Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:04:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is this poster the one?
Yes - 4 (100%)
Yes except(explain in comments) - 0 (0%)
No(explain why) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Posters [Bounty claimed]  (Read 4244 times)
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:44:52 AM

I'll take this on.

Stay tuned for rough draft.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:54:55 AM

Here's a rough draft. I chose not to put more than one "call to action" on here... only one QR code, to focus attention. No reason to suggest vendors to people who haven't yet heard of the currency. That's step 2 =)  The messaging is targeted to university libertarian/rebel types.

Thoughts?
nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 07:19:02 AM

Here's a rough draft. I chose not to put more than one "call to action" on here... only one QR code, to focus attention. No reason to suggest vendors to people who haven't yet heard of the currency. That's step 2 =)  The messaging is targeted to university libertarian/rebel types.

Thoughts?

1) wtf? section does NOT explain jack squat diddly to the layman.
2) You should make the QR code link to WeUseCoins

deslok (OP)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:31:21 AM

Thoughts?

The thing on the top I don't like it looks like the printer hemorrhaged black ink before actually printing the page, vendors were for a "double page" 11x17 print only, any qr has to include the relevant URL nearby it not everyone has a smartphone.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
d33tah

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:34:26 AM

I like the thing at the top.
Richard Rahl

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:35:03 PM

Same. Gives it style. I love it, it's pro.

The only thing I would change/add would be a url to bitcoin.org for those who don't know about QR Codes.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 01:54:34 PM

The only thing I would change/add would be a url to bitcoin.org for those who don't know about QR Codes.

Well i can try and print it with that, if  evoohees would be kind enough to email me a .pdf of it

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 02:18:47 PM

A tip about the viability of actually creating a poster which can be printed for reasonable cost:

The only way to get cheap posters as an individual is on plain white paper using a b&w laser plotter.

Don't use excessive colors, colors are fine but you have to adjust the mean tones so that they make sense in b&w.
Don't put anything at or near the edges, like above. The plotter can't print on the edges and those edges would need to be cut manually which makes them more expensive and you are wasting space. Furthermore those plotters have a large tolerance of where they print so include at least a 1" margin.

The cheapest format is a square.
This has to do with the way copy-shops calculate their prices. They charge you per length and if you have a smaller format they print it landscape and charge you the price if they printed it portrait.

They usually have 36" plotters and prices for 24" and 36". By using a square format you basically get 1.6 times cheaper price per area.
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:52:08 PM

These are going to be printed on my own workforce 1100 it's a high volume inkjet designed for business use capable of sizes larger than 11x17 ( the largest paper I regularly purchase I can look into others) as far as borderless printing it's something I'll be trying with that rough draft when I get the pdf.

burlyman007

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 02:57:05 PM

This is cool. Good luck.

I like the Matrix reference on the most recent draft (the "rabbit hole").

I'll probably buy one when they become available. Smiley
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2011, 03:14:24 PM

These are going to be printed on my own workforce 1100 it's a high volume inkjet designed for business use capable of sizes larger than 11x17 ( the largest paper I regularly purchase I can look into others) as far as borderless printing it's something I'll be trying with that rough draft when I get the pdf.
In that case, good luck Smiley

There might be people out there who would be willing to print out a few at a shop and hang them up in their area...
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 03:17:53 PM

The final results will be available in .pdf format for anyone wishing to do that

Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 04:01:47 PM

Funny i was just thinking about this the other day... about making a poster to post up all over town on every store bulletin. I realised I couldn't explain well but the one we have made by "The Joint" (I believe) was excellent. Can't wait till the pdf comes out to print out and post up all over town! Cheesy
evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 05:55:24 PM

Okay thanks everyone for the comments.

Deslok - as this is for you, if you're printing it on any inkjet/business/home printer I do not think it will print to the edge of the paper (called "bleed"). I had assumed these would be printed professionally, with bleed available.

If they're just being printed on a home/office printer, then I'll need to remove anything touching the edges, and probably make the background pure white.

Deslok: do you prefer we do the QR code/URL for bitcoin.org or for weusecoins.com (I kinda prefer weusecoins actually)

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 06:06:20 PM

Okay thanks everyone for the comments.

Deslok - as this is for you, if you're printing it on any inkjet/business/home printer I do not think it will print to the edge of the paper (called "bleed"). I had assumed these would be printed professionally, with bleed available.

If they're just being printed on a home/office printer, then I'll need to remove anything touching the edges, and probably make the background pure white.

Deslok: do you prefer we do the QR code/URL for bitcoin.org or for weusecoins.com (I kinda prefer weusecoins actually)

Ideally we could include all three however from the standpoint of a single focal point we use coins is more casual user friendly in my opinion.

Edit: it's not exactly a standard printer and if people want that effect I can try printing it. Even if I can't since the file(s) will be freely available  if you created a copy with it i'm sure some would go to a professional print shop, I couldn't make them for shipping choosy only but would get a large order of them like that if there's enough demand.

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2011, 11:31:24 PM

BUMP!
(hopefully)Finalized poster, Shipping cost and poll added

nhodges

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:19:35 AM

Sort of, it was trendy two years ago. Smiley But yes, the main thing is not isolating the usefulness of this poster to people with smart phones, IMO. And a better "explanation" paragraph.

Edit: Also, Bitcoin accepted here needs to go. Accepted where? At this poster?

deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 01:24:44 AM

Sort of, it was trendy two years ago. Smiley But yes, the main thing is not isolating the usefulness of this poster to people with smart phones, IMO. And a better "explanation" paragraph.

Should probably go at the top of a second half as opposed to my cheesy proud to accept bitcoins line however something should probably go there unless i'm having him put a "provided by SDM" badge there Tongue

evoorhees
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 03:00:14 AM

You're right, it was trendy two years ago. Bounty has to be higher for more sophisticated work, son!

And yes, the poster accepts Bitcoins. That's how cool they are Smiley
deslok (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2011, 04:09:22 PM

The bounty is being issued to evoorhees i'm sending out the first order for his poster today(with a small change as per request) to xenland

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: