is needed to revive this coin.

"Just thought I would clear this up quickly" Smiley

-Snipez

Any update on progress?  Do you have some machines mining now to get a few coins of your own?   Need some volume of coins to move on the exchanges in order to create interest.   I have purchased a few BTC worth of murray, mined a few 100k and traded slowly every other coin I own into murray over the course of months.   I'm all tapped out currently without seeing the market move at all.   $700 BTC looks good on paper but not when its 5million Murray to 1 BTC.

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
June 15, 2016, 11:13:04 AM

all good ideas above.

suggest:

1. stick with the basics, make sure 2-3 seed nodes (static IP) are funded (about $15/month), and that is all MRY needs to assure it stays alive.  1st thing 1st.

2. find price stability, then neat things can happen.

3. get a solid roadmap, mapped out, I like the idea of making MRY redeemable for Bill related stuff, keep the foundation connection too ... try to find a contact within the Murray Bros organization ... donate a sizable chunk to get them started Wink

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
mdawg

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:05:40 AM

Hey, Brock is $720 high enough to come back?  Maybe at $850?  $950?     Grin

1 Bitcoin equals

999.48 Canadian Dollar

mdawg

View Profile
June 19, 2016, 11:56:36 PM

I see on the Cryptopia exchange that is the last one remaining moving Murraycoin that I know of there is about 1million coins currently for sale.   I have also noticed about 150,000 coins changing hands in the last couple days so someone is actively purchasing some small amounts for a very low price.   For those looking to promote this coin this last exchange is one of the best places to help keep the momentum and slowly drive up the value while working on a second exchange.   Then you need the Murrchandise or items that can be sold/bought using Murray ect because right now you would need 1million for a few hundred dollars.

mdawg

View Profile
July 01, 2016, 05:22:06 AM

Good evening,
    Any updates from anyone?

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 12:48:34 PM

You guys still believe in bholzer?

The guy screwed everyone over including me.

You dont come out and create a coin, talk it up and work hard for a month or two and dump it then run.

The guy came back after like a year and creates 1 post to mock all of us.

Seriously cant believe you all still waiting on this guy.

If you want something done, get in touch with bittrex and pay 2BTC to get the coin added.....You will need dev details or someone who is supporting the coin though.

What goes around comes around bholzer, never forget that....
mdawg

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 10:49:52 PM

WTS 1 million MRY Coin!

Well said snakey

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:19:10 AM

bholzer = dr. kimoto chan

Cool

believe it.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
vtr99
Legendary

Activity: 1214
Merit: 1000

Never compromise your standards!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:15:56 AM

bholzer = dr. kimoto chan

Cool

believe it.

Sorry, I don't buy it. I wish both these guys the very best. They are not the same person.
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:27:02 AM

You dont come out and create a coin, talk it up and work hard for a month or two and dump it then run.

If you want something done, get in touch with bittrex and pay 2BTC to get the coin added.....You will need dev details or someone who is supporting the coin though.

Brock is a super guy, and I take offense when you say he screwed everyone over. Just how exactly? Because he gave up working on a coin?
It is anyone's right to come or go as they please. Believe me, I wish, hope, pray, and anything I can think of that would bring Kimoto back to Megacoin.
But neither of these guys owes anyone anything. In fact they gave everyone an opportunity for free.

I understand how you feel, but it certainly isn't bholzer's fault that things didn't go as well as some had hoped. Same goes for Kimoto, although he certainly gave Megacoin one of the best foundations you could ask for. I too wish things had gone better, but We should be thanking both these guys.

My current faith in in Ryno, and the SDC team. You should come over and join us.
mdawg

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:18:11 AM

With all due respect there is a big difference between giving up on a coin and what hapended to murraycoin.  Months and months of being told items 1-30 were in place and things were happening.  Insisting on nobody selling any coins because of all the wheels in motion and then flip a switch and dead air.  Multiple times he sold his coins for $10,000 and other amounts to help "fund the project". Everybody or I should say most people here understand it is a thankless job and people are ignorant to a dev but to just 100% disappear isn't right.  He could have transitioned control to many eager active members or even once a month stopped in to update that he has done nothing.  The only update was a mocking comment in November asking if this thing was on.   There was charity and golf tourney items that were never followed up on and where is the 700,000 coins for murraybro that is no longer on website?

snakey
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 08:19:30 AM

With all due respect there is a big difference between giving up on a coin and what hapended to murraycoin.  Months and months of being told items 1-30 were in place and things were happening.  Insisting on nobody selling any coins because of all the wheels in motion and then flip a switch and dead air.  Multiple times he sold his coins for $10,000 and other amounts to help "fund the project". Everybody or I should say most people here understand it is a thankless job and people are ignorant to a dev but to just 100% disappear isn't right.  He could have transitioned control to many eager active members or even once a month stopped in to update that he has done nothing.  The only update was a mocking comment in November asking if this thing was on.   There was charity and golf tourney items that were never followed up on and where is the 700,000 coins for murraybro that is no longer on website?

100%

Vtr99, you are so wrong my friend.

Bholzer swapped private msgs with me too and KIMOTO, both done the exact same thing to many members including myself....THEY SCREWED US....

There is a big difference between giving some information and telling people its your choice to invest and telling people that your almost finished with some great projects and hold your coins because the price will move and we had meetings with murrays fund raisers etc etc....

I got pumped on megacoin because of kimoto and I got pumped on murraycoin because of bholzer.....There was an old exchange where many of us would chat live and talk about murray including bholzer and I can tell you from now he sucked everyone in....

Kimoto promised a few projects then one day posts that his done......Kimoto comes back with a F U post in some chinese forum....

Bholzer promised a few things and then just vanishes....Bholzer Comes back with a F U post just smiling.....

I dont care if they the same person or 2 different cause thats not the point, the point is they both screwed over all the people who believed and backed them....

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 02:48:32 PM

Brock is a super guy, and I take offense when you say he screwed everyone over. Just how exactly? Because he gave up working on a coin?
It is anyone's right to come or go as they please. Believe me, I wish, hope, pray, and anything I can think of that would bring Kimoto back to Megacoin.
But neither of these guys owes anyone anything. In fact they gave everyone an opportunity for free.

I understand how you feel, but it certainly isn't bholzer's fault that things didn't go as well as some had hoped. Same goes for Kimoto, although he certainly gave Megacoin one of the best foundations you could ask for. I too wish things had gone better, but We should be thanking both these guys.

My current faith in in Ryno, and the SDC team. You should come over and join us.

VTR you are a nice guy and i know you know your stuff.  please don't be blinded by your attachment to MEGA and kimoto.  it's fine and all you trade the coin and no reason to not keep doing so for mega.  it's good at least fat-boy kim dotcom has taken a strong backing with it from years ago, but dev wise it's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon unless something major is done.  sorry to say, you're wrong.  they ARE the same guy.  at least my knowledge/proof shows a VERY VERY STRONG possibility this is the truth as everything (even the timing) lines up perfectly.  

bholzer was early into crypto-alts before it turned into the shit show we know today and before most ppl on this forum, he had some friends trust me.  hence why he left since alts went to hell.  look at how ironically his posts also match for where/when and the amount he "cared" about mega at the time, also his great knowledge of it/etc. and then poof, done...just like kimoto.  HE IS KIMOTO.  a nicely made up shill to manipulate the first crypto masses for mega from the start.  he mined away on pre-launch which was a "fail" *(made up) - the shitty first "launch" of mega before the big real great launch (oh look after he mined all he wanted with buddies), then the hype and first pnd of it...who do you think was behind that?  bam, distribution of all the coins to everyone, he make big coin and just carries along a slow death of false promises as "dr. kimoto chan" lol.  laughable name actually.  shit, tell me how many "dr's" you know in crypto with japanese first name but chinese last name!?  REALLY??  

he did pnd before it was fashion and before anyone here knew what it was lol.  it wasn't called that back then...but hey, he made his money and ran his own side biz in real life...thus no need to "bother" with mega, nor octo or murraycoin.  anyways that's just a gist of the info...take it FWIW.  things go a lot deeper down the rabbit hole Wink -  i guess it's a moot point now since his projects are long dead now.  but fuck it, ppl should at least get some closure.  sure many may not believe...but that's because well, not many even (would) know.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
vtr99
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:56:53 PM

VTR you are a nice guy and i know you know your stuff.  please don't be blinded by your attachment to MEGA and kimoto.  it's fine and all you trade the coin and no reason to not keep doing so for mega.  it's good at least fat-boy kim dotcom has taken a strong backing with it from years ago, but dev wise it's not gonna go anywhere anytime soon unless something major is done.  sorry to say, you're wrong.  they ARE the same guy.  at least my knowledge/proof shows a VERY VERY STRONG possibility this is the truth as everything (even the timing) lines up perfectly.  

bholzer was early into crypto-alts before it turned into the shit show we know today and before most ppl on this forum, he had some friends trust me.  hence why he left since alts went to hell.  look at how ironically his posts also match for where/when and the amount he "cared" about mega at the time, also his great knowledge of it/etc. and then poof, done...just like kimoto.  HE IS KIMOTO.  a nicely made up shill to manipulate the first crypto masses for mega from the start.  he mined away on pre-launch which was a "fail" *(made up) - the shitty first "launch" of mega before the big real great launch (oh look after he mined all he wanted with buddies), then the hype and first pnd of it...who do you think was behind that?  bam, distribution of all the coins to everyone, he make big coin and just carries along a slow death of false promises as "dr. kimoto chan" lol.  laughable name actually.  shit, tell me how many "dr's" you know in crypto with japanese first name but chinese last name!?  REALLY??  

he did pnd before it was fashion and before anyone here knew what it was lol.  it wasn't called that back then...but hey, he made his money and ran his own side biz in real life...thus no need to "bother" with mega, nor octo or murraycoin.  anyways that's just a gist of the info...take it FWIW.  things go a lot deeper down the rabbit hole Wink -  i guess it's a moot point now since his projects are long dead now.  but fuck it, ppl should at least get some closure.  sure many may not believe...but that's because well, not many even (would) know.

I'm sorry, but this sounds like sour grapes to me. I know Brock was in on Megacoin from the beginning just like I was. I consider myself very fortunate in that aspect, but it was mostly luck. Brock was one of the big guns when it came to mining. I am certain Kimoto was also mining at the same time, because at the start it was pretty easy to tell who was responsible for each part of the total hash rate.
Brock was one of the most critical when Megacoin had it's first hiccup. He was ranting at Kimoto, and then finally the KGW was announced. Brock actually stopped mining a few times because of the problem when blocks were getting stuck due to high difficulty. We had a few lengthy discussions on the subject, and Brock was very critical of Kimoto. I still have those emails, and I can pretty much guarantee Bholzer is NOT Kimoto!!! I remember these days well, because those early days were some of the best times I ever had. Oh, and everyone knew from the beginning that Dr. Kimoto Chan was a pseudonym. There was a lot of speculation that he was actually Kim Dotcom, but Kim never, ever claimed any relationship with Megacoin. I think common sense, and time has proven this to be true.

There was NO pre-mine of Megacoin. The launch was announced well in advance. I know, because I was there. I had my miners setup and ready at least 3 days before the launch. Kimoto is very secretive, and has a dry sense of humor, but he was always fair. He never allowed anyone to take an unfair advantage. As I said, he spent a huge amount of time helping me when I got hacked. He could have said tough luck, or just ignored me. It was my own fault, and he didn't owe me anything. But I know he spent many hours trying to help me. Hey, I wish things had turned out different too, but I have no one to blame but myself.

So you can think what you like, but I can assure you Brock and Kimoto are not the same person. I do believe they are both intelligent business people, and know when to cut their losses. Or maybe I should say secure their profits. You can't blame anyone for that. Kimoto did give everyone some closure, he announced he was done developing for Megacoin. Probably because so many ungrateful people expected too much of him. It wasn't like anyone was sending him paychecks.

And I am not blinded by any attachment to Kimoto or Megacoin. I have moved on, but still hope to see Megacoin survive. I am always ready to help if we get some development going.
I mined Murraycoin at the beginning, I just didn't follow it's history much after that. Like most people I love both the Murray brothers, and I hope Murraycoin survives.   

Respectfully, you need to do more homework before making crazy accusations.

CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:02:52 PM

Is this thing on?

duts_bg

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 09:37:41 PM

Is this coin still alive? Does it have working pools, exchange, block explorers?
Is it worth to mining it?

SHIFT is a distributed P2P network that incentivizes decentralization for secure content publishing and storage.
mdawg

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:10:54 AM

Is this coin still alive?
Yes

Does it have working pools
I think just solo mine now might be one pool

, exchange,
Only one Crytopia.

block explorers?
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/BlockExplorer?coin=MRY

Is it worth to mining it? I think so if there is ever any interest again.  The difficulty is so low you can scoop a lot of coins right now.  Best of luck the ship is without a captain right now.

Piston Honda
Legendary

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:52:48 AM

I'm sorry, but this sounds like sour grapes to me. I know Brock was in on Megacoin from the beginning just like I was. I consider myself very fortunate in that aspect, but it was mostly luck. Brock was one of the big guns when it came to mining. I am certain Kimoto was also mining at the same time, because at the start it was pretty easy to tell who was responsible for each part of the total hash rate.
Brock was one of the most critical when Megacoin had it's first hiccup. He was ranting at Kimoto, and then finally the KGW was announced. Brock actually stopped mining a few times because of the problem when blocks were getting stuck due to high difficulty. We had a few lengthy discussions on the subject, and Brock was very critical of Kimoto. I still have those emails, and I can pretty much guarantee Bholzer is NOT Kimoto!!! I remember these days well, because those early days were some of the best times I ever had. Oh, and everyone knew from the beginning that Dr. Kimoto Chan was a pseudonym. There was a lot of speculation that he was actually Kim Dotcom, but Kim never, ever claimed any relationship with Megacoin. I think common sense, and time has proven this to be true.

There was NO pre-mine of Megacoin. The launch was announced well in advance. I know, because I was there. I had my miners setup and ready at least 3 days before the launch. Kimoto is very secretive, and has a dry sense of humor, but he was always fair. He never allowed anyone to take an unfair advantage. As I said, he spent a huge amount of time helping me when I got hacked. He could have said tough luck, or just ignored me. It was my own fault, and he didn't owe me anything. But I know he spent many hours trying to help me. Hey, I wish things had turned out different too, but I have no one to blame but myself.

So you can think what you like, but I can assure you Brock and Kimoto are not the same person. I do believe they are both intelligent business people, and know when to cut their losses. Or maybe I should say secure their profits. You can't blame anyone for that. Kimoto did give everyone some closure, he announced he was done developing for Megacoin. Probably because so many ungrateful people expected too much of him. It wasn't like anyone was sending him paychecks.

And I am not blinded by any attachment to Kimoto or Megacoin. I have moved on, but still hope to see Megacoin survive. I am always ready to help if we get some development going.
I mined Murraycoin at the beginning, I just didn't follow it's history much after that. Like most people I love both the Murray brothers, and I hope Murraycoin survives.   

Respectfully, you need to do more homework before making crazy accusations.

wow, well you're obviously not listening to reason here.  dude...just try to think outside the box.  also, re-read your post from an outsiders viewpoint...it even SOUNDS like you're talking about the exact same person lol, sorry to say but it's true.  you make it sound so sure it's different guys but trust me it's not easy to fake it and isn't it ironic that brock cared SO MUCH for mega and not other coins? or also he was "so mad" but did fuck all about it?  or he was helping you the SAME TIME as kimoto was and they BOTH made TIME for YOU?  anyways not trying to burn the house down...but just trying to at least point you to open your eyes.  dare i need to dig up MY proof then i could and it's pretty damning given who it comes from (someone much 'closer' to brock than you).  but again, no point at this time i guess.  oh well.  i only try to spread the knowledge (i'd spread the wealth too if i had any lulz Wink ).  cheers.

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Pages: « 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [60] 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: