Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:08:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117839 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
etfgeek

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:42:09 AM

There will be news for Murraycoin in the coming week. It will be worth the wait.
The block rewards are still very high. People with one gpu card are avg .5btc a day.
This price is in relation to a private exchange so the price may very well be higher.
Everyone is too used to a climate of hurry up and release and as a result coins fail almost immediately.
Just like the real physical world of business the more planning behind a product the better chance it has to
match peoples needs and have success.

Murraycoin has been in development for many months unlike coins that are made and released within the same week.
As a result of this detailed hard work you can expect great things for yourself as miners, the Bill Murray Charity and even if you are on the
sidelines just watching you will have a chance to participate in some great happenings.
I have mined Murraycoin from the first week and continue to do so and will do despite there being coins of higher profitability currently.
The long term value plus the chance to really make a difference to the lives of many associated with the Murray Bros Foundation is what draws me me and holds me to this.

Don't get me wrong I could be mining doge for just a day or 2 to pay the electricity and switching back to Murray, or I could change every day to a new released coin and have a diverse portfolio of what if coins.
The early block rewards are incentives and I say early because they are still amazing. However even at standard block I will continue to mine.
Before you say this coin was mined early heavily by the dev, it wasn't. The bigger holdings are by people like me who took a chance and still haven't paid the electricity bill. Its like me crying over the money people made of DOGE coins recent release or Vertcoin 2 day rise.
Good luck to all the coins old and new and all the miners. Anyone can tell what the most profitable coin is on www.coinwars.com if its on an exchange. Its harder to tell the VALUE if its new or unreleased. Don't focus on what other people have focus on what you have and can have.
AND once you HAVE it what you can GIVE. You CAN give to the Murray Bros Foundation immediately.
This coin is about belief in something brilliant. Its about building VALUE to the people who believe in it at every stage and taking this value to the outside world. This coin WILL have global media coverage before you know it.
Its quiet now but don't put your ear to close to the speakers things are about to get LOUD.

>The block rewards are still very high. People with one gpu card are avg .5btc a day.

How are you getting this valuation?  That would mean 1MRY ~ 0.0002-0.0004 BTC assuming a premium card with perfect settings (around 10,000-15,000 MRY/day).  If people are earning .5BTC/day with one GPU at that rate, I don't think the electricity costs are going to matter much, no?     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CryptoLogo

Activity: 656
Merit: 251

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:09:30 AM

The figures for the price can be found here it is an estimate. And yes electricity wouldn't matter much.

http://murray.fusionhash.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

This sounds like a good coin, but I have two questions:
1. Has Bill Murray endorsed the coin? since you use his picture, if not then it could be ended like Coinye.
2. Is it true that dev has a lot of coins? I heard he has more than 10% of the coins?

1. I had the same concerns exactly. As I say news will be coming out very shortly made public by the dev.
    I can guarantee it won't end like Coinye. That much I can say.
2. The dev definitely does not have more than 10% of the coins or even half of that. I check the pools everyday and he is always half way     down the list. I have seen the posts you refer to where people have said look how much this person has.
I have preeeeety much near the top and even that is nowhere near 10%. I hope this coin is worth millions so I can fly to USA and deliver millions personally to the Murray Bros Charity. Im that guy. I came here with nothing. Im not rich but I do want to change peoples lives for the better. I will also be giving personally to Childrens Hospital and cancer research. All the things we see advertised daily and wish we could help. I look forward to that.

Everyone has their own goals. If you have any questions the dev is open to them and this community is here to help

etfgeek

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:19:12 AM

The figures for the price can be found here it is an estimate. And yes electricity wouldn't matter much.

http://murray.fusionhash.com/index.php?page=statistics&action=pool

This sounds like a good coin, but I have two questions:
1. Has Bill Murray endorsed the coin? since you use his picture, if not then it could be ended like Coinye.
2. Is it true that dev has a lot of coins? I heard he has more than 10% of the coins?

1. I had the same concerns exactly. As I say news will be coming out very shortly made public by the dev.
    I can guarantee it won't end like Coinye. That much I can say.
2. The dev definitely does not have more than 10% of the coins or even half of that. I check the pools everyday and he is always half way     down the list. I have seen the posts you refer to where people have said look how much this person has.
I have preeeeety much near the top and even that is nowhere near 10%. I hope this coin is worth millions so I can fly to USA and deliver millions personally to the Murray Bros Charity. Im that guy. I came here with nothing. Im not rich but I do want to change peoples lives for the better. I will also be giving personally to Childrens Hospital and cancer research. All the things we see advertised daily and wish we could help. I look forward to that.

Everyone has their own goals. If you have any questions the dev is open to them and this community is here to help

That raises a good question. Who is the dev, is it the thread OP?   Rgd 10% of all coins, I don't think the pool usernames can be any clue, dev can easily be the #1 username under an alias as someone pointed out to me earlier (I am certain it isn't really "PfizerVenture" as in the med sector investment fund).

I'm not clear on the message of the coin tbh.  Im seeing image macros of gravy trains on one hand, and talk of charity and curing cancer and benefiting Childrens Hospitals on the other hand. Simple math says the official charity portion will represent a very, very small sliver of the money this coin is expected to generate (if it generates much at all, still a big unknown) and I feel a little patronized with that 'charity' message being repeated over and over like its the main objective here when it obviously is not. Might as well just be upfront about it, peeps. This is a game to make money for a few devs and investors and lucky miners with a charity sprinkled on to sugarcoat it so people participating feel better about themselves.  Not much different than all the other coins popping up every week in here. Snap, it does have Bill Murray going for it, which is nice. Except doesn't look like Bill Murray is involved at all other than donating his picture and name. 

I'm here to make money and I see the charity as just a nice little sideshow. Dunno maybe I'm just a greedy leech and everyone else here is channeling mother teresa and I am only speaking for myself.
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:31:11 AM

1.The dev in the thread is bholzer.
I'm not clear on the message of the coin tbh.  Im seeing image macros of gravy trains on one hand, and talk of charity and curing cancer and benefiting Childrens Hospitals on the other hand.
2. I was speaking personally of my goals of donating a great portion of what I make from this coin to various charities including the Murray Bros Foundation.
Simple math says the official charity portion will represent a very, very small sliver of the money this coin is expected to generate (if it generates much at all, still a big unknown) and I feel a little patronized with that 'charity' message being repeated over and over like its the main objective here when it obviously is not.
Simple math may say that complicated math does not. You are not figuring in the future contributions. What has been donated at this point already is amazing and will continue to be so.
You feeling patronised makes no sense whatsoever. Charity is one of the main focuses. If you dont want to feel patronised mine it yourself and donate to the Murray Bros Foundation.
Might as well just be upfront about it, peeps. This is a game to make money for a few devs and investors and lucky miners with a charity sprinkled on to sugarcoat it so people participating feel better about themselves.
Might as well be upfront about it this coin is clear as day what its about. That is your opinion unfortunately it does make you sound like a greedy leech out to mine the most profitable coin and cash out immediately. That is not what this coin is about.
Go to coinwarz.com if you are just out for a quick dollar.

You don't have to be Mother Theresa to want to make the world better. Put down your stones and walk away if this isn't a cause for you.
If not you are welcome like everyone else. Lets help the needy.

ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:22:55 AM

Yes, it is about making money.  Real charities accept donations in real, spendable money to solve real problems, and they are registered in their local government tax authorities under provisions defining their allowable forms of revenue explicitly as such. Most ... legitimate charities do not allocate 98%+ of their documented revenue to financial awards to charity organizers.

The closest "charity" vehicle this thing resembles is a raffle... if the raffle was run by P.T. Barnum and designed so the raffle organizers get to keep most of the tickets for themselves while letting everyone else assume it was a fair distribution.  Nobody familiar with altcoins is going to fall for this pitch, but if you get people outside that circle to buy in to this thing, yeah they probably won't know what's going to hit them.  That looks like the business plan here, and I am mining so I have a feeling it might work. Point is, I'm not under any illusions about what is going on insofar as the presentation about the coin has been honest. But keep the charity propaganda up by all means! I'll tune it out, but the newbies will probably believe you and a new coin launch needs fresh newbies for all that fresh squeezed newbie cash.  Somebody's gotta buy this thing when we sell it at whatever price is set when it goes to an exchange, and the buyers can't be savvy customers or they will stay far away. So newbies, God bless 'em, are going to eat the loss on this like they always do with every new coin.  

Why is it you always seem to spread hate? this dev has create a way for a famous figure to explode into the world of crypto coins, while also raising money for people who need it. Just go back to trying to find your next coin to try and mass-mine for profit. As we are here minding our own business, try to bring a little good to the world we live in... why do you see fit that you are higher than us in moral standards? trying to make out your a god and warning ('trolling') new members of your opinions.

This coin will do wonders, this coin will change the Murray Bros Foundation for the good. No matter how much hate you bring, if you ever need help setting up your miner for MRY, just pm and ill help you Smiley have an amazing day!
ShootEmMoore

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:39:23 AM

1.The dev in the thread is bholzer.
I'm not clear on the message of the coin tbh.  Im seeing image macros of gravy trains on one hand, and talk of charity and curing cancer and benefiting Childrens Hospitals on the other hand.
2. I was speaking personally of my goals of donating a great portion of what I make from this coin to various charities including the Murray Bros Foundation.
Simple math says the official charity portion will represent a very, very small sliver of the money this coin is expected to generate (if it generates much at all, still a big unknown) and I feel a little patronized with that 'charity' message being repeated over and over like its the main objective here when it obviously is not.
Simple math may say that complicated math does not. You are not figuring in the future contributions. What has been donated at this point already is amazing and will continue to be so.
You feeling patronised makes no sense whatsoever. Charity is one of the main focuses. If you dont want to feel patronised mine it yourself and donate to the Murray Bros Foundation.
Might as well just be upfront about it, peeps. This is a game to make money for a few devs and investors and lucky miners with a charity sprinkled on to sugarcoat it so people participating feel better about themselves.
Might as well be upfront about it this coin is clear as day what its about. That is your opinion unfortunately it does make you sound like a greedy leech out to mine the most profitable coin and cash out immediately. That is not what this coin is about.
Go to coinwarz.com if you are just out for a quick dollar.

You don't have to be Mother Theresa to want to make the world better. Put down your stones and walk away if this isn't a cause for you.
If not you are welcome like everyone else. Lets help the needy.

CryptoLogo, I took a look at the block explorer, here is what I found:

1. From the charity donation address MMY6zFXDw6B7wqot2r2cqyQE7c4e7iL6qv, you can see the incoming of the donations here:
http://cryptexplorer.com/address/MMY6zFXDw6B7wqot2r2cqyQE7c4e7iL6qv

take a look at the top 6 donations:
41745.91 MRYs: this is the second donation
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/2fb8295f8067ab02243d2dcfa2fe70d8a5acb8eabffe27359e83de5b8de2e0d2#o1
18091.221 MRYs:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/c002a32b31b79a69ad69128aa5729d0e92e0386e4ad641306931a21470bb385a#o1
17586 MRYs:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/cd0d8d0806ce40d88bf0c14c7aa084ac8ff49b36ddc58b5d660b913be71cd2c1#o1
15239.596 MRYs:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/ddca9e78e6612280483d91a1eeeac2e0dfccd4320c97dcfb77d1193c32ef9d11#o0
10000 MRYs:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/9b55523582b887c66385ef84c8640795ff9d553f6a38cddee72ee9030efcb795#o0
10000 MRYs:
http://cryptexplorer.com/tx/1ed887ab831a69f0c1786d00303c2621177cae980ca2bb934089e5d2cce8f8be#o0

you see 5 of 6 donations come from this address:
M9yVH9x9N6pBx83j8C57nwgfwzf7ee5dth
and another (3rd in the list) from this address:
MK8Vx5D7oF8heKZns7JShJJnN18UuoDT1m

The first address looks like dev's mining account. The second address, if you look into it, it receives many coins from elsewhere. Clicking on these transactions showed almost all of them come from M9yVH9x9N6pBx83j8C57nwgfwzf7ee5dth. So it is also an account of the dev. It has 471942.28095874 MRY in it.

M9yVH9x9N6pBx83j8C57nwgfwzf7ee5dth I can't see the balance, as it has too many transactions.

The other two accounts said to be dev's, in another thread:
http://cryptexplorer.com/address/MA5WmiMdtgodMWu5atJtGu6uUtidCJUvDf
http://cryptexplorer.com/address/MJjevo9ZvQuksm9t5W59NkyaGJ5CvJ3HPu

looking into them, and see where the coins come from, again most come from M9yVH9x9N6pBx83j8C57nwgfwzf7ee5dth.

The two accounts have 601656.45518613 MRY and 472781.86760047 MRY respectively.

So in total about 1.55 million MRYs from the 3 accounts from dev. Block explorer shows outstanding coin count is 14459840. This is about 11%. Do I miss something there? If so please let me know.

This doesn't make sence. You have only stated that these accounts are "said to be dev's", the figures are right, however its more likely that the 3 accounts are owned by 3 separate people, in which case would be a perfect scenario, thank you. if you wish to continue talking please PM me. have a nice day. Smiley
Mike_Jones_2

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:50:18 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 04:01:24 AM by Mike_Jones_2

I want to say I've actually donated 23k and am the number two donator. You missed a 6k donation in your calculations. I'm just a supporter and believer in the cause.

Mikejones1
CryptoLogo

www.fintropy.io

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:07:08 AM

No you didn't find this you copy and pasted it from another forum verbatim.
YAWN

Karmacoin how fitting. Good luck indeed

bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:14:09 AM
Last edit: February 10, 2014, 08:22:48 PM by bholzer

I'm out of town this weekend but will be back in action tomorrow evening - I will attempt to address all of the questions at that point.

Rest-assured, there is no great conspiracy here. I just wanted everybody to be aware that I am, in fact, the lead dev. Also, the primary donor to the charity fund is FusionHash (the pool where the majority of the mining has been going on) - they donated 100% of their 2% pool fees to the fund.

Obviously Murraycoin isn't going to be 100% about the charity - if it were, nobody would be here and the value would suffer (therefore making the donations themselves pointless.) The charity was always part of the equation and the only way we could get the green light to use the "Murray" name. Also, if we want Bill Murray to promote Murraycoin, there needs to be an incentive for him, right? I think it's awesome that people continue to donate - I also think it's pretty odd to be upset about Murraycoin because we are promoting charity. I've been donating money to causes I believe in for the past several years...and this seemed like a great way to raise money for a good cause in a unique way.

We have a coin here where 1 single block was premined (and completely given away within the first week) with a difficulty adjustment every 36 blocks to avoid the instamines that are so popular with the zero-premined coins. Look at the cumulative difficulty of Murraycoin at block 2000 vs the cumulative difficulty of Megacoin - we had over 100 MH/s on the network within the first 12 hours and the first round of promo blocks lasted for days (as intended.) The hash rate crossed over 400 MH/s at points and we urged people to get in there and mine early on Twitter, IRC, here, CryptoCoinTalk, etc - we certainly weren't trying to keep anybody from mining (quite the opposite, actually.) Go take a look at the block chain for Mincoin, for example -- the difficulty adjusted so slow that those giant 500 MNC blocks were gone in a few minutes without an announcement anywhere on these forums...yet the coin has been pretty successful and continues to be mined despite 2 MNC blocks being the stadard block reward.

We tried to make the release as fair as possible. I have been mining since shortly after launch, the Murraycoin investors have been solo-mining since block 1000, the difficulty has scaled well and the network speed has been respectable the entire time. Murraycoin just launched on January 20th and there is a ton going on behind-the-scenes. People are having fun with it and it will be profitable for everybody involved. With nearly 200,000 MRY donated to the foundation so far and their target price of $5/coin, that would set the value of the donations near $1 million USD - not bad for a few weeks (that would represent about 25% of what their foundation has raised since inception.) Also, I'm sure people will continue to donate.

We staggered the rewards because we needed to build up the charity fund early. I do want to make it clear that we are not a charity, we are not claiming to be a charity, and the Murray Bros. Foundation themselves are not a charity (MB Caddyshack Charity Golf Inc. is a 501 (C)3 nonprofit designated by the IRS.) However, the donations all go to the Murray Bros. Foundation and they select which charity/charities to give the funds to. They have been around for several years.

I'm not sure where this hostility is coming from - we have been completely transparent about everything, really. I've answered every private message I've received and we definitely aren't trying to hide anything. When Nike sells pink golf balls to help benefit breast cancer, for example, it doesn't mean Nike is a charity! Investors have backed this project with a fair amount of money - Murraycoin will be big with or without you...but we'd love to have you onboard and in the community.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
landslide

Activity: 616

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:16:15 AM

YAWN

??
What do you mean? Where do I copy? why do I need to copy? hope I did not offend anyone here. I was just stating what I see from the block explorer. I have nothing to do with this coin, I am not even mining it.

Anyway, if you guys don't like what I posted, please delete them. I posted what I saw in block explorer, that's all.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 04:31:38 AM

YAWN

??
What do you mean? Where do I copy? why do I need to copy? hope I did not offend anyone here. I was just stating what I see from the block explorer. I have nothing to do with this coin, I am not even mining it.

Anyway, if you guys don't like what I posted, please delete them. I posted what I saw in block explorer, that's all.

I'd prefer not to delete posts unless they are completely off-topic or just blatant trolling - if there are legitimate questions or concerns I'd prefer to leave them in the thread (and eventually use the info to create a comprehensive Q&A) - if somebody comes here with the same question, they will find an answer that way.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:56:53 AM

There will be news for Murraycoin in the coming week. It will be worth the wait.
The block rewards are still very high. People with one gpu card are avg .5btc a day.
This price is in relation to a private exchange so the price may very well be higher.
Everyone is too used to a climate of hurry up and release and as a result coins fail almost immediately.
Just like the real physical world of business the more planning behind a product the better chance it has to

Murraycoin has been in development for many months unlike coins that are made and released within the same week.
As a result of this detailed hard work you can expect great things for yourself as miners, the Bill Murray Charity and even if you are on the
sidelines just watching you will have a chance to participate in some great happenings.
I have mined Murraycoin from the first week and continue to do so and will do despite there being coins of higher profitability currently.
The long term value plus the chance to really make a difference to the lives of many associated with the Murray Bros Foundation is what draws me me and holds me to this.

Don't get me wrong I could be mining doge for just a day or 2 to pay the electricity and switching back to Murray, or I could change every day to a new released coin and have a diverse portfolio of what if coins.
The early block rewards are incentives and I say early because they are still amazing. However even at standard block I will continue to mine.
Before you say this coin was mined early heavily by the dev, it wasn't. The bigger holdings are by people like me who took a chance and still haven't paid the electricity bill. Its like me crying over the money people made of DOGE coins recent release or Vertcoin 2 day rise.
Good luck to all the coins old and new and all the miners. Anyone can tell what the most profitable coin is on www.coinwars.com if its on an exchange. Its harder to tell the VALUE if its new or unreleased. Don't focus on what other people have focus on what you have and can have.
AND once you HAVE it what you can GIVE. You CAN give to the Murray Bros Foundation immediately.
This coin is about belief in something brilliant. Its about building VALUE to the people who believe in it at every stage and taking this value to the outside world. This coin WILL have global media coverage before you know it.
Its quiet now but don't put your ear to close to the speakers things are about to get LOUD.

Where and how do I get on the private exchange....WTB more MRY!!

endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:56:38 PM

+1! Where is private exchange? WTS some MRY!
ATScuba

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:19:00 PM

I want to sell some MRY - Please PM me with amount/offer
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 12:06:20 PM

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm officially back in the saddle. Some major updates are imminent...but we're still waiting until we get a few more pieces in place before the announcement.

I skimmed this thread and was going to write up a big post addressing all of the negativity, wallet addresses, etc...but decided it just isn't worth it. The wallet detectives still haven't found my wallet...and even if they did why would it matter? Why is it so terrible that I believe in Murraycoin and have been mining it along with you guys? The investors have also been mining it...and the other devs have been mining it as well on their single GPUs. If that's a red flag to you...please go elsewhere. If the development team believing in their coin and acquiring it fairly alongside everybody else is a negative to you...your logic is flawed beyond hope.

I'm going to put together a FAQ because the same questions and false accusations and nonsense claims keep coming up over and over again and it doesn't make sense to keep addressing them every single time.

I will at least provide a mini-update later today...but for now I leave you with this (brace yourselves): Murraycoin is not Coinye. Despite popular belief around here, Kanye West and Bill Murray are not the same person. Kanye is an asshole...and Bill Murray is a badass. Coinye had no ties with Kanye West. Coinye was not partnered with Kanye West's charity (I don't even know if he has a charity.) Murraycoin has absolutely nothing to do with Coinye. Coinye happened to be in the news around the same time Murraycoin was launched...and because of the one single factor these two coins have in common (they both feature a celebrity) people instantly assumed they would suffer the same fate. Incorrect.

There has been enough jumping to conclusions surrounding Murraycoin that the earth could have been circled a dozen times by now. For those of you that have taken the time to think for yourselves and become a member of this community, I really appreciate it. It's a breath of fresh air to realize I'm not the only one wrongfully locked in this bitcointalk loony bin.

Updates imminent...

MrE78

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 04:34:25 PM

Have you tried to contact Bill Murray's agent for an official endorsement? Or maybe the foundation to get something official?

Otherwise sadly there could be problems with this coin.

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 08:22:10 PM

Have you tried to contact Bill Murray's agent for an official endorsement? Or maybe the foundation to get something official?

We have been in contact with the foundation, yes. We have Bill Murray's indifference but we're working on getting him directly involved. He doesn't have an agent and he's been extremely busy promoting his movie/etc. There will not be a problem with this coin - our only concern is improving this coin.

etfgeek, I've simply removed your post again. You registered here on February 1st and almost all of your posts are in here contributing zero value to the discussion. You're the same guy that thinks somebody I've never met making a hilarious "gravy train" picture makes it the official Murraycoin message (not to mention you obviously missed the fact that it's a line from a Bill Murray movie) - if you aren't interested in Murraycoin why do you spend all of your time here? Official statements from celebrities and foundations don't happen overnight - we're 3 weeks into Murraycoin and the wheels move slowly on these things. There is paperwork, lawyers involved, etc.

Perhaps a more fitting coin for etfgeek would be CheeseburgerCoin?

etfgeek

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 08:31:57 PM

We have been in contact with the foundation, yes. We have Bill Murray's indifference but we're working on getting him directly involved. He doesn't have an agent and he's been extremely busy promoting his movie/etc. There will not be a problem with this coin - our only concern is improving this coin.

etfgeek, I've simply removed your post again. You registered here on February 1st and almost all of your posts are in here contributing zero value to the discussion. You're the same guy that thinks somebody I've never met making a hilarious "gravy train" picture makes it the official Murraycoin message (not to mention you obviously missed the fact that it's a line from a Bill Murray movie) - if you aren't interested in Murraycoin why do you spend all of your time here? Official statements from celebrities and foundations don't happen overnight - we're 3 weeks into Murraycoin and the wheels move slowly on these things. There is paperwork, lawyers involved, etc.

> if you aren't interested in Murraycoin why do you spend all of your time here?

Maybe it's because I am mining this coin and I don't want to find out that I've been wasting my time on something that is looking more and more like a poorly planned fuckup by a dev with his priorities out of order?
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 09:10:51 PM

> if you aren't interested in Murraycoin why do you spend all of your time here?

Maybe it's because I am mining this coin and I don't want to find out that I've been wasting my time on something that is looking more and more like a poorly planned fuckup by a dev with his priorities out of order?

Everything is going as planned; connections were made and the Murraycoin groundwork was done in December (over a month before the coin launched.) If you're concerned you have wasted your time, I would be happy to buy your coins from you so you can go elsewhere. We aren't interested in making people jumpy - we're 3 weeks into the launch of The Murraycoin Project and marketing efforts have barely even begun. To give you an idea of our timeline, we are sponsoring a hole at Bill Murray's annual charity golf event at the end of March and the Murraycoin team will be down there competing in the tournament - Murraycoin was never designed to be a quick pump-and-dump like it sounds like you may be looking for. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a quick buck (let's be honest, that's what most people are looking for in the crypto market)...but I want to make sure you're here for the right reasons - this is a long-term coin. There may be a lot of early profit to be had as soon as it starts hitting the exchanges...but that is certainly not the mission here.

Nothing you have said has helped move things forward - as a supposed investor in Murraycoin (I consider mining an investment, by the way) you should be trying to help instead of spreading confusion and negativity without having the information required to make the claims you are making.

etfgeek

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 09:50:24 PM

Everything is going as planned; connections were made and the Murraycoin groundwork was done in December (over a month before the coin launched.) If you're concerned you have wasted your time, I would be happy to buy your coins from you so you can go elsewhere. We aren't interested in making people jumpy - we're 3 weeks into the launch of The Murraycoin Project and marketing efforts have barely even begun. To give you an idea of our timeline, we are sponsoring a hole at Bill Murray's annual charity golf event at the end of March and the Murraycoin team will be down there competing in the tournament - Murraycoin was never designed to be a quick pump-and-dump like it sounds like you may be looking for. There is nothing wrong with wanting to make a quick buck (let's be honest, that's what most people are looking for in the crypto market)...but I want to make sure you're here for the right reasons - this is a long-term coin. There may be a lot of early profit to be had as soon as it starts hitting the exchanges...but that is certainly not the mission here.

Nothing you have said has helped move things forward - as a supposed investor in Murraycoin (I consider mining an investment, by the way) you should be trying to help instead of spreading confusion and negativity without having the information required to make the claims you are making.

Here's the thing.  From all appearances, this coin is nice enough but on a technical level it's nothing that special any more.  The special sauce, such as it is, is the association with Bill Murray and with the charity that has his name on it.  But up to now all of the specific talk from the dev team has been about technical 'coin launch' things that don't matter that much (not to detract from the work a coin launch takes, but effort involved in a launch is not unique to MRY vs any other altcoin that is launched these days), and nothing solid said about the one thing that matters most of all - endorsement status.  As someone mining (and yes I agree this is tantamount to investing) this coin, that means "something that confirms that the rug wont be pulled out from under this coin at the 11th hour" like what happened to CoinYe.  This is the only thing that really matters -- and yet it's the one thing that there has been the least solid information about.  Asking this very reasonable question gets you handwaved away or called 'negative.'  Maybe you have solid confirmation now? I still can't tell from what you are saying above though it is better than what we had before. Though it looks like getting the official all clear statement from the MB foundation was an afterthought, not something that was done in the beginning before any coin development was launched. If this coin is launched 100% above board you would have no problem or questions from anyone, not me, not others on this site, and you will take off like a rocketship.   
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: