Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 05:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [MRY] Murraycoin ▪ The Only Currency Worthy of Bill Murray ▪ Now Scrypt-2048  (Read 117842 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 10:32:37 PM

Sent you a PM to try to take this discussion out of the thread and into a more suitable format. You absolutely have some legitimate concerns...and I'm happy to squash those...but I'm just trying to keep this thread on-point. I will create another thread this week designed more for general discussion - presumably, we will have more information out there at that point as well.

One of our guys is working on a comprehensive FAQ and a timeline right now - hoping to have that online by EOD.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mdawg

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:17:34 AM

A)How much MurrayCoin to buy my way into a spot to golf at the Cadyshack Tourney???

B)How do I get on the Fusionhash Beta exchange?Huh

C) How much MurrayCoin to buy my way into a spot to golf at the Cadyshack Tourney???

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 07:19:54 AM

A)How much MurrayCoin to buy my way into a spot to golf at the Cadyshack Tourney???

B)How do I get on the Fusionhash Beta exchange?Huh

C) How much MurrayCoin to buy my way into a spot to golf at the Cadyshack Tourney???

A) Not sure. However, apparently the Murraycoin team will not be competing in the tournament (I misunderstood our arrangement) - we will be sponsoring a hole and attending the Thursday Night Pairings Party and Friday Night Awards Party and Concert. I'm not sure if the tournament was full or if we just aren't cool enough (yet) to compete but we are stoked to be there regardless! Nobody wants to wait around for me to five-putt every hole anyway! A ticket to attend both parties (all you can eat and drink during both parties and live entertainment) is only $200/person and obviously goes toward the charity chosen by the Murray Bros. Foundation for this event. The coolest part, of course, is that Bill Murray will be there partying all night! Pretty insane deal, really - they could probably charge double that and still pack the place. If you're interested, let me know - we have 1 extra ticket and might raffle it off to raise additional Murraycoins for the charity fund.

B) Right now it's pretty difficult - I didn't even gain access until a couple days ago. They require you have a "net worth" of at least 100 BTC (which was a cumbersome process) and they have supposedly capped it at this point. Love FusionHash for their Murraycoin support obviously...but I didn't love filling out a 2-page PDF document and emailing it in to apply for their beta. Also, while the exchange seems awesome, it's pretty boring - hardly anybody is in there! Murraycoin volume is extremely low - I've sold a few and bought a few...but right now, for example, there are 3 people logged into the exchange. I'm trying to convince them to expand the beta to ensure everything continues to run this smooth with 10x the volume. FTC and LTC volume is high (some people have been making a killing on FTC today) but I'm about the only person in there selling Murraycoin now (of course I'm not selling much - just what I've been buying from people on the forums.) They aren't planning to open up the exchange to the public until April...so I'll talk to BigVern this week and get Murraycoin up on Cryptsy soon so everybody has a place to trade.

C) Not sure. However, apparently the Murraycoin team will not be competing in the tournament (I misunderstood our arrangement) - we will be sponsoring a hole and attending the Thursday Night Pairings Party and Friday Night Awards Party and Concert. I'm not sure if the tournament was full or if we just aren't cool enough (yet) to compete but we are stoked to be there regardless! Nobody wants to wait around for me to five-putt every hole anyway! A ticket to attend both parties (all you can eat and drink during both parties and live entertainment) is only $200/person and obviously goes toward the charity chosen by the Murray Bros. Foundation for this event. The coolest part, of course, is that Bill Murray will be there partying all night! Pretty insane deal, really - they could probably charge double that and still pack the place. If you're interested, let me know - we have 1 extra ticket and might raffle it off to raise additional Murraycoins for the charity fund.

Grin

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 08:21:56 PM

NEVER been to the USA should I do it haha it would be an epic adventure. I would also be glad no actual golf was involved as I'm a terrible putter. I can smack the hell out of the ball with a driver. I also love food and the restaurant sounds amazing ...

I WANT A HAMBURGER. NO, CHEESEBURGER.
MURRAY BROS. CADDYSHACK© RESTAURANT
The name, Murray Bros. Caddyshack, stems back to the Murray brothers' teenage years when all of them worked as caddies and in several other golf-related jobs to pay their way through school. Designed to reflect the Murray's Midwest upbringing, the restaurant's menu includes Sheboygan bratwurst, Chicago hot dogs and Italian beef in addition to salads, pasta, seafood and barbeque. The restaurant is open seven days a week, serving lunch and dinner.

I am going to the opening MLB baseball series in Sydney the LA Dodgers vs the Arizona Diamondbacks 22nd March. First time they have visited.
Maybe I could get a trip back with them hiding in a Mascot outfit.

Bill Freakin Murray wow! Legend

If you can't make it this year...you should definitely plan for next year. That ticket price isn't cheap, though! Of course if you can pull off the old trojan mascot...

oudekaas

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:32:07 PM

hi,

just wondering what your plans are at the party, does anyone know you there yet? Like will there be a for,al meeting, what are you bringing to the table, I am genuinly interested and it would be beyond awesome if you get to meet our hero there!

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

oudekaas

Activity: 350

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:34:40 PM

hi,

just wondering what your plans are at the party, does anyone know you there yet? Like will there be a for,al meeting, what are you bringing to the table, I am genuinly interested and it would be beyond awesome if you get to meet our hero there!

when are we trying to hit coinrush.in/ coinmarket.io?

they pretty much accept anycoin for 0.25 BTC fee. After the meeting?

▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 09:49:13 PM

hi,

when are we trying to hit coinrush.in/ coinmarket.io?

they pretty much accept anycoin for 0.25 BTC fee. After the meeting?

There are people there who know us (such as the tournament/foundation director) but if they don't know us now, they will afterward. We have no formal meetings set up - we are going down there with the intent to participate just like any other hole sponsor. Obviously we would love some face time with Bill...but who wouldn't? Hopefully we will at least get a chance to say "hi" and maybe throw back a shot of tequila with him!

I haven't reached out to coinrush or coinmarket - we have spoken with CoinEX and somebody created a thread at Cryptsy (here) that has 120 votes or so...but we've been so busy working out the logistics of this project, building out new features, answering questions/etc that the exchanges have been a bit of an afterthought until recently. We had hoped it would happen organically or through community support but I'd say it's time for us to start making that push.

I hate to pay "bribes" to an exchange to have them list a coin that's just going to make them a lot of money. Hopefully that's not the standard way to get coins listed - it's not about the money...but it seems a bit shady to me. I would hope it's more about quality than payoffs because, in the long run, that's better for the exchange, the altcoin community, and altcoins in general.

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:32:58 AM
Last edit: February 12, 2014, 11:57:16 AM by bholzer

Not a lot to report...but wanted to leave you with some visibility on our focus for this week before I call it a night - we are working on finalizing the game plan for the official announcement from the Murray Bros. Foundation. This may not sound like much, but it will surely get a lot of press (both in and out of the crypto world and possibly even some Hollywood-related exposure.) My guess is this/these announcement(s) will pull in a lot of the Murraycoin holdouts while simultaneously attracting a lot of people that have been living under a rock.

The Google AdWords campaign has been temporarily suspended due to poor results and some heavy abuse - anyone care to guess who may have been behind it?  Roll Eyes

I have spoken with our AdWords rep and we have put together a method to eliminate the issues...but we've put it on the backburner for now and will pick it up again next week. Enough irons in the fire...and a lot of those irons are more important.

The Murraycoin Reddit Tipbot has been rocking for about a week now - it has worked to attract at least a handful of new individuals over to Murraycoin (I've noticed a few of them in the FusionHash pool.) If you are interested in getting involved, check out:

http://www.reddit.com/r/murraycointip

To get registered, send a Reddit PM to:

murraycointip

In the body, you just put:

+register

Subject can be anything. Basically, this is a much more efficient (and fun) way to distribute coins vs a boring faucet (and a bit more targeted.) Get a look at this character's recent activity:

http://www.reddit.com/user/murraycoin_santa - Hilarious

Obviously the /r/bitcoin and /r/litecoin Subreddits frown on tip bots (they are far to elitist to allow such a thing to interfere with their...sophisticated discussions) so use your judgment on where to share the love.

While the Murraycoin community remains modest in size, I do believe we have assembled one of the most intelligent crypto communities I've ever seen. What we lack in numbers, we make up for with IQ (the numbers will certainly come.) It might not feel like it yet...but we're making history here.

More to come...

endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 06:29:12 PM

When MRY hit exchanges?
MEGAman

Activity: 462

I'm gonna clean up this town

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:34:57 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 10:21:22 AM by MEGAman

When MRY hit exchanges?

Wondering the same thing. I voted for it at Cryptsy but there are just so many new coins it could take a while. The vodkacoin/sodacoin guy has made about 20 new 5% premined pumper/dumper coins in the last month polluting the market. I love the concept of Murraycoin and what they're trying to do but I can't risk having it lost in the shuffle of junkcoins. Most people around here just don't care about a good dev team and a good business plan enough and I think the Murraycoin team gave them too much credit. It's all about who can dump the fastest and move on to the next coin and that isn't what Murraycoin is about. I have over 50k MRY right now and was hoping to sell about half of them to pay some bills. If anybody wants to buy some MRY I will sell 25k MRY for 10 LTC (firm.)

EDIT: Still 20k MRY left for 8 LTC 10k MRY left for 5.5 LTC. PM me if interested. Sold.
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 10:34:46 PM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Wondering the same thing. I voted for it at Cryptsy but there are just so many new coins it could take a while. The vodkacoin/sodacoin guy has made about 20 new 5% premined pumper/dumper coins in the last month polluting the market. I love the concept of Murraycoin and what they're trying to do but I can't risk having it lost in the shuffle of junkcoins. Most people around here just don't care about a good dev team and a good business plan enough and I think the Murraycoin team gave them too much credit. It's all about who can dump the fastest and move on to the next coin and that isn't what Murraycoin is about. I have over 50k MRY right now and was hoping to sell about half of them to pay some bills. If anybody wants to buy some MRY I will sell 25k MRY for 10 LTC (firm.)

EDIT: Still 20k MRY left for 8 LTC 10k MRY left for 5.5 LTC. PM me if interested.

Upping your price? I'll buy them from you for your original offer of 2500 MRY/1 LTC - send me a PM. For future reference, please post all buy/sell stuff in the Altcoin Marketplace section:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=161.0

Love having people contribute to this thread - makes me realize I'm not just talking to myself in here - but we might as well keep things a bit more organized - 3 months from now somebody reading through this thread, getting up to speed on Murraycoin, isn't going to want to scroll through irrelevant wheeling and dealing.

Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 12:04:38 AM

I want to start off and buy 1 BTC worth of Murray Grin

Will have to recieve Murray before I release BTC but hopefully my rep is good for it~

Keep up the good work bholzer!

Alienwalkerx
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 12:17:40 AM

I want to start off and buy 1 BTC worth of Murray Grin

Will have to recieve Murray before I release BTC but hopefully my rep is good for it~

Keep up the good work bholzer!

Alienwalkerx

Ahoy! It's been a while - I assume you've been doing well?

Make him some fair offers, guys. Alienwalkerx is good people - we go way back to the early days of Megacoin and he is a big part of Megacoin's success.

Thanks - we have a lot going on here. I'll drop you a brief note later when I have a minute.

PfizerVenture

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 05:46:06 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

EDIT: Still 20k MRY left for 8 LTC 10k MRY left for 5.5 LTC. PM me if interested.

Upping your price? I'll buy them from you for your original offer of 2500 MRY/1 LTC - send me a PM. For future reference, please post all buy/sell stuff in the Altcoin Marketplace section:

Love having people contribute to this thread - makes me realize I'm not just talking to myself in here - but we might as well keep things a bit more organized - 3 months from now somebody reading through this thread, getting up to speed on Murraycoin, isn't going to want to scroll through irrelevant wheeling and dealing.

Let me get this right, you want to buy 2500mry for 1LTC.

Current MRY is .00010343 = .0729 x 2500 = 182.25
Current LTC is .02618  =  18.45   
Current BTC 704.98

So since you are able to trade on fusions exchange you are able to take the $18.45 you would give that poor sap and turn around and make $182.25 @ current market???  A $163.80 profit not to bad I must say,  better than me considering I'm still waiting to pay me electric...
Alienwalkerx

Activity: 208

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:03:06 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Current BTC 704.98

So since you are able to trade on fusions exchange you are able to take the $18.45 you would give that poor sap and turn around and make $182.25 @ current market???  A $163.80 profit not to bad I must say,  better than me considering I'm still waiting to pay me electric...
I believe this is the advantage of having an account with a private exchange.  Think $100 above asking price for BTC @ Gox due to lack of fund movement.

Go try and sell your MRY for 0.00010343 and let us know how long that takes.  Exact same situation, hence the offer being lower than the private exchange asking price - he guarantees a pay out right now.

Anyway, glad to be onboard!

Alienwalkerx
swainzag

Activity: 209

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:38:47 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Current BTC 704.98

Dude Phizer! You have been hashing 20K KH/S for weeks man.  You have to have a TON.....if not the most coins out of anyone, you selling any?? 

murrayCOIN - The Only Currency Worthy of the Name
lazr

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 06:54:35 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Current BTC 704.98

Dude Phizer! You have been hashing 20K KH/S for weeks man.  You have to have a TON.....if not the most coins out of anyone, you selling any?? 

I highly doubt this is the same guy...
bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:29:52 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Current LTC is .02618  =  18.45  
Current BTC 704.98

So since you are able to trade on fusions exchange you are able to take the $18.45 you would give that poor sap and turn around and make $182.25 @ current market???  A $163.80 profit not to bad I must say,  better than me considering I'm still waiting to pay me electric...
I believe this is the advantage of having an account with a private exchange.  Think $100 above asking price for BTC @ Gox due to lack of fund movement.

Go try and sell your MRY for 0.00010343 and let us know how long that takes.  Exact same situation, hence the offer being lower than the private exchange asking price - he guarantees a pay out right now.

Anyway, glad to be onboard!

Alienwalkerx

Alienwalkerx is correct. The Murraycoin volume at the FusionHash Exchange is really low - the exchange just isn't that active in general and most people using it are trading LTC/BTC and DOGE/BTC. I did have a 1000 MRY sell order on the books for 0.000099 that somebody snagged today...but that's by far the biggest single Murraycoin transaction I've seen. Also, after that sale, both the buy and sell orders were completely empty!

Also, I'm just throwing the offers out there - I'm not forcing anybody to sell to me! Not to mention I paid him his original asking price! While it's true I usually take what I buy and trickle it out on the FusionHash Exchange, I only do it to improve Murraycoin distribution while preserving the stash that I've mined. I get dozens of PMs/day from people looking to buy MRY and usually I tell them I'm not selling unless I just happened to pick some Murraycoins up from somebody that was selling.

Also, I've been giving everybody 14 days to decide if they want to buy the MRY back from me at the same price they sold to me for. I doubt too many exchanges would be willing to do that!

bholzer (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2014, 07:32:48 AM

When MRY hit exchanges?

Current BTC 704.98

I highly doubt this is the same guy...

Haha definitely not the same guy - confirmed via an email conversation I just had with the PfizerVenture mining at FusionHash. PfizerVenture hit 70 Mh/s at one point in the Murraycoin pool so I'm just guessing "paying me electric" is an afterthought. They're also mining ANC at FusionHash right now.

NetAlp

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 11:15:29 AM

https://xnigma.com/markets/view/42

▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
          █   █▄  ▀▀▀██▄▄
       ▄▄▀▀█  ██  ▄ ▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▄▄
 █▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀▀      ▐███▄ ▀ ▀▀▄
  ▀██▄    ▀▄    ▄ ▄  ▀▀▀▀▀█    ▄██
    ▀███▄▄▄▄▄  █▌ ▀▀▄▄▄  ▄█     ▐█
   ▀▄▄ ██▀▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄  █▄▄    █▀
     █▌ ██    ▐████▀▀   ▄██▄▄▄▄██
      ▌ ▐█   █ ▀▄    ▄ ▐██▀    ▀
        █▀  █    ▀     ▐██
       ▄▀ ▄▀    ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀▀████
      ▄▀    ▄█▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █▀
    ▄▀   ▄█▀▀█▀        ▀█▄▄▀
 █     ▄█▀              ▀
██   ▄█▀
█▀ ▄█▀
██▄██
▀███
 ▀██
  ▀█
Tigereum             ▀▀▄▄
                ▀█▄▄
▀▄▄      ▄▄       ▀█▄▄
  ▀█▄     ▀█▄       ▀██▄
    ▀█▄    ███▄▄     ▀██▄
      ██▄▄   ▀███▄    ▀██▄
       ▀█▄▄    ████   ▀▀██▄
        ███    ▀████   ▐███
        ▀██▄    ████▄   ████
        ████    ▀████▌   ▐██▄
         ▀███    ▀███    ▐███▐
          ▀███    ▀███     ███
          ▀████    ▀███     ██▄
            ███      ██      ██▄
             ███      █▌      ███
              ▀█▄      █       ██
               ▀█▄▄     ▀       █▄
                ▀█▌              ▀
                 ▀█
                  ▀▄
              ' WHITEPAPER '             
Join Us on Telegram
Facebook   Twitter   Linkedin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: