Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:03:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
TN5

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 07:07:12 AM

Murraycoin - Start mining, withdraw coins from pool to wallet, go to sleep, wake-up next morning with empty wallet.

Noblecoin
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 08:48:50 AM

Murraycoin - Start mining, withdraw coins from pool to wallet, go to sleep, wake-up next morning with empty wallet.

heh.. wp
bastiffm

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:04:28 PM

come on.. a bit more activity up in here Wink
ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 02:55:28 PM

Hashrate keeps increasing Smiley
swainzag

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 03:36:53 PM

Is anyone mining in the FushionHash pool?  It's one of the better designed interfaces I have seen out there.  Really slick.  I see they have an ANON coin pool too.

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 09:24:25 PM

Murray mining Murrays:

Bill Murray will be on The Late Show w/ David Letterman tonight promoting The Monuments Men.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
coinmeister

Activity: 72

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:55:52 PM

THIS GUY IS ON FIRE
ymer

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

You need to step-up your marketing mr Dev, I think the wallet design and overall concept is pretty decent, but it won't take off without some good promotion.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:08:52 PM

You need to step-up your marketing mr Dev, I think the wallet design and overall concept is pretty decent, but it won't take off without some good promotion.

I wouldn't worry too much -- we're 11 days in and, despite some ups and downs, we've maintained a respectable average network speed despite not being listed on any exchanges -- a rare accomplishment in itself (we crossed over the 400 MH/s mark at one point and averaged about 100 MH/s all day yesterday despite the reward reduction.) The marketing machine hasn't even begun yet -- it will be a slow roll upward through next week with the release of the Murraycoin Reddit Tip Bot, Twitter Tip Bot, and Google AdWords campaign...but we have some big things in the works beyond that. We have plans in place and everything is in motion -- the community needs to throw in a hand between the lines for maximum impact. This is a noisy market but Murraycoin will be a heavy-hitter...and we're in this for the long haul.

The believers will be rewarded.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2014, 11:49:01 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2014, 01:18:34 AM by bholzer

Also, I wanted to add to my previous post:

Even ignoring the steady network speed throughout the reductions in block rewards, ignoring our roadmap and future plans, ignoring everything we have going on behind the scenes, and just focusing on what's already out there...we've had a pretty successful 11 days. Here is a summary of a handful of what has already happened:

We launched with a 1-block premine which was all given away for promos...and with a 36-block difficulty retarget there was no 10,000 block instamine. For example, Megacoin may not have had a premine...but block 4000 was mined 3 hours in at a (near) 0 difficulty. Block 4000 of Murraycoin wasn't mined until 3 1/2 days after launch...with an average network speed of close to 100 MH/s and cumulative difficulty thousands of times higher. I choose Megacoin in this example because it was actually one of the more fair releases in the past 12 months. Massive premines and instamines have become standard at this point...and it was important to maintain standards of honesty and quality from the start.

We have the most attractive altcoin website out there...with domains sans hyphens or a goofy suffix -- murraycoin.com and murraycoin.org. Small victory...but these days it's worth mentioning.

We have already released 2 (optional) wallet upgrades adding checkpoints and other minor enhancements. We compiled these wallets for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. On that note, the Murraycoin wallet is (arguably, of course) the most attractive wallet out there. (Debian/Ubuntu packages on the horizon but technically that conflicts with the theme of this list -- just wanted to slip that in here.)

Within 24 hours of launch, we had a Murraycoin pool up on FusionHash -- the best mining operation out there. Look at the Anoncoin luck over the past couple days -- unheard of. Also, they are donating their pool fees to the Bill Murray Charity Fund! You will be hearing a lot more about FusionHash soon -- cool team behind it.

We have received nearly 100,000 MRY in donations to the Bill Murray Charity Fund -- how much has CheeseburgerCoin raised for charity? We're 11 days in, guys.

There have been over 1000 Murraycoin wallet downloads.

We launched our own Murraycoin Block Explorer when the 3rd party block explorer kept dropping offline. Again, an example of our demand for quality and reliability.

We haven't been sued yet -- imagine that! A step beyond that, we're being followed on Twitter by Caddyshack Charity Golf (Bill Murray's annual charity golf event.) Extrapolate from that what you will...as we have nothing official to add yet. Again, all is going as planned. The believers and dreamers will be the winners...and believers and dreamers tend to be more generous when it comes to donating to a good cause.

We've followed through on every promise so far...and will continue to follow through on every promise. I could go on-and-on about everything we've accomplished behind the scenes and everything we have in the works...but I understand that results talk and that's what we're focusing on. We release news when results are imminent.

If you have questions...that's what we're here for. Great thing about nerds -- we don't have plans on Friday nights.  Wink

coinmeister

Activity: 72

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:34:13 AM

WOW
mdawg

Activity: 278

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 12:46:25 AM

Scroll back on every thread on this site about MurrayCoin and you will see me saying over and over not to miss out.   Once again Don't miss out there is still high rewards per block!

Great Dev team

Fair Launch

Best Pool I have ever been in

Nice wallet

Bill Murray and Charity

CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 10:47:23 AM

In a current Cryptocurrency environment where coins are created on the premise that they may be used for a particularly specified use albeit completely speculative word association, this coin, Murraycoin stands above the rest and for reasons that make its future both exciting and longstanding.
Named in homage to the great actor Bill Murray, Murraycoin or Murrays as they have been coined affectionately in the community serve an immediate and important purpose which has been in effect since the coins launch on 20th January. >>>

The Murraycoin pool from Fusion Hash has been donating 100% of the pool fees to the Bill Murray Charity Fund Choice - Murray Bros Foundation. Currently it has 100,000.571 MRY of which I have personally donated and will continue to donate. I also donate an additional amount% and encourage others in the pool to do so as well. If you choose to do so you will see a little star next to your username.
http://www.murraycoin.com  you can go here to donate more Murrays or just add a nominal % to your pool fees.
MMY6zFXDw6B7wqot2r2cqyQE7c4e7iL6qv  this is the address which you can see on the website.

Also in the current Crypto environment with the influx of many coins it is no secret that the trend of choice for a newly released coin is the "DUMP" I exclude the word "PUMP" as the price falls from a level without a comparative history price level.
The result in most cases are that these coins sit at these very low prices flies and circle overhead and they are left alone and forgotten.
I am here to tell you MurrayCoin will be different. I have talked to many of the pool miners and none has the intention of selling this thing off and tossing it aside. This coins value is understated. The thing that excites people about this coin is that its being put to a charitable use immediately. I personally want to see this coins value go through the roof. Not so I can dump it. But to know that every Murray I donate is worth more and more and more and more. I see a future where the donations from this coin are too great and other charities can be included hell it might even become the charity coin of choice for many charities.
People always talk about great coin communities, Doge, Franko and Quark come to mind.
Well the Murraycoin community will be no exception. The coin is still available to mine and is still in reward block phases.
If you do start to mine Murray keep a tally of how much you have donated. You will surely get a kick out of watching this coins price go through the roof and realise you are donating more and more just by being a part of this great community.
**Im not a developer, just a miner like you guys who is a big fan of Bill Murray.
If you are a fan of Bill Murray or just like the idea of giving to a charity with your fees get behind this.
We could end up donating more money to this Charity than it has even received to date.
Think BIG and then go beyond that. We will all go there together and not look back.

etfgeek

Activity: 22

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:02:24 AM

What happened to the hashrate?   From 300mh+ down to 50, i don't understand what's the sitch.

Noticed some users in the pool with some familiar names. I seriously doubt PVI would touch Bitcoin itself with a 10 foot pole let alone be mining an obscure altcoin.  That's gotta be a joke or something.  That user's got a lot of hash power though!
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:15:09 AM

Hi EFTGEEK and welcome! I can see you have only been a member here from just last night and your first stop is here to comment on Murraycoin! Thanks for your obvious interest. I can't explain movements in hash rates or the intentions of PVI. However yes that is a big hash rate isn't it! The more the merrier  Cheesy I once saw George Clooney mining in a pool though Im sure it wasn't him.
If you are new to mining just pick a fun name and go with it.
As for the term Obscure coin I must disagree most politely. Nothing obscure about this one. Its very focused in its mission.
Since you are new. Take some time to look around plenty of information on Murraycoin.
Welcome to the community!

etfgeek

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:24:58 AM

Hi EFTGEEK and welcome! I can see you have only been a member here from just last night and your first stop is here to comment on Murraycoin! Thanks for your obvious interest. I can't explain movements in hash rates or the intentions of PVI. However yes that is a big hash rate isn't it! The more the merrier  Cheesy I once saw George Clooney mining in a pool though Im sure it wasn't him.
If you are new to mining just pick a fun name and go with it.
As for the term Obscure coin I must disagree most politely. Nothing obscure about this one. Its very focused in its mission.
Since you are new. Take some time to look around plenty of information on Murraycoin.
Welcome to the community!

Hi there, thanks for the welcome!  I am new to mining, and figured people just choose fun names for users, that makes sense.  PVI and the other one in there, StCharlesCapital, they are only fun names for money wonks like me.  PVI is the last place i would expect to see mining rigs lol.  Very sector specific.

I found murraycoin from cryptocointalk and only just found it here too.  Bill Murray. What more needs to be said, this thing will explode, he's one of the gods of the internet pantheon right now.  We should get a pic with him holding a murraycoin QR code, that would rip! "Roll Over Dogge-y, play dead"
mdawg

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 02:35:58 AM

How about this.....Bill Murray Mining MurrayCoin on David Letterman

http://makeagif.com/i/frcs4n

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 08:09:16 AM

Happy Groundhog Day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OyBSrBqogPY

etfgeek

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:40:52 PM

Are there any exchanges up yet trading MRY?
mdawg

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:07:45 AM

Just the exchange where you tell me how many MRY  you have and how much you want and I buy them all!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: